Sign in to follow this  
Shaft

Adrian Peterson signs with Lions

I am not sure I totally understand it since they have a lot of running backs already. I suppose they felt it was cheap enough it didn't really matter. 1-year $1M is pretty cheap. Maybe they want to bring him in for some short-yardage stuff I don't know. I'm not sure this totally changes Swift's value if he's truly better than what they have anyway.  Swift was injured early and Kerryon is always injured so maybe just insurance. 

Edited by purplemonster

AP can also mentor both DET RBs.  

Solid depth for sure.

12 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I am not sure I totally understand it since they have a lot of running backs already. I suppose they felt it was cheap enough it didn't really matter. 1-year $1M is pretty cheap. Maybe they want to bring him in for some short-yardage stuff I don't know. I'm not sure this totally changes Swift's value if he's truly better than what they have anyway.  Swift was injured early and Kerryon is always injured so maybe just insurance. 

I think Bo Scarbrough is hurt too.

11 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

I think Bo Scarbrough is hurt too.

Scarbrough to IR today. He was their banger.  Maybe bringing in AP for short yardage stuff and mentor and depth like stated above. It may impact Swift meaningfully but presuming he can get healthy I was counting on him being their best back.

On 9/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, League_Champion said:

Exactly, there goes Swift's value. 

:lol: No.  Swift was, at minimum, going to be the pass-catching back.  If anything this kills Kerryon's value.

Actually, though, I think this means a whole lot of nothing.  AP is old.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, darin3 said:

:lol: No.  Swift was, at minimum, going to be the pass-catching back.  If anything this kills Kerryon's value.

Actually, though, I think this means a whole lot of nothing.  AP is old.

I don't see any value in Detroit's backfield at all. Have you seen anything from Matt Patricia's beautiful offensive mind that makes you say "wow"? I don't 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I don't see any value in Detroit's backfield at all. Have you seen anything from Matt Patricia's beautiful offensive mind that makes you say "wow"? I don't 

You might be right. If I was a betting man I'd say Patricia's chances of getting through the next season without getting fired is 50-50 at best

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

In PPR leagues I am all over Swift as a flex or backup.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

In PPR leagues I am all over Swift as a flex or backup.

I love Swift, I'm just not sure about the system. If Matt Patricia wakes up he'll be fine. 

swift is dinged , no ? just a cheap insurance move to get adp. He can still perform 

On 9/8/2020 at 11:36 AM, whomper said:

swift is dinged , no ? just a cheap insurance move to get adp. He can still perform 

From what I've read, Swift should be good to go.  I wouldn't start ANY Lion RB right now.  But eventually Swift is going to be a solid flex in PPR. JMHO.

I’m also on board with saying Swift will be a solid fantasy play this year despite the AP signing/Kerryon being there.