[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Johnson traded to Houston for D. Hopkins

Big John

• Big John changed the title to David Johnson traded to Houston for D. Hopkins

Bill want's to be remembered in the same breath as Herschel Walker. 

This is the dumbest (the really bad word)ing trade I've seen since I was old enough to comprehend the management aspect of football.  Well done Bill, well done. 

• Like 1

Hopkins is my one of my "forever" keepers.  (the league allows 2).  I think I prefer Murray getting him the ball than Watson, but not sure why.  What do you think?  Is this better for Hopkins or worse?  

P.S.  The Texans are going to suck.  This deal is like the Cardinals stealing candy from a baby's mouth.  Wow. 

• Like 1

I wonder who Houston with the 2nd 2nd, is targeting there to want to make this deal? Moving up to  Pick 40 from pick 131, and still owning pick 57.  They could easily move up in the 1st, or get a 2nd 1st and get some money salary stability from their picks versus Hopkins,  but wow!!!

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Wow! This actually made me forget about the Corona for a few minutes.

This is like that bad fantasy trade everyone sees happen, but can't veto.

Agree with everybody. Awful trade for the Texans:sick::sick::sick:

Trading an elite 27 year old wideout for a high mileage rb who turns 29 in December.

The Texans are idiots! 

Edited by Wolverines Fan

24 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

But people will still rip on the Texans for the trade and labeled worst in history etc. 

Sometimes you got to move on, would people prefer watching him sit out a full season like other players are doing?

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

But people will still rip on the Texans for the trade and labeled worst in history etc. 

Sometimes you got to move on, would people prefer watching him sit out a full season like other players are doing?

Shenanigans.  Even if its because a team doesn't want to pay him, you don't give him away for a ham sandwich.  The trade is being labeled appropriately.  BO'B has now managed to move two elite players (Clowney and Hopkins) for next to nothing while at the same time trading 2 1st round picks away for an average (at best) tackle in Tunsil.  Bad is bad. 

• Like 1

I am perplexed by this. Gives away 2 1st rounders (and a second? I cant remember) for Tunsil, then turns around and trades an elite WR with 2 years left on his (good) deal for a busted up RB on a bad contract and 2nd and 4th?  What am I missing?

Edit: It was a straight 2nd rounder and DJ for Hopkins.  And 3 full years left on Hopkins deal.  

Edited by purplemonster

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I am perplexed by this. Gives away 2 1st rounders (and a second? I cant remember) for Tunsil, then turns around and trades an elite WR with 2 years left on his (good) deal for a busted up RB on a bad contract and 2nd and 4th?  What am I missing?

Same here. Even if there's something we don't know, how do you give him away for a box of rocks and a broken down David Johnson? This is beyond perplexing. 

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You're ribbing us right? You can't be serious.

Nope totally serious. What other offers were they getting for Hopkins? Did they turn down first round picks for him?

Is what they got better than him sitting out all season? 

I'm not saying it is a good trade by any means, and does seem like really low value (unless David Johnson suddenly looks like the old days).