[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy this year

Patriots

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

:lol: What on Earth did you do to get banned from FD?   I am with you, drafting is much more fun.  And yeah I recall a site/app called Draft.    Good luck.

I can assure you, it wasn't for winning anything.

They didn't like that there were two accounts from my address: mine and my adult son's.  We both entered a few "single entry" contests in common and the following Septemebr we discovered that the two accounts were closed.  No 2nd chances over there.  There already flooded with dishonest sharks and the like and their own staff has been accused of dubious things.  In short they suck.  But go ahead and ban a kid and his dad for betting $20 bucks each week.  Idiots.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I can assure you, it wasn't for winning anything.

They didn't like that there were two accounts from my address: mine and my adult son's.  We both entered a few "single entry" contests in common and the following Septemebr we discovered that the two accounts were closed.  No 2nd chances over there.  There already flooded with dishonest sharks and the like and their own staff has been accused of dubious things.  In short they suck.  But go ahead and ban a kid and his dad for betting $20 bucks each week.  Idiots.

Yeah that industry grew way too fast and just burst, IMO.  I think I have a few bucks left in an account on one of the sites, and as of last year, would just throw a few $0.25 lineups in just to see if I got EXTREMELY lucky and hit the jackpot.  Have stayed away from anything more expensive for a couple years now.  

Anyways, enough derailment.  :lol:  

I have no idea what this season is going to look like.  

8 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yeah that industry grew way too fast and just burst, IMO.  I think I have a few bucks left in an account on one of the sites, and as of last year, would just throw a few $0.25 lineups in just to see if I got EXTREMELY lucky and hit the jackpot.  Have stayed away from anything more expensive for a couple years now.  

Anyways, enough derailment.  :lol:  

I have no idea what this season is going to look like.  

Yeah I used to play but then it got flooded with algorithms and some insider dealing so enough of that.  I'd be interested to know how they are doing after all this.. 

Edited by purplemonster

On 8/6/2020 at 9:26 AM, stevegrab said:

The leagues that could do bubbles did, the ones that could not have a tougher time. 

If you think a bubble like that used for NBA/NHL was practical for MLB or NFL I'd like to see your plans. 

Seriously its like some sports fans live in a bubble, even the morons on TV are making it sound like the NFL/MLB just didn't think hard enough to figure out how to do the bubble. 

I heard on the radio yesterday that this was initially MLB's idea. They decided against using a bubble and they are basically screwed right now. While the bubble leagues are doing great.

Maybe the NFL should be played in Canada this year. Where the leaders have the COVID-19 under control right now. Of course Canada would need to agree to this, which is the deal breaker.

Just now, MikesVikes said:

I heard on the radio yesterday that this was initially MLB's idea. They decided against using a bubble and they are basically screwed right now. While the bubble leagues are doing great.

Maybe the NFL should be played in Canada this year. Where the leaders have the COVID-19 under control right now. Of course Canada would need to agree to this, which is the deal breaker.

If they Quarinteend for a few weeks 1st,  we would love to have more going on up here. As if today, 13 states have more cases than our entire country (of 38 million). 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:22 PM, Shaft said:

Four teams (Giants, Jets, Eagles, and Raiders) have already announced they will be playing without fans. I'm struggling to see how this season will happen.

As a new season ticket holder I was sad to receive an official email from LV Raiders.

I was really hyped watching all the video clips of the new stadium.  Hopefully next year things will be good to go.  I did not know other team opted for no fans.

feature image

Dear Anthony,

There is nothing more important to the Raider Organization than the health and safety of our players, coaches, staff, stadium workers, and fans. After intensive consultation with healthcare officials and state and community leaders, We Have Made The Difficult Decision To Play The Las Vegas Raiders 2020 Inaugural Season At Allegiant Stadium Without Fans In Attendance. This decision is based on our commitment to protect the health of our fans and the entire community in response to the coronavirus pandemic affecting us all.

This decision also ensures fairness to you, our PSL holders, given the challenges and potential inequities associated with determining who can and cannot attend specific games if the stadium were to operate at a reduced capacity. While the current situation is not how any of us envisioned celebrating the opening of Allegiant Stadium, when circumstances permit we look forward to sharing an unparalleled GameDay Experience in the Magnificent Stadium you helped to build.

Despite not being able to attend the games in person, you will still receive your collectible 2020 Las Vegas Raiders Inaugural Season Ticket Package as well as other exclusive items throughout the season.

If you wish to receive a Full Refund of your 2020 Season Ticket Payments, or if you have any questions, please contact our Premium Service Team by emailing allegiantstadiumservice@raiders.com. Alternatively, if you wish to apply your 2020 Season Ticket Payments to the 2021 season, no further action is required.

The Greatness Of The Raiders Is In Our Future.

Thank you for your loyal support.

Mark Davis

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2020 at 10:26 AM, stevegrab said:

The leagues that could do bubbles did, the ones that could not have a tougher time. 

If you think a bubble like that used for NBA/NHL was practical for MLB or NFL I'd like to see your plans. 

Seriously its like some sports fans live in a bubble, even the morons on TV are making it sound like the NFL/MLB just didn't think hard enough to figure out how to do the bubble. 

The Saints are trying a sequester - not a complete bubble but not a free-for-all either. The more teams operate like this, with large parts of their organization in buildings and living arrangements with restricted access, points of entry/egress, etc the more likely they'll pull this off. 

I can assure you, the NFL didn't think hard enough about this. In their defense however, the task they are facing is almost undoable.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:17 PM, MikesVikes said:

I like this idea. Like, the NFL loves courting the international market. Why not take the NFL to Canada and a handful of other countries that have their outbreaks under control for one season? If they aren’t playing in front of fans anyways, then why not.

Edited by Trojanmojo

10 minutes ago, darin3 said:

You guys, the Canadian government turned down the Blue Jays from playing there.  You think they're going to let the entire NFL league in?  :lol:   That's freakin' nuts.

As long as you dont leave, it should be okay. The Jay's were allowed to play, the government didn't want different teams flying in twice a week from the states

31 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

As long as you dont leave, it should be okay. The Jay's were allowed to play, the government didn't want different teams flying in twice a week from the states

Understood - there's no way the entire NFL stays in Canada for the season.

22 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Understood - there's no way the entire NFL stays in Canada for the season.

Why not?  Come on guys , bring the wife,  mistresses and kids (or 1 of the 3) Let's get a full season in.  Only 2 states in the continental United States have an infection rate (per million) lower then our entire country,  and most provinces on the east coast have gone a month with 10 cases or fewer.

2 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Why not?  Come on guys , bring the wife,  mistresses and kids (or 1 of the 3) Let's get a full season in.  Only 2 states in the continental United States have an infection rate (per million) lower then our entire country,  and most provinces on the east coast have gone a month with 10 cases or fewer.

The mistresses get a lot of action going back and forth - that alone could seed most of Canada with the covid.

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2020 at 2:26 PM, darin3 said:

Everyone keeps pointing to TV revenue being the major factor here, not butts in seats... although that's gotta be a big part of it too.

I'm trying to remain optimistic.  If I don't have sports on TV during the fall/winter I'm going to go crazy.  I am so glad we have baseball (for now) and basketball on right now.  Definitely provides some escape.

I believe that total revenue from sources related to fans attending the game for NFL is something like $3B out of the total $14B, it is significant but not enough to cripple the sport. The TV revenue is huge there is no denying that. That is why when people say "stick it to the team, don't show up, they'll lose money and have to change", I always point out they can generally survive on TV revenue. 

I'll be bummed if NFL doesn't happen, but have been preparing myself for it. Our fantasy league, well that's a different story and won't rehash that again (short version co-commish who formed the league has no real concerns about the NFL season being played out). 

I don't see the NFL moving to any kind of league wide bubble. Canada could be feasible, because they have time zones that align with the major TV audience in the US. Moving games to some other continent with different time zones would mean having games played at odd times just so they fit a decent time zone slot in the US.

The plan by some teams to institute some kind of local bubble for the entire team and staff does make some sense, but is also not that easy to do. Let alone you need all these players to agree to leave their homes and families, for 4-5 months or more. 

18 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I don't see the NFL moving to any kind of league wide bubble. Canada could be feasible, because they have time zones that align with the major TV audience in the US. Moving games to some other continent with different time zones would mean having games played at odd times just so they fit a decent time zone slot in the US.

The plan by some teams to institute some kind of local bubble for the entire team and staff does make some sense, but is also not that easy to do. Let alone you need all these players to agree to leave their homes and families, for 4-5 months or more. 

Agree, I'm sure it could be done but it would be a huge undertaking. I'm not sure the players would go along with it anyhow. September 10th is right around the corner and they don't have a plan in place, not good.

After taking a poll of the 10 regulars that have been a part of this league as long as I have (18 years), 1 has 'retired' from Fantasy Football for good due to all the political BS - he vowed that he's done with the NFL in general until it's back to where it was 15 years ago.  We all said goodbye and wished him well as this will never happen.  

I bowed out along with my brother in-law who has played for the past 10 years or so.  After the two of us bowed out, I had another former co-worker I got into this league to bow out for the season - so now the commish is looking for 3 people.  After 3 of us left, another old co-worker of mine that I got into this league also decided to step away for at least a year.  So now there's 4 openings.  Two of the commissioners buddies are on the fence, and both said they're fine with just shutting this league down for the season and revisiting again next year to see how it all plays out.  

That said, this morning the commissioner sent out the email stating that after everyone bailed on him, he's decided to shut down both of his long running fantasy leagues indefinitely - I think part of him is butthurt that more than half the league bailed in his redraft league.  He also runs a franchise league to where each player 'owns' two players, and the rest of the unowned players are all part of a shared pool to where anyone/everyone can start anyone in that shared pool.  It's a fun league but more challenging as it's still tracked on paper/email as no site can support this.  But - he's pulled the plug on that one as well as 8/10 of the same managers are in both leagues.  

I felt kinda crappy by leading the way by stepping away this year, but not so much when more than half the league followed suit.  I've been saying for a few years that I wanted to take a season off from Fantasy and see if I can re-fall in love with the sport that I once loved.  Fantasy has made me a bigger fan, but has ruined my love for the game in general.  I am hoping to just be a Colts fan and not get pissed off when Marlon Mack vultures TDs away from Jonathan Taylor, or Michael Pittman steals all the redzone looks away from TY Hilton.  

I'll most likely still remain somewhat involved in these forums throughout the season - if there is actually a full season - and what I will miss the most, no joke - is @DMD Mr. Doreys write ups and fantasy analysis to get me excited about the waiver wire, free agent pickups, upcoming games, etc.  

Hopefully the stars align in my favor and I take the crown again in this best ball league and win a free ride next season - it will certainly play a role in me getting back into the grind of fantasy.  

I get the mass exodus from many a ffb veteran, I do. But that is not for me. Football is football and all the menutia rolls right off me. I am more excited this year than most...because of all the uncertainty. Seems like one better be on top of their game more so than ever!! I hope they play all the games, and I will be there watching my heehawks every game they do play. With the way the world is right now, I am looking forward, more than ever, to sit back with my laptop, watch Redzone and be entertained.

Edited by heehawks
  • Like 3