[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad calls for Sunday games

XFlash

1 minute ago, XFlash said:

Terrible start.

Hou @ Bal 

Watson long ball to Hopkins, DB grabbed him before ball got there right in front of ref and no PI!

Terrible.

Reviewed and not turned over.

NO PI!  Such B.S.

It got reviewed and they found that that wasn't PI?!?!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?  

UNBELIEVABLE!

Just now, purplemonster said:

Lol I thought this was a preemptive thread just having a place for all the inevitable bad calls 

Yes.  I'm sure the refs and NY NFL review booth won't disappoint :coach:

I was watching recap replays.

NO @ TB

Offese PI Mike Evans.  I thought it was allowed to push off within 1 yd from scrimmage.  I know that it happen in earlier games and no calls.

Replay shows that he was within 1 yd.  

I really don't get it.  This time replay was clear and obvious and they still did not reverse call.  I'm puzzled beyond belief.  Why allow PI challenges if you are not going to reverse any even with clear evidence of requirement qualification that define PI?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XFlash said:

I was watching recap replays.

NO @ TB

Offese PI Mike Evans.  I thought it was allowed to push off within 1 yd from scrimmage.  I know that it happen in earlier games and no calls.

Replay shows that he was within 1 yd.  

I really don't get it.  This time replay was clear and obvious and they still did not reverse call.  I'm puzzled beyond belief.  Why allow PI challenges if you are not going to reverse any even with clear evidence of requirement qualification that define PI?

The refs don't want the rule, it was forced on them and now everytime one is challenged they get offended, and are trying to teach coaches not to challenge them.  They will call the game as they see it.

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

I think the stat is since week 4, 32 of 33 PI reviews have not been overturned.  The NFL's approach to this has been rather puzzling.  I don't know who is behind it, Riveron, the officials, the NFL brass.  All of them?  Just seems odd to pass a new rule then clearly not enforce it.  

Typical NFL, overreact, change things to try and appease people. Media and fans scream, do something to try and placate them. It is beyond dumb they've basically decided to give people the impression they'll fix horrible missed/called PI with a challenge, but then don't accept that any of their calls (even with clear visual evidence) are wrong.  "We'll fix our mistakes, if we ever make one, which we rarely do" :thinking: 

4 hours ago, millworkguy said:

The refs don't want the rule, it was forced on them and now everytime one is challenged they get offended, and are trying to teach coaches not to challenge them.  They will call the game as they see it.

This reasoning I can believe.

It is sad to think that is what is happening at the cost of game integrity, players livelihood, and Fan enjoyment.

I wish NFL would post how they hold refs accountable every week.  That kind of transparency would go a long ways to showing NFL true intent of rule changes and accountability.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, XFlash said:

This reasoning I can believe.

It is sad to think that is what is happening at the cost of game integrity, players livelihood, and Fan enjoyment.

I wish NFL would post how they hold refs accountable every week.  That kind of transparency would go a long ways to showing NFL true intent of rule changes and accountability.

Agree. And why don't the Refs have to hold press conferences after every game. I'd love to see that every week. 

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree. And why don't the Refs have to hold press conferences after every game. I'd love to see that every week. 

That would be great!

What type of questions do you think reporters would ask?

- were you aware before the game the over/under released by Las Vegas?

- were you told before that game to look for certain fouls or pay particular attention to said foul(s)?

- were you contacted by anybody in NFL Commissioners offices?

Body language would tell a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XFlash said:

That would be great!

- were you told before that game to look for certain fouls or pay particular attention to said foul(s)?

Yes!!! Accountability at it's finest 

12 hours ago, XFlash said:

That would be great!

"When you're on the radio with NY reviewing a play do you yell scream and throw things because they're just as incompetent as you?"

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

"When you're on the radio with NY reviewing a play do you yell scream and throw things because they're just as incompetent as you?"

This was about after the game accountability and/or interview.

Terrible call.

OAK @ NYJ

Sack on Darnold and they call roughing passer when another OAK player fell on Darnold.  Not a pancake, but looked like a push onto him.

Result half distance and then TD.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, XFlash said:

Terrible call.

OAK @ NYJ

Sack on Darnold and they call roughing passer when another OAK player fell on Darnold.  Not a pancake, but looked like a push onto him.

Result half distance and then TD.

Atrocious call... no helmet to helmet...NOTHING :angry:

Idk, the game happens in real time, not in replay,  lmk how you feel when every play takes 3-5 minutes because they want to review the actions of all 22 guys on the field before making a ruling.   Life isnt perfect,  football isnt perfect,  and the refs aren't perfect.   Not sure I really enjoy the current product,  not sold that more replay, and the cost to create a perfectly called game will be better.