[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what new thing are you doing?

millworkguy

On 3/29/2020 at 11:40 AM, heehawks said:

So my buddies and I played Texas Hold'em last night on Pure Holdem on Xbox. Everybody sent paypal to one guy, $30 buy in. It was fricken awesome!! It worked great and the game experience kicked azz. Talking with my pals, playing cards tourney style, drinking brews...couldn't have been a better distraction in these loney and tulmultuous times. It didn't hurt either that I took 2nd and doubled my money. :headbang:

Did you look at other online options?  The crew I play with don't have game consoles and we're all itching to play again.

3 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Did you look at other online options?  The crew I play with don't have game consoles and we're all itching to play again.

My buddies spent all day Saturday and half the day Sunday trying to find something that would work for us. Poker Face app almost worked, but too glitchy and if you got booted, you got all your chips back when it brought you back. The only one that worked properly was Pure Holdem. Didn't try to see if it had an app, as we all have kids, hence we all have Xboxes. Nice to play on a big screen for sure and chat it up with the bros. We have another game tonight!

I am relaxing with the family.  We did some spring cleanup but really have not been doing much.   In addition to working full time I am a trustee in my village and I also run the local little league. It is nice to actually have some time and relax and talk with my wife and kids.  

13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Still drinking more, but I don't have a problem yet (there's plenty more available to drink). 

My wife's an addiction and mental health therapist.   Trying to only drink on the weekends with her, don't want to start mid day with the kids around.   Or get to where I'm drinking daily (again). That was me 24-15 years ago.  

1 minute ago, millworkguy said:

My wife's an addiction and mental health therapist.   Trying to only drink on the weekends with her, don't want to start mid day with the kids around.   Or get to where I'm drinking daily (again). That was me 24-15 years ago.  

I had recently cut back some after an illness, especially week days (Mon-Thu) having maybe 2 total, as opposed to 2 most of those days. Weekends were not much different. Now I'm drinking more, 1-2 most days, and more on weekends. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I had recently cut back some after an illness, especially week days (Mon-Thu) having maybe 2 total, as opposed to 2 most of those days. Weekends were not much different. Now I'm drinking more, 1-2 most days, and more on weekends. 

For almost 10 years,  my boss at the time liked having a drinking buddy,  3-4 pints a night,  5-6 times a week, all on his dime. 

On 4/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, loaf said:

No, I only have one of the originals with a button that's carded.

My folks used to have BOXES of those things back in the 70s.  Kept them in an old trailer, I remember going through them all as a kid.  They sold them at gas stations and stores in small towns in Central Texas.  Long gone now.  :kicksrock:

• Sad 1