[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2020 FSGA drafts

Henry Muto

The Champions and American leagues are in the books.

The National and Central are Thursday and Friday at 4 PM ET

Champions draft board - done

American draft board - done

National draft board - Thursday 4 PM ET

Central draft board - Friday 4 PM ET

You can also listen to this live on the Sirius XM twitter fantasy sports channel

I'll be in the Friday one, picking 8th because I hate picking 8th or 9th the most. And it is a 14 team league so a little tougher. Corey was in the Monday draft.

I've been noticing this in a lot of my leagues and other drafts I have looked at, but interesting how this year it seems to be swinging back to very RB dominant first two rounds.

Champions had 19 of the first 28 picks as RB (11 of 14 in the first round) with 6 of 14 owners going RB/RB to start, and American had 16 of 28 (also 11 of 14 in first round) but only 3 going RB/RB.

The last 2-3 years it seemed like more owners were embracing zero RB (or more realistically the 1-RB) and there was less RB concentration in the first couple of rounds. These drafts remind me of the early 2000s where it was insane numbers of RBs going early. Obviously scoring system (PPR was less prevalent then) and lineup requirements (fewer leagues were 3 WR and/or flex) have an affect.

Yeah, RB is still king and more so this year. WR's had a down year overall in 2019 and that impacts stuff and Christian McCaffrey shredded all opponents which kind of sticks (So did Michael Thomas, but that was a spike year).

In my draft there, I'll likely go RB in the first, but then swing out for WR or TE in the second before going back RB in the third. There is a reception point, so there is some advantage. And in a 14 team league, fewer RBs to go around.

Life is going to be rough in this league with only 6 bench spots.  Kickers come up with the virus on Sunday and your stuck with a 0 unless this league has Sunday waivers which I don't know.

I know in my high stakes leagues I will consider carrying 2 K's and a 3rd QB this year if things start going crazy in the preseason.

We get 20 rounds though (the correct amount of roster spots in my eyes) as I would never want to play in anything less.

17 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

Life is going to be rough in this league with only 6 bench spots.  Kickers come up with the virus on Sunday and your stuck with a 0 unless this league has Sunday waivers which I don't know.

I know in my high stakes leagues I will consider carrying 2 K's and a 3rd QB this year if things start going crazy in the preseason.

We get 20 rounds though (the correct amount of roster spots in my eyes) as I would never want to play in anything less.

I agree on roster size but this is also a 14 team league which is not my preference. 12 is the magic number to me and always has been.

3 hours ago, DMD said:

I agree on roster size but this is also a 14 team league which is not my preference. 12 is the magic number to me and always has been.

I like 14 teams, but that's because I also think it makes for the easiest scheduling for a 13 week regular season - play everyone once, top 6 to the playoffs for weeks 14-16

Definitely a bit tighter, so with 14 I prefer to have 1 less required RB and replace with an additional flex

What's the deal with team 5 ?  Every pick he has made except his 1st round pick is an auto pick.  Can he not understand how RTS works to draft in the room ?

The picks were all true auto picks as well they were the top guys on the site rankings.

There is where I ended up:

QB    Matthew Stafford 
QB    Baker Mayfield 
RB    Miles Sanders 
RB    Raheem Mostert
RB    Ronald Jones II
RB    Tony Pollard
RB    Carlos Hyde
RB    Jaylen Samuels
TE    George Kittle 
WR    T Y Hilton
WR    DeSean Jackson 
WR    Brandin Cooks
WR    Hunter Renfrow
WR    Preston Williams
D/ST    New Orleans Saints
K    Matt Gay

14 team league thins out the talent and it was very RB heavy to start. And only 16 man rosters. Wanted Kelce but settled for Kittle. That left me looking for WR1 in Round 4, so I went heavy on upside receivers.

My final pick was Jaylen Samuels so he's the throwaway in Week 1 free agency. 

I love Rivers as a backup. I agree - I took Mayfield in this one but I've taken Rivers in others. He has a great schedule. New team but good O-line too.

• 2 weeks later...