[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Evans done?

1fastdoc

Now that Gronk is well integrated and Godwin is back to full speed, Evans' targets have plummeted. With Antonio coming, which was apparently all Brady, I wonder if Evans' snap count will fade to WR5 levels. 

Since Arians isn't a fan of AB, I'm guessing Evans won't be traded. Not sure what to do with him in my dynasty league. This whole situation sucks. 

Evans hasn't been doing a lot this year. His TDs masked his poor catches and yard stats. Let's remember Evans has a tendency of "disappearing." This happened last year too. He's a downfield threat and that's not Brady's strength. I think he drops to a WR3 and with his size he will always be a TD threat. Also don't forget how fragile Gronk is. I think Evans is untradeable right now because you can't get anything respectable for him. 

I don’t know why anyone is surprised. I wanted nothing to do with him heading into the drafts. Brady doesn’t sling the ball like Winston and the young guys do. Evans is a downfield threat and that doesn’t work with Brady’s game anymore. It sucks cause you can’t drop him, nobody is going to trade for him. He’s basically useless.

Edited by Finn5033

4 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I was able to get a 1st round rookie pick out of him last week in a dynasty league.  I think I scored on that one, especially since I'm rebuilding.

Wow!

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I was able to get a 1st round rookie pick out of him last week in a dynasty league.  I think I scored on that one, especially since I'm rebuilding.

My son, who took 2nd last year, is in 10th place.  He offered me John Brown for Evans.  Maybe I'll counter with Brown plus his 1st round pick.   Mecole Hardman and Marquise Brown are also possible options...

After reading some quotes from Arians yesterday I don't have any hope that Evans will be traded.  He could benefit so many teams but he's wasted on TB. 

Edited by 1fastdoc

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

This is what you get with Mike Evans. Is anyone seriously shocked? You knew when you drafted him that he's probably the most unpredictable & inconsistent player in Fantasy. 

Nah, AJ Green holds that title forever.  

I wonder if I could convince the Titans to trade for Evans.  Hmm, who to take hostage...

2 hours ago, irish said:

Wow!

Well... to be perfectly clear I got a 1st and 3rd for him and Ronald Jones.  I am not a believer in Jones, so I equated it with Jones for the 3rd and Evans for the 1st.

Anyways, don't want to get too off track here.

I think Evans is going to have some big games down the stretch with AB taking some of the underneath coverage.  We'll see.

3 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Well... to be perfectly clear I got a 1st and 3rd for him and Ronald Jones.  I am not a believer in Jones, so I equated it with Jones for the 3rd and Evans for the 1st.

Anyways, don't want to get too off track here.

I think Evans is going to have some big games down the stretch with AB taking some of the underneath coverage.  We'll see.

Likely, but still a nice deal for you moving forward. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Hasn't he been banged up?  4 out of 7 games in double digits doesn't seem all that volatile for a WR, although I have always viewed him that way.  He's a guy I feel much better about owning in best ball where you don't need to sweat lineup decisions.

I think its more concern that the 2 targets per game he's gotten the last 2 weeks is the new norm, and that equates to 2-5 points. Not that he's been horrible or inconsistent all year. 

I think it's important to note if he gets 1,000 yards this season, he would start his career with 7 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, an NFL record. They're aware of this and might start force feeding him a little bit.  

On 10/26/2020 at 3:39 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Hasn't he been banged up?  4 out of 7 games in double digits doesn't seem all that volatile for a WR, although I have always viewed him that way.  He's a guy I feel much better about owning in best ball where you don't need to sweat lineup decisions.

You like best ball?   I'm loving guillotine. 

13 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

You like best ball?   I'm loving guillotine. 

I love the guilty pleasure of drafting and having 0 commitments afterwards.  I use numerous best ball drafts to help prepare for high stakes redrafts.  Although my drafting strategy differs substantially for each type of league, it's still helpful preparation.

Maybe Henry Muto should give bestball a try.  🤔 

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

I love the guilty pleasure of drafting and having 0 commitments afterwards.  I use numerous best ball drafts to help prepare for high stakes redrafts.  Although my drafting strategy differs substantially for each type of league, it's still helpful preparation.

Maybe Henry Muto should give bestball a try.  🤔 

He might have free time.  

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, Bobby Brown said:

This year, evans has been td dependent. My thoughts were that slot/te would flourish with brady, but ME would get opportunities as a result of coverage vs the short pass. 

22 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

"So you're sayin' there's a chance?"

Since Thielen and DJ Moore took a vacation, my fate relies on Evans. 

So, I'll be drafting Trevor Lawrence with my #1 pick next year.