[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams move on from Wade Phillips

Wolverines Fan

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't understand this move either. Wasn't everyone gushing over what a great job Phillips was doing just a couple years ago? Is he suddenly a clueless dolt? 

That was my impression as well. The magic rubbed off for the Rams this year. Both the offense and defense acted like they got kind of exposed after everyone figured out their game plans.  The regression from Goff and Gurley and the OL definitely did not help

Edited by purplemonster

42 minutes ago, irish said:

Maybe the cowboys can bring wade back too!

I think they will.  In a Dallas minute, which, by the way, is considerably longer than an actual minute which is already twice as long as a New York minute. Just ask Garrett.  He knows how slow Dallas is. 

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think they will.  In a Dallas minute, which, by the way, is considerably longer than an actual minute which is already twice as long as a New York minute. Just ask Garrett.  He knows how slow Dallas is. 

Already took nolan as DC.

This pist me off. What’s worse is Cory Littleton visited us at the rehab center last week (San Diego native) and I got to chat with him for a minute. He told me the Rams will probably let him walk via FA in order to keep Fowler. The Rams are making mistakes all over the board. Jalen Ramsey for 2 1st round picks and a massive salary??? Idiots

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

This pist me off. What’s worse is Cory Littleton visited us at the rehab center last week (San Diego native) and I got to chat with him for a minute. He told me the Rams will probably let him walk via FA in order to keep Fowler. The Rams are making mistakes all over the board. Jalen Ramsey for 2 1st round picks and a massive salary??? Idiots

Yep.  Agreed.  Tons of mistakes made this year that will hurt the Rams the next few years.  

• 2 weeks later...

Would love for the Browns to bring him in as DC except it may mess with the defense going back to 3-4 and Garrett not being a good fit for that.

I feel Wade was a great help to Sean McVey as a first time head coach, not only could Wade run the entire defense but he could help with his experience not just as a head coach but also a long time coordinator and assistant. Too many of these first time HCs are overwhelmed, especially when they are control freaks and won't give up calling the offensive plays. 

On 1/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, tazinib1 said:

Update. He came back and I talked to him a little more in depth. Cory mentioned the Rams will not be able to afford him and his most likely landing spots are Arizona and Las Vegas. However, the Giants could swoop him up based on $ to spend. Regardless, his outlook of staying a Ram is dim. 😡🤬

• Like 1