[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Vote #5 - Expand Rosters?

Trojanmojo

League Vote #5 - Expand Rosters?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. If we ditch IR, should we expand to 22 man rosters, 21 man rosters? Should we stick to 20 man rosters?

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think the rosters are too big. It makes the draft fun, and I guess the poaching when the time comes, but waivers during the year pretty barren. When I have a super deep bench I feel really weird benching studs because I only have so many starting spots.

In another league, a couple years ago I suggested changing the bench from 6 spots to 4 (Yahoo) and it made the weekly waivers much more available. Also, it prevented people from hoarding QBs and TEs. I know I'm probably alone in this but I felt like I wasn't doing a lot of weekly roster planning since my roster was so deep.

• 2 weeks later...

In a one QB league the typical roster size is 16, most carry one back up QB is these types of leagues, in a 2 QB Flex league it stands to reason extra roster size is a requirement to carry an extra QB or Two, I would hate to go up in roster size as the waiver wire finds can be tricky, then again that's a challenge I love.  I will say I wasn't a fan of the waiver wire QB bone yard, how to fix that I'm not certain. Could we drop from 20 to say 18 on the roster possibly but an injury year to QB's like this year things could get ugly! Maybe more ideas and feed back are needed.  I am also basing this on keeping the IR.

Edited by Eights