Sign in to follow this  
purplemonster

Blank apparently not happy with Quinn

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/atlanta-falcons-owner-arthur-blank-calls-out-team-dan-quinn-onside-kick-fail-dallas-cowboys-004511624.html

When your owner doesn't buy your coach's response and says he won't be making rash decisions, that doesn't seem to indicate enthusiasm.  I can imagine this brought back a lot of bad memories from the Super Bowl. 

That offense though is fantasy gold. 

...dribbled an onside kick past five different Falcons players — all of whom just watched the ball go by... ~ Ryan Young, Yahoo Sports

That's fairly poetic...

When not choking up Superbowls Atlanta has been underachieving for years. What took them so long to realize that the coaching staff sucks? 

Dan Quinn was a very promising coach and took them to a Super Bowl. What's happened during that game and since suggests it's time for some changes. 

At a minimum, some coach needs to own up for that play. NFL players have a similar mentality: they'll do exactly what you tell them. No way all three of those guys did the exact same thing unless someone told them to do that. 

Seems to me they’ve been quite the underachievers since Kyle Shannahan left. Coincidence?

• Like 1

Yawn, I read a similar story and Blank said lots of stuff, none of it very clear or an indictment of the current coach. I've read several accounts saying that the lead guys on the line are expecting to block and  preparing for that. Once the ball was clearly not going very far they seemed to think it would not travel 10 yards or go out of bounds. No coach in their right mind would tell them "don't touch the ball until it goes more than 10 yards".

If Blank wants to fire Quinn over this he is foolish, but then there are plenty of fools running NFL teams what's one more. 

• Confused 2