[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official QB domino thread

Gourdeau

Take it all with a huge grain of salt. All these NFL experts need to talk fill time talking about stuff, and what might happen to Brady is a story that draws eyeballs. But its mostly just somebody spreading a rumor they heard elsewhere, some source that could be the janitor at team HQ. 

16 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Take it all with a huge grain of salt. All these NFL experts need to talk fill time talking about stuff, and what might happen to Brady is a story that draws eyeballs. But its mostly just somebody spreading a rumor they heard elsewhere, some source that could be the janitor at team HQ. 

I agree. But it's fun to speculate. That's kinda why we're here, correct? 

• Like 1

I'm reading now (including in Huddle News sourced from Ian Rappaport) that Brady and the Pats are waiting for some things with the CBA to shake out before the have any serious talks. No doubt his team will listen to any legit offers (in 2+ weeks when teams can start talking to free agents), but that doesn't mean he won't be an option for the Pats, or that the Pats have moved on from him. 

But I get it, just discussing that he is likely to stay with the Pats is boring. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I'm reading now (including in Huddle News sourced from Ian Rappaport) that Brady and the Pats are waiting for some things with the CBA to shake out before the have any serious talks. No doubt his team will listen to any legit offers (in 2+ weeks when teams can start talking to free agents), but that doesn't mean he won't be an option for the Pats, or that the Pats have moved on from him. 

But I get it, just discussing that he is likely to stay with the Pats is boring. 

Or to say it another way: Ignoring everything else cuz you have your mind set one way ...Is boring. In this we agree.

8 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Uh..It's in my quote. 

My mind is not set, you said it is, that's twisting my words.

I offered additional information about Brady/Pats, I didn't just say "nothing to discuss, case closed, I know Brady stays with the Pats."

Not sure what your issue was with my post. 

Just now, stevegrab said:

My mind is not set, you said it is, that's twisting my words.

I offered additional information about Brady/Pats, I didn't just say "nothing to discuss, case closed, I know Brady stays with the Pats."

Not sure what your issue was with my post. 

Ok noted

On 2/27/2020 at 10:05 AM, stevegrab said:

This is additional info? That is actual supposition.  

Look either way...noted steve.  

Trying to point out there is much more discussion to farm out there than Brady Stays. Just check the lines in Vegas. They think he stays too. Yawn.

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

They kinda have to, Dak has them by the nads. He's not good enough to paid like a top 5 QB and he's not bad enough to let walk. He's gonna get his. 

Yeah I thought this would happen all along but who really knew? I honestly never thought they'd go with McCarthy(sp?).

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

They kinda have to, Dak has them by the nads. He's not good enough to paid like a top 5 QB and he's not bad enough to let walk. He's gonna get his. 

I feel like guys like he and Kirk are the absolute worst guys to have.  Unlikely to win anything but get paid like studs.  Id rather have a scrub and build a team around him if I had to choose.  Plus it keeps you from looking for your next QB which you will get on the cheap if you draft, and your draft position isn't high enough to get the top guy.  That may not matter  if you are fortunate to draft a Mahomes or Russ Wilson but that's not typical.  Sorry if that pisses off Cowboy fans and it's an uninformed internet opinion but that's how I feel.

The return on rookie QBs is just so huge compared to what veterans are paid.  Mahomes is worth 10x what he is paid.  

Edited by purplemonster

On 2/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, Gourdeau said:

Green appears to be committed to Cincy especially with Burrow coming. He's mentioned many times he wants to stay... for some reason lol

CIN will plan to use franchise tag him if no deal is done. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28815686/bengals-plan-use-franchise-tag-receiver-aj-green

On 2/29/2020 at 1:03 PM, boltnlava said:

Yeah I thought this would happen all along but who really knew? I honestly never thought they'd go with McCarthy(sp?).

Yes Jones hiring McCarthy was a a bit of a shock, I would have loved for the Browns to get McCarthy, hopefully Stefanski works out.

An interesting article I'm reading on Brady. Basically it says that Tom and Bill need to meet and see if their goals mesh, if so getting a contract worked out with the Pats won't be complicated. Until that happens all the speculation of where he goes is a bit pointless. 

I don't doubt he'll test free agency, but I question the way some reports state he is "prepared to play elsewhere", as if he has closed the door on the Pats and won't even be talking to them. Mostly because "nothing has happened yet" and "sources close to Tom tell us....".

14 hours ago, loaf said:

Tom Brady needs

a great pass protecting offensive line

a wide receiver that can open up the field

a team that is going to win now

who does that leave? 

I think not not having a franchise QB currently is another factor in teams that will fit. Not buying that he'd go to SF and they'd ship Jimmy G back to the Pats. 

Dallas is the first team that comes to mind, I wouldn't include them if Dak was under contract, but the impasse there could be a factor. And Jimmy would sure love to make a splash, screwing Kraft over is a bonus. That assumes they can keep Amari Cooper. Zeke would take the pressure off TB. 

TEN is more a run blocking OL. Maybe IND is a fit (Brissett still working on a deal). 

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I think not not having a franchise QB currently is another factor in teams that will fit. Not buying that he'd go to SF and they'd ship Jimmy G back to the Pats. 

Dallas is the first team that comes to mind, I wouldn't include them if Dak was under contract, but the impasse there could be a factor. And Jimmy would sure love to make a splash, screwing Kraft over is a bonus. That assumes they can keep Amari Cooper. Zeke would take the pressure off TB. 

TEN is more a run blocking OL. Maybe IND is a fit (Brissett still working on a deal). 

Chargers.. Just traded for Trai Turner. Mike William's Keenan Allen Hunter Henry Austin Eckler and big time talent on Defense. 

• Like 2