[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara's holdout

8rattoon

3 hours ago, Red Storm said:

With Kamara on the decline and having been injured, maybe the Saints roll with Tae, given he was able to produce last year (#BuiltbyUCF)

Perhaps its time to look beyond Brees and Kamara.

On the decline? This is a joke,  right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Red Storm said:

When I meant decline, it is more like  he is trending downwards. Injury prone, attempts, yards and tds down last year from previous. 

Now with contract looming, he might not be worth the money versus drafting a young stud or sticking with Murray for 1-2 years. 

He injured his knee in the Jacksonville game and was playing at about 75% for the rest of the season. One injury that he's not allowed to fully heal from before strapping the cleats back on the next week isn't exactly injury prone. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finn5033 said:

Yea I think I’d be knocking Cook and Kamara down my draft list. I didn’t have to worry about it at either of my drafts last weekend but If I had picks in the 3-5 range I think I’d feel more comfortable with Henry or even taking CEH

Yeah, unfortunately I already kept him for an 8th rd pick. Not like drafting him in the first, but i could have kept Boyd for a 13th instead...

6 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

Yeah, unfortunately I already kept him for an 8th rd pick. Not like drafting him in the first, but i could have kept Boyd for a 13th instead...

Oh I’d be totally fine with that. Just would want a safer pick for that high 1st rounder. I got Burned by Bell the year he sat out so I’m gun shy on stuff like this. I don’t expect Kamara or Cook to sit out the season I’d just be concerned about them milking injuries over concern for their health and lack of contract security

19 minutes ago, MarkG058 said:

Anyone feeling much less confident after today’s report that Saints are open to trading Kamara? This is ugly.

That was a surprise to me. I didn't know things between him and the Saints were so bad.

19 minutes ago, MarkG058 said:

Anyone feeling much less confident after today’s report that Saints are open to trading Kamara? This is ugly.

It's not a report, it's speculation. Saints FO is notoriously quiet on contract talks. I'm guessing a new deal gets done really soon or he simply returns to camp and all this talk dies out.

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

It's not a report, it's speculation. Saints FO is notoriously quiet on contract talks. I'm guessing a new deal gets done really soon or he simply returns to camp and all this talk dies out.

I really hope you're right, and you definitely know more about the Saints than I do, but it's definitely not looking good. Nothing positive about publicly claiming that you're open to trading a player.

Supposed to be back at practice tomorrow. Supposedly he had an epidural in his back that had him off the practice field for a few days.

As for contact negotiations,  supposedly they are close to agreeing on an extension. About 2 million apart. 

• Like 2

If they are only two million apart there is no way this will not get done.  Brees would give up two million from his contract just to get it done.  He will be signed - I am guessing slightly more than Joe Mixon but not reaching $15 million.  I'd say 4 years and $54 million 

23 hours ago, rajncajn said:

One of these days people will learn that about 95% of the reports about what is going on in sports is speculation, not a fact or even "something we're hearing from our sources". 

When there's a Saints story I can pretty much just come here and look for your posts to get the straight poop.