[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL is planning for a full season with full stadiums

Wolverines Fan

I'm voting maybe not. It took 2 years to wash out the Spanish flu after 1918 and this will be no different. Fill a stadium with people who've already had Covid - then no problem.

Going to a game with tens of thousands of other people if you haven't had it already - not a chance.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:53 PM, Wolverines Fan said:

Nonsense.  

I'm a season ticket holder.

I've already informed the team I'm not coming in 2020, no matter what the NFL decides. I can't sit amidst tens of thousands of people this fall.  Maybe in 2021.  I am over 60 and without the best pair of lungs.  No way.  The Jets are allowing me to retain my STH rights and refunded the 1st 3 monthly payments.  I'm glad they are doing the right thing.  If I don't pay them and they try to revoke my STH rights, it will be posted in every newspaper, magazine, website etc.   so far, they are doing the right thing here.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Nonsense.  

I'm a season ticket holder.

I've already informed the team I'm not coming in 2020, no matter what the NFL decides. I can't sit amidst tens of thousands of people this fall.  Maybe in 2021.  I am over 60 and without the best pair of lungs.  No way.  The Jets are allowing me to retain my STH rights and refunded the 1st 3 monthly payments.  I'm glad they are doing the right thing.  If I don't pay them and they try to revoke my STH rights, it will be posted in every newspaper, magazine, website etc.   so far, they are doing the right thing here.

Just sell them. That's what I'm going to do. 

That is simply their plan at this time, it is unlikely that there are not enough complications with getting the season going that it has to be delayed or even cancelled, and that would be without having fans at the game.

But there's no reason to cancel now, they cannot reschedule for some unknown time when things are better. So they say its a go as planned. 

Other sports are moving things from spring into summer, or even fall, but there's no guarantee they go on either.

PS  Season ticket holders are in a bind, you've probably already been billed for a portion, or will be soon, although I've heard some of that may be delayed. But if the teams hold games and you've purchased tickets you're SOL. You can try getting a refund or credit, but not sure how that goes. Some teams will play nice, maybe all. 

Edited by stevegrab

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

That is simply their plan at this time, it is unlikely that there are not enough complications with getting the season going that it has to be delayed or even cancelled, and that would be without having fans at the game.

But there's no reason to cancel now, they cannot reschedule for some unknown time when things are better. So they say its a go as planned. 

Other sports are moving things from spring into summer, or even fall, but there's no guarantee they go on either.

PS  Season ticket holders are in a bind, you've probably already been billed for a portion, or will be soon, although I've heard some of that may be delayed. But if the teams hold games and you've purchased tickets you're SOL. You can try getting a refund or credit, but not sure how that goes. Some teams will play nice, maybe all. 

I have a guy in Philly that buys the majority of my season tickets every year. I usually fly (or drive) in for about 3 games a year and the playoffs. I'll obviously refund him his money if they cancel games. So far I've heard nothing from the team. 

On 4/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, League_Champion said:

Just sell them. That's what I'm going to do. 

like there will be a hungry market for them.  I doubt that.  At least not here in the NY area.  We are devastated. 

Let the teams sell them.  Thats their job.  If no one buys them from them, well then it was stupid to plan on "full" stadiums.  LOL.  When the death toll in the US nears 100,000 before the start of summer, maybe reality will set in for them.  Not everything is about revenue.

Edited by Dcat

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

like there will be a hungry market for them.  I doubt that.  At least not here in the NY area.  We are devastated. 

Let the teams sell them.  Thats their job.  If no one buys them from them, well then it was stupid to plan on "full" stadiums.  LOL.  When the death toll in the US nears 100,000 before the start of summer, maybe reality will set in for them.  Not everything is about revenue.

We are still talking 5 - 6 months before we even talk regular season. Knowing the NFL they'll find a way to get the season in, even if it means playing into March of next year. And If they do play football those stadiums will be full. I guarantee you Philly will be. 

6 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Trump said maybe August or September before sports resume.  

Me thinks there's something more serious than a 21-day virus going on.  

And a couple/few hours later he said, “Whenever we’re ready, I mean as soon as we can, obviously. He then later added, “I can’t tell you a date but I thinks it’s going to be sooner rather than later.”

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, keggerz said:

We do, unfortunately.

I was out this morning. They are only letting so many people in the grocery store at a time, shelves are all but empty and tempers are flaring. It's only a matter of a time before you see full on looting and anarchy. Especially those who can't afford to get to the store, etc. 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This was sent to me, very interesting.

I probably won't watch this, but I'm pretty confident I know the major plot line. 

I found it "very interesting" the lady who posted it is a flat earther and has a bunch of 5G conspiracy videos.  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

Yeah the conspiracy nonsense we can do without.

If this Shadow of Death has yet to descend on your community then you are fortunate and I am very pleased you've been spared so far.

If you have any doubts at the carnage COVID is wreaking, you're welcome to spend some time with me and I'll take you past the ICU rooms in our hospital that are filled with nearly dead people. One military friend said that he'd rather go back to the Afghan field hospitals he worked at than deal with this manure here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I probably won't watch this, but I'm pretty confident I know the major plot line. 

I found it "very interesting" the lady who posted it is a flat earther and has a bunch of 5G conspiracy videos.  :rolleyes: 

Haha, I read that 5G nonesense. Who comes up with this crap? Take it for whatever you choose but they stopped the drive up Corona testing here because nobody was showing up. That's a fact. 

Edited by League_Champion

A lot of hospitals have a no visitor policy so that immediately cuts down on a lot of traffic.  Elective surgeries or procedures are being canceled and only emergent/very necessary visits in clinics and hospitals.  Patients are being cared for more at their nursing homes or simply not coming in unless they are very sick because they don't want to be exposed to the corona virus.  So many places probably do look empty and are empty if they are not experiencing a coronavirus surge.