[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAndre Hopkins says he's the NFL's best wide receiver

This is an interesting debate. Who is the best WR in the NFL (non-fantasy). I'd probably take Michael Thomas if I were starting a team but Hopkins is definitely a close second with Julio Jones & Tyreek Hill in that discussion. Your thoughts? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deandre-hopkins-says-hes-the-nfls-best-wide-receiver-expects-better-numbers-with-cardinals/

It's a fun argument, but I wouldn't take any WR right now over Thomas. I'm probably biased a bit though. I think Thomas proved himself last year with virtually little to no dropoff while Brees was out.

6 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Nah, one great year doesn't cut it. But I'm separating fantasy from real.

Godwin is on his way to become a legit Superstar. Just look what he did with Winston as his QB. I do agree with you though. He's not there yet but he will be, real soon. I bet he's in this conversation next season for sure. 

5 hours ago, rajncajn said:

It's a fun argument, but I wouldn't take any WR right now over Thomas. I'm probably biased a bit though. I think Thomas proved himself last year with virtually little to no dropoff while Brees was out.

I agree. And what is even more impressive than remaining productive with Teddy Bridgwater is that he was almost the only receiver for the Saints. He caught 149 passes and the next best was Jared Cook with only 43. He had 8  games with 10+ catches. No other WR had more than 3 games with 10 catches. There was no one else to cover and yet they could not stop him. That was truly amazing. 

this was non-fantasy, correct?

Over 8 seasons AB averaged 103 rec, 1400 yds, 10 tds per season.

his last season was 104, 1300, 15

these came with decent skill positions around him:

mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Emmanuel sanders, placid burress, leveon bell, Martavis Bryant,Eli Rodgers, juju, Vance McDonald, Jesse James, James Conner 

a year where they had few options he posted 136 rec, 1800, 10.  

year before 129, 1700, 13

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

DeAndre has an overall adp of 11.  Anyone here willing to draft him that high?

If anyone can overcome the first year adjustment period with a new QB, he's probably one of the few (although I thought the same thing about OBJ, who basically had career lows last year).  But, I probably pass as early picks are a good time to minimize risk. 

On 5/30/2020 at 7:32 AM, League_Champion said:

This is an interesting debate. Who is the best WR in the NFL (non-fantasy). I'd probably take Michael Thomas if I were starting a team but Hopkins is definitely a close second with Julio Jones & Tyreek Hill in that discussion. Your thoughts? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deandre-hopkins-says-hes-the-nfls-best-wide-receiver-expects-better-numbers-with-cardinals/

Wait, you would draft AB over Thomas?:blink:

I thought this thread was originally about non- fantasy wr talent.

for fantasy ppr, I am not there yet.  Is the question "who would I draft as my #1 wr?"  It is going to depend on my draft position and how I weigh other players in other rounds.

Who do I think will be the most productive ff wr?  I believe thomas will dip, but still lead the way.  Not sure how thielen will do without diggs.  Not sure how nuke will do in Az, sharing with Fitz. Interested to see how evens and godwin do with brady

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I thought this thread was originally about non- fantasy wr talent.

for fantasy ppr, I am not there yet.  Is the question "who would I draft as my #1 wr?"  It is going to depend on my draft position and how I weigh other players in other rounds.

Who do I think will be the most productive ff wr?  I believe thomas will dip, but still lead the way.  Not sure how thielen will do without diggs.  Not sure how nuke will do in Az, sharing with Fitz. Interested to see how evens and godwin do with brady

Fair question, since it's vacillated between fantasy and non-fantasy, but AB has missed a whole year of football and is older. He wouldn't make my top 5 in fantasy or non-fantasy. 

Fair question, since it's vacillated between fantasy and non-fantasy, but AB has missed a whole year of football and is older. He wouldn't make my top 5 in fantasy or non-fantasy. 

My original posts were about wr talent. 

When it comes to FF, for AB it would come down to situation for me. I would draft him with confidence if he was all in and with a decent qb/system. 

14 minutes ago, Shaft said:

He wouldn't make my top 5 in fantasy or non-fantasy. 

also.... would depend upon my level of risk on my first few picks.  If i am very conservative in round 1/2 maybe i grab him in 2 or 3. If i am more aggressive early, good chance I would not take him.

23 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Godwin is on his way to become a legit Superstar. Just look what he did with Winston as his QB. 

Godwin may be a stud for years to come, but it's not like he was in a bad situation last year.  Winston was tied for 1st in pass attempts.  TB had a below average D and running game. TB seemed to be in constant catch-up mode.  This is a desirable scenario for putting up stats.

Better QB's do not necessarily mean  better stats.  Marquise lee and Allen Hurns were fantasy relevant (not at Godwin's level last year) under Bortles for a season or two.  

• Like 1