[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I being petty?

loaf

So we had our draft on Monday evening. We had 16 rounds and finished up and left. Turned in my sheet and thought that was it. 

Commish sends an email the next day the league only had 15 roster spots and the last round was not being counted. I was bummed as my last pick was Chase Edmonds, who I talked up quite a bit after the draft to the dude sitting at my table. Who's a waiver wire fiend.

I looked at the Waiver Wire settings and saw it was randomized and instead of having the 4th pick, I had the 11th. Fiend picked before me. And you guessed, snagged Chase Edmonds. Not even sure how Yahoo does their wire as it shows him having two picks before my 1 but that's neither here nor there.

So should I pitch a biatch or just let it go? I did end up getting Joshua Kelley instead of Edmonds but it still burns me up that he was so apathetic about it all. Like he doesn't care, why should we? It just reeks of laziness. I've been in the league for 5 years now, I think it's 6 years old. Mostly the same group

28 minutes ago, loaf said:

So we had our draft on Monday evening. We had 16 rounds and finished up and left. Turned in my sheet and thought that was it. 

Commish sends an email the next day the league only had 15 roster spots and the last round was not being counted. I was bummed as my last pick was Chase Edmonds, who I talked up quite a bit after the draft to the dude sitting at my table. Who's a waiver wire fiend.

I looked at the Waiver Wire settings and saw it was randomized and instead of having the 4th pick, I had the 11th. Fiend picked before me. And you guessed, snagged Chase Edmonds. Not even sure how Yahoo does their wire as it shows him having two picks before my 1 but that's neither here nor there.

So should I pitch a biatch or just let it go? I did end up getting Joshua Kelley instead of Edmonds but it still burns me up that he was so apathetic about it all. Like he doesn't care, why should we? It just reeks of laziness. I've been in the league for 5 years now, I think it's 6 years old. Mostly the same group

Yeah, I'd be pissed.

The fair way to handle this is to just give everyone their 16th round pick as a waiver option, BUT they would have to drop one of their other guys. (presuming you are only going with 15 man rosters)

Only way to make this right.

• Thanks 1

It's a bush league move by the other owner.

In my main league (coming up on 20yrs), we'd probably have given the teams a chance to decide who to drop, on account of the 16th round error. The original drafters should get first crack at their 16th round selections.

I would biatch. Given that I think Chase Edmonds is going to ball this year, the chafing on your ass that this causes isn't going to get better as the season goes on...

• Like 1

Not sure why it went from 16 to 15.   Before the draft, did everyone know how many rounds it was supposed to be?  Whatever it should have been, it should be sticked to that number. 

Then the waiver wire should initially start with who has had the last pick gets first pick and of course in order with the rest of the league.

If it was drafted for 16, the commish should have adjusted the roster limit and move on.  

Edited by indyrckstar

I’ve run a league for a lot of years now. It’s not hard to add the extra roster spot so everyone can have that 16th round pick. Pure laziness on the commish’s part. Not sure I’d call it worthy of quitting but I would definitely let my thoughts be known

Honestly, doesn't make sense to me. Was the commissioner even at the draft?  If so how does he let it go 16 rounds.   But since it did then the league should play with 16 player rosters this year.  If it was me, I'd bail on this one next year. The guy running the league just doesn't seem to care.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoJoTheWebToedBoy said:

Honestly, doesn't make sense to me. Was the commissioner even at the draft?  If so how does he let it go 16 rounds.   But since it did then the league should play with 16 player rosters this year.  If it was me, I'd bail on this one next year. The guy running the league just doesn't seem to care.

that's exactly what I did...I titled it something like

16th round and why I'm not returning next year

The roster spots have always been an issue with him. I think he's just an idiot. One year we had more roster spots than we drafted so as soon as waivers opened, Poacheemon was right on top of things...

15 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

Your commish sucks. You have a right to be pissed. 

THIS sounds like the commish doesn't know how to run a league and just makes random decisions. If he set up the league with too few spot, simply add one. If it was always 15 and he allowed teams to draft 16 rounds another owner should have noticed and spoken up. Sometimes that last pick is more important than the one before, maybe it was your backup kicker of defense, now you only have one and need to waste a RM on one later. 

Just doing stuff and not considering how it impacts the league is the sign of a horrible commissioner. The other owner capitalizing is just playing the game, some think its fine, others think its bush league. That is why its best to be cautious about how you share info with in your league.