[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raheem Mostert gets a raise

Wolverines Fan

This blows me away. Moster did very little at Purdue in college and was an RB as a senior with 93 runs for 529 yards. He was a little-used WR before that. He played offense and defense in high school. He's never been just one thing.

He was undrafted because he did relatively nothing in college.

In 2015, he was on PHI, CLE, MIA and BAL but never played.

in 2016, he was on CHI and SF and had one carry for SF

2017, 6 carries for SF, 1 catch

2018, 24-261-1 and 13-52 catch

2019, SF gave him 137-772-8 and 14-180 catch

He's been on 6 teams and finally one gives him a chance to be part of a committee. He was a nobody before SF and likely would have continued to be so since virtually 31 other teams passed on him.

He had a great half-season of the 4 years he was in the NFL. He should try playing a full productive year and then say something. He should be thanking the 49er for being the only team that gave him a chance.

1 hour ago, DMD said:

This blows me away. Moster did very little at Purdue in college and was an RB as a senior with 93 runs for 529 yards. He was a little-used WR before that. He played offense and defense in high school. He's never been just one thing.

He was undrafted because he did relatively nothing in college.

In 2015, he was on PHI, CLE, MIA and BAL but never played.

in 2016, he was on CHI and SF and had one carry for SF

2017, 6 carries for SF, 1 catch

2018, 24-261-1 and 13-52 catch

2019, SF gave him 137-772-8 and 14-180 catch

He's been on 6 teams and finally one gives him a chance to be part of a committee. He was a nobody before SF and likely would have continued to be so since virtually 31 other teams passed on him.

He had a great half-season of the 4 years he was in the NFL. He should try playing a full productive year and then say something. He should be thanking the 49er for being the only team that gave him a chance.

I agree.  Debil's advocate:  "I produced more, and often when it counted. I should at least match my colleague."  

Personally- you need to show consistency over some time to get the contract.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Isn't that how you got the promotion? :yay:

Well, yeah.  But she know wants me several times a week.  So it really wasn't just once.

Edit -> autocorrect added a few extra words 

Edited by millworkguy
  • Confused 2

I get that the NFL isn't fully guaranteed contracts and they will dump you at the drop of a hat, but it seems like if you underperform, well tough give me my guaranteed money.  And if you overperform, even if you just signed a contract within the last year, it's I want more $$.  

Mostert has been cut from 5 teams or something, has one pretty good year individually but I think most of us agree the team success was largely because of their defense.  

I understand what he's doing, he is 28 and realizes no one will give him much of a contract when this is up so trying to get it now. 

But is this what should happen? Will contracts change because of this?  Will teams start drawing harder lines?  Like ok you sit then without pay and get fined? 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I get that the NFL isn't fully guaranteed contracts and they will dump you at the drop of a hat, but it seems like if you underperform, well tough give me my guaranteed money.  And if you overperform, even if you just signed a contract within the last year, it's I want more $$. 

Mostert has been cut from 5 teams or something, has one pretty good year individually but I think most of us agree the team success was largely because of their defense. 

I understand what he's doing, he is 28 and realizes no one will give him much of a contract when this is up so trying to get it now. 

But is this what should happen? Will contracts change because of this?  Will teams start drawing harder lines?  Like ok you sit then without pay and get fined? 

Mostert's contract was for special teams. He is wanting RB money for that team. I think if he walks it is a huge risk for him and the prospective team.  We do not know if it is just a product of the system or not... and for him, breida just left...giving him even more opportunity for touches. 

The defense was excellent last year, but shanny runs some wonderful offensive schemes. You may not recall that even in recent poor seasons the running backs all thrived when they played (most fought injuries).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Mostert's contract was for special teams. He is wanting RB money for that team. I think if he walks it is a huge risk for him and the prospective team.  We do not know if it is just a product of the system or not... and for him, breida just left...giving him even more opportunity for touches. 

The defense was excellent last year, but shanny runs some wonderful offensive schemes. You may not recall that even in recent poor seasons the running backs all thrived when they played (most fought injuries).

All good points. Definitely they did a good job on offense and I don't mean to diminish it but I felt that the defense was the driving force for that team personally.  All the running backs had a fair amount of success seemed to me, which seems to argue more for the system. It seems like we agree on that.  Anyway it will be interesting to see how far he takes it.

DMD's career recap suggests that the 49ers could bring in nearly any RB and with their scheme make them productive. 

Mostert has some leverage since 1) Breida left and 2) no one in their right mind thinks Coleman can carry the load. Is McKinnon every going to play again? 

1 hour ago, stethant said:

DMD's career recap suggests that the 49ers could bring in nearly any RB and with their scheme make them productive. 

Mostert has some leverage since 1) Breida left and 2) no one in their right mind thinks Coleman can carry the load. Is McKinnon every going to play again? 

He wouldn't have to.  The SFO offense doesn't need a bellcow.  Coleman could easily be the leader though.  

He was their best and most explosive back. He was a threat to take it to the house on many plays whereas Coleman pretty much could only get what was there on similar play calls.  $3M isn’t fair for what they will ask him to do 

if he doesn’t perform then he’s cut at year end. I don’t blame him.  And he only wants what Coleman is getting. Just pay him the extra $1.5M

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big John said:

He just signed a new contract with the 49ers.

Appears reasonable. decent base (2.6M + signing bonus), with incentives which can get him around 5M

Edited by Bier Meister

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

it's still going to be a committee.... Coleman, Mostert, Mckinnon, Wilson jr

Yup. A redraft league nightmare but best ball league heaven.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Yup. A redraft league nightmare but best ball league heaven.

Their wrs as well. I was talking about this last year.  Only consistent ff performers will be kittle and the D.  They all have talent, but it will be scheme and hot hand every week.