Montana is da Man

Melvin Gordon III charged with DUI on Tuesday

Just as I was contemplating cutting Lindsay. 

• Haha 1

watch Bell land in Denver.  No way they go with Lindsay/Freeman for any number of games.

nothing is B&W, so I looked up what happened. I didn't find his blood alcohol level, but how and where he was driving is very concerning...

"' Court documents show that Gordon was speeding between 25 mph and 39 mph over the limit at 5th Avenue and Speer Boulevard. "

5th and speer is not a straight road. It's not like he was doing 100mph on a straight highway. Speer curves and visible distance is limited.  Other drivers are lucky he didn't t-bone them. How he was driving, to me, is a serious red flag. i've driven speer many times, going that fast is extra dangerous.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

watch Bell land in Denver.  No way they go with Lindsay/Freeman for any number of games.

in some ways, DEN is more disfunctional than NYJ

These suspensions can drag out/delayed with appeals etc. 

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

nothing is B&W, so I looked up what happened. I didn't find his blood alcohol level, but how and where he was driving is very concerning...

"' Court documents show that Gordon was speeding between 25 mph and 39 mph over the limit at 5th Avenue and Speer Boulevard. "

5th and speer is not a straight road. It's not like he was doing 100mph on a straight highway. Speer curves and visible distance is limited.  Other drivers are lucky he didn't t-bone them. How he was driving, to me, is a serious red flag. i've driven speer many times, going that fast is extra dangerous.

and my wife just reminded me that there are traffic lights every 1/8 of a mile in that area. There's near 100% chance that he ran one or more red lights. Even sober, this is a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

in some ways, DEN is more disfunctional than NYJ

impossible.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

impossible.

i forget, what's your owner's name?

Just now, LordOpie said:

i forget, what's your owner's name?

Johnson, Woody  (not affiliated with Johnson & Johnson because the family wouldn't allow him to go near J & J).  Currently Trump's ambassador to Great Britain.  The Jets reins allegedly in the hand of his brain damaged little brother, who has never had a real job in his life incidentally (nor has Woody for that matter).  Just a great situation.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Johnson, Woody  (not affiliated with Johnson & Johnson because the family wouldn't allow him to go near J & J).  Currently Trump's ambassador to Great Britain.  The Jets reins allegedly in the hand of his brain damaged little brother, who has never had a real job in his life incidentally (nor has Woody for that matter).  Just a great situation.

Our owner is a three person committee who is either burned out or knows nothing about football. We don't have an owner. They refuse to give the job to one of the Bowlen kids.

Ever been sailing and had no wind? "Stuck in irons"? Denver has no captain and no wind.

EDIT: so a different, but still dysfunction.

Edited by LordOpie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

and my wife just reminded me that there are traffic lights every 1/8 of a mile in that area. There's near 100% chance that he ran one or more red lights. Even sober, this is a bad idea.

I see there's a piece of Speer that runs in a tunnel as well, on the southbound side (between Broadway and 6th Ave), I wonder if he was giving it the gas in there, as I know people love the sound you get from a nice motor in a tunnel. Speed limit appears to be 30MPH, his 25-39 over the limit is close to double or more, which is pretty damn reckless in my view. 

As somebody who enjoys riding my sport bikes at higher than legal speeds that is generally not something I do with traffic around, or where there is much of any law enforcement. 

That's just effin great.  What an idiot. 

Various outlets reporting that Gordon was back at Broncos practice today.

Dui implies he was drinking some where other than home... Then odds are, he violated covid protocols

35 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Dui implies he was drinking some where other than home... Then odds are, he violated covid protocols

What are the Covid protocols? Are players not allowed to go out anywhere?

Edit: Just saw Colorado is still on lockdown, so he wouldn't have been at a bar or restaurant. Is it against the rules to be at someone else's house too?

Edited by rajncajn

Restaurants are open. I've been.

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

Restaurants are open. I've been.

I was asking what lead you to the conclusion that he violated covid protocols.  What are the protocols?

"Fangio said he didn’t think Gordon violated any of the league’s COVID-19 safety protocols in running afoul of the law Tuesday night. Fangio said the team is contact tracing and investigating. "

57 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

So their worried about the Covids, not the actual DUI? Driving intoxicated is far deadlier than the Covids. 

Not to the NFL pocketbooks though League. Sheesh keep your priorities straight will ya 

11 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Not to the NFL pocketbooks though League. Sheesh keep your priorities straight will ya 

Sad but true 

Seriously, HTF did covid get brought into all of this? That's what is baffling me.