[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite rookie WR?

indyrckstar

This year, thinking about grabbing 1-2 rookie WRs in later round drafts. Perhaps reach a round or two earlier than projected. Trying to determine which one will bring the most value.  (non-keeper league)

If you had make a list of top 3 Rookie WRs, what would be your pecking order?  

Right now, I like Jefferson and Jeudy as they seem to be starters with high upside.   It's a coin toss for myself on who to pick at #1 overall from those 2 (as of today).   

LVR WR Ruggs and DAL WR CeeDee Lamb.

Not just because I am a Homer.

Ruggs is looking like the 1st read now over Ty Williams.  Better O-line protect and other weapons around so lessens chances of double team.

Lamb is not the #1 read, but excellent O-lilne and easier schedule against pass.  Excellent weapons around him to free him up for single coverage.  I think he will be better in the 2nd half of season.

Your list I like Jefferson over Jeudy.  Veteran QB and excellent WR1 to draw single coverage.

I have a zero rookie WR policy in redraft unless it's best ball.  Far too inconsistent to trust them in a lineup but those breakout days will prevent you from dropping them for someone useful like a punter.  Lamb is far and away my choice if I were somehow required to roster one.

• Like 1

I like CeeDee too.  Just concern with mouth to feed there.  Cooper, Gallop and now Lamb seems like it's going to take away from each other.  

Agreed with Raegor, Pittman and Ruggs.  Not sure what to think of Aiyuk yet although he is going to get opportunity with their injuries.  

10 hours ago, flemingd said:

I have a zero rookie WR policy in redraft unless it's best ball.  Far too inconsistent to trust them in a lineup but those breakout days will prevent you from dropping them for someone useful like a punter.  Lamb is far and away my choice if I were somehow required to roster one.

Same here.

If i had to draft one or two rookie wrs, I like Ruggs and Aiyuk.

This is a really good question and I am not convinced if you took the top 7 WR drafted and put a dart board up you'd do any worse randomly throwing darts.  All of them have some interesting situations and really difficult to tell who will get targets.  That said, I guess I'd take Ruggs 1st.  Raiders drafted him as the first WR off the board and Carr likes to throw short anyway so I expect they will utilize him hard out of the gate.  After that who knows, I guess I'd take Reagor and Pittman, again mainly because of the opportunity not because they are the best receivers.  Lamb and Jeudy are great but Lamb is starting out as the 3rd option and Jeudy with a 2nd yr QB who may be so-so and a very good WR1 already.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up drafting Jefferson last weekend.  Seems like he is not a starter with initial depth chart released.  Oh well...

I drafted 3 rookies this year with CEH, Jonathan Taylor and Justin Jefferson.  That seems to be about my average per year with drafting.  Roughly 2-3 per draft.