[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official QB domino thread

Gourdeau

3 hours ago, Big John said:

Bridgewater working out a deal with Carolina.

I don't get it. Does he really make anyone better? He's nice but not a full time starter. 

The Panthers and Teddy Bridgewater are negotiating a 3-year contract in the $60 million range, per source. The deal is not done as they work out details but it is expected to be complete when new league year opens Wednesday.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I don't get it. Does he really make anyone better? He's nice but not a full time starter. 

The Panthers and Teddy Bridgewater are negotiating a 3-year contract in the $60 million range, per source. The deal is not done as they work out details but it is expected to be complete when new league year opens Wednesday.

I think BW is better than you do.  I think he's perfectly fine as a starter and I'd take him over Newton.  But I agree with you it's a bit of a lateral move, or seems to be.  I am not sure Carolina has enough horses to do much the next few years and not sure BW will move the dial much.  But he will be an upgrade IMO

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I think BW is better than you do.  I think he's perfectly fine as a starter.  He's not going to knock your socks off or anything but he's competent.  Let's put it this way, I am quite happy he didn't sign with the Bears.  

Which makes me wonder what the Bears are going to do. They have to know that they aren't going anywhere with Trubisky. I know it's crazy but I'd rather take a shot on Jameis and hope a change of scenery and lasik does him good.

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Which makes me wonder what the Bears are going to do. They have to know that they aren't going anywhere with Trubisky. I know it's crazy but I'd rather take a shot on Jameis and hope a change of scenery and lasik does him good.

I think it depends on your tolerance for risk and I would want to talk with Jameis to figure out what's going on in his head, but Jameis personally scares me because he can be very good, and if he'd simply cut down on his mistakes and read defenses better he'd be awful to play against.  

12 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I know I am kind of surprised he hasn't signed yet.  Will be interesting to see what happens 

UFAs have to wait for the start of the league year, which is tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, League_Champion said:
27 minutes ago, purplemonster said:
3 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

I wonder where Jameis will go.

How often does a 5,000 yard passer end up looking for work?

And yes I know he threw 30 picks.

I know I am kind of surprised he hasn't signed yet.  Will be interesting to see what happens 

I can see Winston in Miami. 

8 hours ago, Shaft said:

Rivers signs with Colts!

Honestly, Rivers looked done last year. He truly looked really bad at times. I wish him nothing but the best but I'm leery. 

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Could Cam Newton possibly end up in NE?

I don't know how that would work. I just don't see the fit. BB is definitely running out of options unless he knows something special about one of his backups. 

Ok so we have Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton looking for teams right?

And the Chargers and Patriots in need of a QB, and maybe the Dolphins. The Chargers have Tyrod Taylor already and the #6 pick, so may take Justin Herbert.  The Patriots have Jared Stidham right now, and 'Phins have Fitzpatrick and a high pick.  Expected #1 pick planned to be Joe Burrow to the Bengals.  

Taysom Hill has a first round tender at 4.7M so whomever signs him would need to offer that and a #1 pick I believe, and even then the Saints can match 

Is that right?