[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC RB - CEH (Clyde Edwards Helaire) thoughts?

XFlash

2 hours ago, zips5000 said:

Will he be good, probably.  Would I take him in the first round currently, no way.

He's too big of a question mark in my mind currently.  You can't really win your league with your Round 1 pick, but you can certainly lose it...

Agree.  I would if I was last pick in the first and every single pick ahead of me went RB.  mid to late 2nd round depending on how WRs and TEs go.

I see is some leagues that he is going in the first probably based on it Andy Reid's offense.  If you can't pick up blitz you are not a 3 down back.

7 minutes ago, XFlash said:

Agree.  I would if I was last pick in the first and every single pick ahead of me went RB.  mid to late 2nd round depending on how WRs and TEs go.

I see is some leagues that he is going in the first probably based on it Andy Reid's offense.  If you can't pick up blitz you are not a 3 down back.

Even if he can pick up the blitz, he's not a 3 down back - the Chiefs rotate a bunch of guys in and out. They picked up DeAndre Washington and still have a couple other backs who got decent carries last season.  

My uneducated guess is he ends up with a 2/3 to 1/3 workload at best, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is significantly less than that (particularly at the beginning of the season).

Just playing devils advocate here. Matt Forte’s rookie year was the year Brian Westbrook was 63% of his offense. Matt Forte was second for percentage of total offensive plays. I bring this up because whether it was LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, or this years Clyde... Andy Reid has not been afraid of utilizing his running back in a major way. Not to say that this is always the case. See Darwin Thompson of last year. Just saying there is that potential. He is also loyal to his stud running back. One year Westbrook was injured for the first nine weeks. Week 10 he exploded for four touchdowns. I played against him that week. It was terrible. Lol! Gotta love fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...