[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Choke on a Carrot Garrett!!!

CowboysDiehard

34 minutes ago, whomper said:

I am not saying the team is devoid of talent . Every team has a good player or two but I am tired of hearing how with this talent we should be blowing through people . I think some of that is them being over rated . If you're that talented , you don't lose to the Eagles 5th string

Bad coaching my friend, the absolute worst. How did Doug Peterson get that group of practice squaders up for that game? You are correct, they had no business beating the Cowboys, none. But they did. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

Bad coaching my friend, the absolute worst. How did Doug Peterson get that group of practice squaders up for that game? You are correct, they had no business beating the Cowboys, none. But they did. 

I really like Peterson. He coached one of the best super bowls I have ever seen

35 minutes ago, whomper said:

I really like Peterson. He coached one of the best super bowls I have ever seen

I kinda sorta like Peterson. He's very unpredictable which I think has helped him but it can also backfire at times. He's not really good when having to think on his feet. Losing Frank Reich really hurt Pederson's play calling. All in all it's hard to complain. He has very little to work with this season. The Playoffs would be a minor miracle. 

Edited by League_Champion

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, League_Champion said:

I kinda sorta like Peterson. He's very unpredictable which I think has helped him but it can also backfire at times. He's not really good when having to think on his feet. Losing Frank Reich really hurt Pederson's play calling. All in all it's hard to complain. He has very little to work with this season. The Playoffs would be a minor miracle. 

NFC east was the tallest midget contest . The Eagles showed guts winning short handed like that twice . A truly deserved playoff berth

11 minutes ago, whomper said:

NFC east was the tallest midget contest . The Eagles showed guts winning short handed like that twice . A truly deserved playoff berth

Carson Wentz was unreal down the stretch. He ultimately threw for 4,000+ yard with garbage at WR. He's the first to do it without a pass-catcher breaking 950 yards. That's amazing! 

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Carson Wentz was unreal down the stretch. He ultimately threw for 4,000+ yard with garbage at WR. He's the first to do it without a pass-catcher breaking 950 yards. That's amazing! 

Good to hear about Wentz.  A little off topic, but what do you think about Miles Sanders?  Is he going to be good or JAG.  You have seen more of him than me.  

As for Garrett, why isn't he fired yet?  

Edited by purplemonster

23 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Good to hear about Wentz.  A little off topic, but what do you think about Miles Sanders?  Is he going to be good or JAG.  You have seen more of him than me.  

As for Garrett, why isn't he fired yet?  

I like Sanders a lot. He needs to become a better runner though. He dances around a lot and needs to learn how to hit the hole faster. He's a hell of a pass catcher though. I'd have no problems taking him early next year in PPR. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Haha. It's crazy! He just can't bring himself to do it. 

I get it's easy for us, even hardcore cowboys fans to be in disbelief over this all. But why is this a bad thing?  I just see them as handling it with respect and class. Maybe they wanted to wait an extra day so he wasn't a part of the immediate firings. Maybe they just wanted to give him time to have his last moments, say his goodbyes, sit down and talk about the future and how their relationship will continue beyond football.  Hell, maybe they want to talk with Garrett about not firing him but letting his contact expire in 2 weeks but moving forward with the next head coach search while Garrett is still "the coach".

Who the hell knows?

1 hour ago, irish said:

I get it's easy for us, even hardcore cowboys fans to be in disbelief over this all. But why is this a bad thing?  I just see them as handling it with respect and class. Maybe they wanted to wait an extra day so he wasn't a part of the immediate firings. Maybe they just wanted to give him time to have his last moments, say his goodbyes, sit down and talk about the future and how their relationship will continue beyond football.  Hell, maybe they want to talk with Garrett about not firing him but letting his contact expire in 2 weeks but moving forward with the next head coach search while Garrett is still "the coach".

Who the hell knows?

Great points!

17 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Why hasn't it happened yet ? It seems very odd. Is it possible Jerrah can't pull the trigger and gives him 1 last chance lol

Agree.

JJ doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would let somebody twist in the wind.

27 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

From Jane Slater

"I’m being told there will likely be no news today on the Jason Garrett front. Meeting is over. Remaining coaches and staffers in the building heading home"

UGH.  No news is bad news in this case.

25 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

UGH.  No news is bad news in this case.

From everything I've been reading online, if JJ decides to keep Garrett, the Cowboys fan base will stage a revolt.

5 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Yyp Jerrah can't pull the trigger. Like cutting his own son out of the business. Promotion to some cushy front office gig coming. 

That is what I thought as well.