[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 5 Waiver Wire

Shaft

Just now, League_Champion said:

Keep an eye on Duke Johnson. I think he'll play a much larger roll now that dingbat is gone. I think he's worth a roster spot in PPR 

The DJs are so similar, but I think he's worth watching.

23 minutes ago, Shaft said:

The DJs are so similar, but I think he's worth watching.

I feel like O'brien was forcing DJ down everyone's throat because of the horrible trade he made in getting rid of Hopkins. He was almost trying to justify it. I could see Duke catching more balls and becoming a big part of the new Texans offense. Maybe I'm wrong. 

10 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

What do you guys think of D'Ernest Johnson now that Nick Chubb is out?

I like him. The Browns average 200 rushing yards a game. They can carry 3 backs. I think he has more value in standard leagues.

• Like 1

I got him (D'Ernest) as my 1st waiver wire pick.  I'm still trying to recover from Saquon going down.  

Didn't watch that much football this weekend so initially I was putting Joshua Kelley in drop status until I just saw Ekeler getting hurt.  Going to hang on to him now. Hopefully, he can produce bigger numbers.

Edited by indyrckstar

16 hours ago, Shaft said:

I like him. The Browns average 200 rushing yards a game. They can carry 3 backs. I think he has more value in standard leagues.

I had grabbed him in a deep dynasty league early last year.  It looked like he was going to have some PPR value, then Hunt showed up.

I like him a lot, actually.  Good short-term value.

Changing some of my wire bids due to risk of no Tennessee-Buffalo game in week 5.

It is a horror show trying to accommodate for that contingency.  I have to carry 2 defense unless I dump Bills, which I won't do.  Don't even talk about the leagues where I have henry.  

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Changing some of my wire bids due to risk of no Tennessee-Buffalo game in week 5.

It is a horror show trying to accommodate for that contingency.  I have to carry 2 defense unless I dump Bills, which I won't do.  Don't even talk about the leagues where I have henry.  

I can't remember such a pitiful waiver wire. It's an absolute trainwreck. 

I grabbed D'Ernest Johnson off waivers today, surprised I got him as I was 9th of 12 on waiver order, Gus Edwards and Chase Edmonds were the only RB that went in front of me (along with a WR and TE). I am going to need him for week 6 when my two starting RBs (keepers from last year) have a bye (along with my QB Wilson). I kind of expect to lose that week, but it was nice to have another RB option to go with Malcolm Brown and Kerryon Johnson

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I grabbed D'Ernest Johnson off waivers today, surprised I got him as I was 9th of 12 on waiver order, Gus Edwards and Chase Edmonds were the only RB that went in front of me (along with a WR and TE). I am going to need him for week 6 when my two starting RBs (keepers from last year) have a bye (along with my QB Wilson). I kind of expect to lose that week, but it was nice to have another RB option to go with Malcolm Brown and Kerryon Johnson

That's a nice pickup. He's been hot on all my waiver wires. 

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That's a nice pickup. He's been hot on all my waiver wires. 

It helps that one of our league's WW vultures was last on the waiver wire. Just seemed odd, many of our owners are Browns fans, surely they know what this means, at least for the next few weeks. Honestly once week 6 is over, barring injuries I'm riding Josh Jacobs and Chris Carson to the final week of the season (hopefully into our championship game with help from Russell Wilson and Davante Adams). 

Just now, stevegrab said:

It helps that one of our league's WW vultures was last on the waiver wire. Just seemed odd, many of our owners are Browns fans, surely they know what this means, at least for the next few weeks. Honestly once week 6 is over, barring injuries I'm riding Josh Jacobs and Chris Carson to the final week of the season (hopefully into our championship game with help from Russell Wilson and Davante Adams). 

You have a great shot with that lineup. Good luck! 

On 10/8/2020 at 11:17 AM, Shaft said:

Ke'shawn Vaughn is worth stashing.

Curious if that still stands after his lack of use last night, his injury and fumble that cost the Bucs dearly.

Not being a smart ass, really just curious if this guy has future value. 

10 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Curious if that still stands after his lack of use last night, his injury and fumble that cost the Bucs dearly.

Not being a smart ass, really just curious if this guy has future value. 

You're talking to a scorned owner. :lol: He  had an opportunity and messed up. He might get buried on their bench. I was hoping he would be the James White RB that Brady loves so much. Now, I'm not sure.