[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I over thinking this? Benching Henery, picking up Ian Thomas?

Rideordiecowboy

I'm playing a guy with a ton of dream matchups. I'm trying to squeeze as much as I can out of my injury-riddled team and the thin waiver wire in a competitive 12 team keeper league. I'm contemplating picking up Ian Thomas and starting him over Hunter Henery in a PPR .5 league. Good idea or am I getting too cute? Henery seems to not be getting as many targets and no telling about MN D. SEA however is about like ARZ with TEs ranking as 2nd to last against them. I'm not sure this guy is good enough to trust, but it seems like a good matchup. Or do I stick with the guy who got me here after Njoku went down?

33 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

There's a lot more luck involved as opposed to taking chances. It's ok to take risks if they are calculated with some sense of theory behind it. Do what got you here. 

I agree totally having played for all these years. Luck & injuries are absolutely the biggest factor.  Hell, the guy I'm playing tomorrow drafted Dalvin. I'm the guy who drafted Mattison with my last pick, and hung onto him until about 3 weeks ago. I played his injury tendencies, and it didn't pan out. Drafted David Johnson in the 2nd round. It really is a crap shoot & played FF since 90's, seriously, on friggin paper then. You have to be able to adapt & improvise. Most years, unless lucky, my team at the end of the year bears little semblance to the one I drafted. I won last week, in all honesty, because I made a kicker change. Had Elliott from the Eagles. Weather was going to be bad so switched to Koo from the Falcons because indoors & gets many attempts. Koo gets me 18.  You just have to dig scramble and find any edge you can. There is much more to fantasy football than meets the eye to the casual "player". It takes constant work, but it is a hoot, and maddening, at the same time. I have been so pissed I vowed that I am done, like some post here, but the next year, there I am, itching to play. Enough rant for now. Love this forum!