[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly TE situation

darin3

Zach Ertz is out at least a week or two, and has kinda been crappy anyways.

Dallas Goedert may come off IR this week (any inside info from Philly homers?) and would be a solid start against NYG if he is able to play Thursday night.

Otherwise, does Richard Rodgers get all the TE targets?  If so, he would be a nice plug-and-play this week.

Thoughts from y'all on the east coast or with knowledge of the situation?  Everything I've read has led to inconclusive results.

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Zach Ertz is out at least a week or two, and has kinda been crappy anyways.

Dallas Goedert may come off IR this week (any inside info from Philly homers?) and would be a solid start against NYG if he is able to play Thursday night.

Otherwise, does Richard Rodgers get all the TE targets?  If so, he would be a nice plug-and-play this week.

Thoughts from y'all on the east coast or with knowledge of the situation?  Everything I've read has led to inconclusive results.

Goedert is by far the better TE in Philly but it's a crappy situation. The O-Line is so depleted that they've been relegated to blocking TEs and short yardage routes. If both are out Rogers is the clear #1, and he's not bad either.

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Goedert is by far the better TE in Philly but it's a crappy situation. The O-Line is so depleted that they've been relegated to blocking TEs and short yardage routes. If both are out Rogers is the clear #1, and he's not bad either.

What are local honks saying about Goedert?  Is he on track to come off IR?

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He is but for some reason they are being very quiet regarding his status, it's very odd. He's eligible to come off of IR right now but they haven't done anything. I'll let you know if I hear any news. 

This article seems to indicate he's coming back, but we only have about 24 hours to figure this all out.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dallas-goedert-fantasy-outlook-is-he-a-must-add-in-fantasy-for-week-7/

Edited by darin3

34 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Any local chat about the Hakeem Butler project?

Are they converting him to TE?  They should.

Just Googled, looks like they are trying him at TE.  I think he could be a stud there.  When Ertz retires or moves on maybe they go with Goedert and Butler, if it pans out.

Edited by darin3

2 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Hmmmm.... I know Goedert is eligible to return, but I've also read that he hasn't been "cleared" to practice.  I'd be surprised if he plays tomorrow.  

I've been hearing the same. He's their future, so they'll be extra cautious.

CBS Fantasy

The Eagles haven't yet cleared Goedert to resume practicing, so it's probably safe to rule him out for Thursday's game against the Giants. In addition to Goedert, the Eagles will be missing top tight end Zach Ertz (ankle), leaving third-string option Richard Rodgers as the new top option at the position. The Eagles will likely re-evaluate Goedert again next week before determining if he's fit to resume practicing.

22 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Welp, Rodgers turned in an OK outing: 12.5 points in PPR.  Looks like he'll be an OK plug-and-play for the next few weeks.

Ertz has been pretty bad so far and while he had decent overall numbers last year, far too much production came  in the second half of the season after the damage was done without the TE difference maker most expected him to be for 2/3 of the fantasy regular season.  I had to go back and look, he had one double digit game in his first 8 weeks last season, and one just under at 9, rest were all 6.5 points or less (we do pt/yard rec, no PPR). Then he had 4 double digit games (including one over 20) in the final 7 games thru fantasy playoffs, another 9+ point game , but also 2 stinkers under 3 points. So far this season he's averaging just 4.2 points a game. I had him as a keeper (5 players, no limits) for the last few years, won't do that again. 

His numbers would be better in PPR, but then so would many other guys who catch a lot of 3 yard passes.  I had noticed watching their games last year that both Goedert and Rodgers looked almost as capable. 

Even in my keeper league I think Ertz is not worthy of a roster spot. I cannot believe I had this guy as a keeper expecting a difference maker at TE. But then my roster wasn't very talented to begin with.

What a mess, I thought Noah Fant was a decent backup, now he needs to start and I'm going to look for another option and probably replace Ertz. I was going to add Tonyan(GB) after he got released, but had other needs yesterday and would have missed unless I made him my first priority. 

I guess if other teams were interested he still has potential value in the NFL, just not on this Eagles squad. (Are they just bad, or not using the TE enough, both?)

Ugh, Ertz on the Packers would be bad enough... but would be value-killing if he went to Baltimore.  

Rodgers loves him some Tonyan (and Adams of course) and Ertz would just get lost in the shuffle there.  Worse with Andrews and the Ravens.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Ugh, Ertz on the Packers would be bad enough... but would be value-killing if he went to Baltimore.  

Rodgers loves him some Tonyan (and Adams of course) and Ertz would just get lost in the shuffle there.  Worse with Andrews and the Ravens.

HIs value is pretty low now, how much lower can it go. By the time he returns to the Eagles (expected in week 11), the fantasy season is nearly over. Both Rodgers and Goedert are catching about 72% of the passes thrown to them, Ertz is about 20% lower (53).

24 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

HIs value is pretty low now, how much lower can it go. By the time he returns to the Eagles (expected in week 11), the fantasy season is nearly over. Both Rodgers and Goedert are catching about 72% of the passes thrown to them, Ertz is about 20% lower (53).

He's still Wentz's favorite target; had 45 targets in 6 games before getting hurt.  Once he returns he would go back to being a high-volume target.  I don't think his value is as low as you think, at least not in PPR formats.  But since you are the epitome of a sad tuba poster, it's not surprising that you'd have this take.

• Confused 1

As an Eagles fan I can tell you for a fact  that Ertz has sucked arse water, but it's not all his fault. The offensive line has been decimated beyond belief. He's been relegated to a blocker. And when he finally does get a route it's usually a 5 yard route & he's double teamed. He will have value once they start getting personnel back.