LordOpie

how are you watching NFL?

I don't want to pay for cable TV. I was thinking of trying YouTubeTV as it has the NFL Network.

How do y'all watch?

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I don't want to pay for cable TV. I was thinking of trying YouTubeTV as it has the NFL Network.

How do y'all watch?

Try FUBO TV. I had YouTube TV but they had nothing. FUBO has NFL Network, Red Zone, ESPN, and others plus local channels. You also get MLB Network, Strike Zone, NBA Channel, NHL Network, etc. 

• Thanks 1

jailbroke a firestick and now I got it all

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Try FUBO TV. I had YouTube TV but they had nothing. FUBO has NFL Network, Red Zone, ESPN, and others plus local channels. You also get MLB Network, Strike Zone, NBA Channel, NHL Network, etc. 

youtube tv does have an option to add nfl network and redzone for $10 more a month. But they just raised their monthly price to $65 a month or two ago so now you’d be in at $75 a month. I just canceled it. I haven’t had Sunday ticket or redzone for a couple years now. I just watch all of the network games.

ps4 has a sunday ticket option

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

How do y'all watch?

YouTube TV is the best way to go. I just recently cut the cable and compared Hulu, YouTube, Apple, Sling and others and YouTube was the best offer. They have regular cable, ESPN and just added NFL Network.  Best bang for the buck. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

ps4 has a sunday ticket option

I'm not sure my son will let me use his ps4

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, irish said:

YouTube TV is the best way to go. I just recently cut the cable and compared Hulu, YouTube, Apple, Sling and others and YouTube was the best offer. They have regular cable, ESPN and just added NFL Network.  Best bang for the buck. 

Thanks!

For some reason over-the-air signals have gone to trash over the past year. 

I'm hoping YouTube tv is good enough that i can cancel Hulu and Netflix

37 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Thanks!

For some reason over-the-air signals have gone to trash over the past year. 

I'm hoping YouTube tv is good enough that i can cancel Hulu and Netflix

Yup. 

It is, i still pay for netflix, Hulu and Disney+.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, irish said:

Yup. 

We're getting Disney+ for Mandalorian. Too many services

7 minutes ago, irish said:

Yup. 

Same, plus Amazon Prime. 

I never considered YouTube TV. I'll look into it.

4 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Same, plus Amazon Prime. 

I never considered YouTube TV. I'll look into it.

Right, i have prime too. 

you download software on to it so that you can watch pretty much whatever you want. It's basically theft but I look at it as I'm a TV vigilante and taking back what was mine to begin with

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, loaf said:

you download software on to it so that you can watch pretty much whatever you want. It's basically theft but I look at it as I'm a TV vigilante and taking back what was mine to begin with

I like the cut of your jib

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

What it's jail break?

It's really easy to set up from watching any of youtubes videos. Just search jailbreak firestick or something similar to that.  I subscribe to two guys that dumbs it down on how to set up many of those apps or Kodi....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-k3qiN7j63HpKjEYoa6zMQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuCdWePCT7nwjgeBm22tq6g

Need a VPN and basically follow the instructions from the video and pretty much access to everything.

editing....

I might as well provide a couple of websites that are quite handy...

For live TV, try the link below....

https://ustvgo.tv/

For TV Series/Movies, try the link below...

https://cineb.net/

Edited by indyrckstar
  • Thanks 1

With that said, I will probably just call up DirecTV and negotiate for free NFL Ticket.  Only because I can....

AT&T U-Verse, still not ready to cut the cord, not sure I ever will. Need to learn more about it and find something that suits my needs. I like the simplicity of current TV and using the DVR. Most of the streaming services add in various complexities, some of which are gone with a smart TV and/or XBox. But in the end I wonder "what packages do I need to replace what I have and use now, and how do those compare to my current TV costs."  Seems many people end up with 2-3 or more streaming services, and I wonder if that is really cheaper than traditional pay TV. I am miffed that I lost NFLN and it won't be coming back (not just a pricing dispute, AT&T just quit negotiating) which means missing a few NFL games a year, I can watch on my phone and cast that to my TV, but its not the same. 

I've never had a need or desire to pay for Sunday Ticket, I'm a fan of the team in my local market, I get all their games, plus many more each Sunday and the primetime games. There are rarely games that I'd want to watch which I don't already get. And I already watch about 6 games (out of max 16, less in bye weeks) that are broadcast every week, I wouldn't have time to watch much more. 

28 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

AT&T U-Verse, still not ready to cut the cord, not sure I ever will. Need to learn more about it and find something that suits my needs. I like the simplicity of current TV and using the DVR. Most of the streaming services add in various complexities, some of which are gone with a smart TV and/or XBox. But in the end I wonder "what packages do I need to replace what I have and use now, and how do those compare to my current TV costs."  Seems many people end up with 2-3 or more streaming services, and I wonder if that is really cheaper than traditional pay TV. I am miffed that I lost NFLN and it won't be coming back (not just a pricing dispute, AT&T just quit negotiating) which means missing a few NFL games a year, I can watch on my phone and cast that to my TV, but its not the same. 

I've never had a need or desire to pay for Sunday Ticket, I'm a fan of the team in my local market, I get all their games, plus many more each Sunday and the primetime games. There are rarely games that I'd want to watch which I don't already get. And I already watch about 6 games (out of max 16, less in bye weeks) that are broadcast every week, I wouldn't have time to watch much more. 

I save about $80 a month streaming vs cable.  All I have is HULU Live, which gets me everything I need plus my local channels. The only thing it doesn't have is NFL Network, but I can live without that. 

All you need is your phone and a Google Chromecast plugged into your HDMI port on your TV. And streaming from a phone to a television IS the same as cable but a heck of a lot cheaper.

3 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

I save about $80 a month streaming vs cable.  All I have is HULU Live, which gets me everything I need plus my local channels. The only thing it doesn't have is NFL Network, but I can live without that. 

All you need is your phone and a Google Chromecast plugged into your HDMI port on your TV. And streaming from a phone to a television IS the same as cable but a heck of a lot cheaper.

Thanks for the info. I only pay about $100/month for TV, so I doubt my savings would be that much.  Ok double checked, TV portion of bill is almost $130, so if Hulu live is about $50 then I could save that much. 

As for casting to the TV, I got a new Samsung smart TV last Christmas, and have an older Samsung smart phone (low end Galaxy J3 Emerge) and can already "cast" anything I'm doing from my phone to my TV, so don't think I'd need a Google Chomecast to do that. I guess my simplicity is "doing things the same way I'm used to, mostly record stuff and select what to watch from DVR or old school channel surfing".  I admit I don't have much experience with any of these streaming services but have dome some limited streaming from YouTube and other places (using my XBox before, and now the browser in smart TV) and have been impressed with the quality. (I watched some NFLN games this way last year.) What I am trying to avoid is 

- having to pay for 2-3 streaming services to get the channels I want

- having to deal with technology glitches when I want to watch something

I guess I'm getting old and really hate change, and recalling some video gaming using computers a couple decades ago where we spent lots of time trying to get things working (even more recently with XBox and online gaming I had those issues). I spend 9-10 hours a day dealing with computers and technology for work, when its time for entertainment I want to get away from that stuff.  

I have been with Directv for about 25 years. The dance this year has been the most frustrating I have ever experienced.  I called sunday and got the deal I wanted.  Monday I received an email with a statement that showed an increase to $231/month.  I call Tuesday and they have no record of my conversation on sunday.  I cancelled.  While I am waiting for the typical winback email or phone call, I set up a month's trial of Youtube tv. It will be about $70/month after the promo. It has NFL network and redzone.  As I am getting to know it and navigate better, I am really liking it.  There are a few things I prefer with Directv, but can see myself moving on from the annual hastle.  I can purchase ST via PS4 (which will be the first time in a very long time), but I feel like it is justifiable due to significantly lower monthly cost.

I also have Netflix and Amazon Prime (but that was a constant anyway).

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

I have been with Directv for about 25 years. The dance this year has been the most frustrating I have ever experienced.  I called sunday and got the deal I wanted.  Monday I received an email with a statement that showed an increase to $231/month.  I call Tuesday and they have no record of my conversation on sunday.  I cancelled.  While I am waiting for the typical winback email or phone call, I set up a month's trial of Youtube tv. It will be about $70/month after the promo. It has NFL network and redzone.  As I am getting to know it and navigate better, I am really liking it.  There are a few things I prefer with Directv, but can see myself moving on from the annual hastle.  I can purchase ST via PS4 (which will be the first time in a very long time), but I feel like it is justifiable due to significantly lower monthly cost.

I also have Netflix and Amazon Prime (but that was a constant anyway).

I gave up, I canceled my DirectTV. The channels suck, the dish is stupid, it's too expensive and the it's the worst customer service ever. I went With FUBO TV Premium and it's awesome. 

• Thanks 1

What app does anyone use on the fire stick? I can’t seem to find a good one for sports.