[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carson info? Got any

SNOWBOUND33

I've got Carson and Hyde, who I was ready to drop until he had a good game replacing Carson. I'm leaning towards my other options (Fournette, Hasty or even Malcolm Brown) unless Carson is ruled out, then I'd roll with Hyde. I'm worried they try to use Carson in a limited role, and neither one can be trusted for good production. 

If you rely on Carson to start every week, and don't have other good replacements I'd try to get Hyde, he showed he can still get things done. 

34 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Rumor is that Hyde is injured also. Watch it closely.

Not sure why you're labeling it a rumor, its a known fact, I just didn't mention it. I saw Hyde listed as questionable on my league site, and it  says he hurt his hammy during the game, based on information from Pete Carroll. It mentions Homer has an injury as well. I won't be making a final decision until late Saturday or Sunday before early kickoff. 

From CBS sports player info

Seahawks' Carlos Hyde: Dealing with hamstring injury

October 26, 2020 6:36 PM ET |

Hyde suffered a hamstring injury during Sunday's 37-34 loss to the Cardinals, John Boyle of the Seahawks' official site reports.

Hyde took over as Seattle's lead back after Chris Carson sprained his foot in the second quarter, but coach Pete Carroll revealed Monday that Hyde picked up an injury as well. The Seahawks' top three running backs are now battling injuries after Travis Homer suffered a knee contusion during the divisional tilt, leaving rookie DeeJay Dallas as the only healthy remaining back. Homer's status is unclear, Carson is week-to-week, and Hyde's status isn't favorable because of the soft-tissue nature of his injury. We'll have a better idea of the trio's respective statuses once practices start up Wednesday. If they're all ruled out for Sunday's game versus the 49ers, Dallas likely would lead the backfield because Rashaad Penny (knee) isn't expected to be ready in time. Patrick Carr is on the practice squad and may be an option, and Marshawn Lynch's name could be floated under these circumstances as well.

22 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not sure why you're labeling it a rumor, its a known fact, I just didn't mention it. I saw Hyde listed as questionable on my league site, and it  says he hurt his hammy during the game, based on information from Pete Carroll. It mentions Homer has an injury as well. I won't be making a final decision until late Saturday or Sunday before early kickoff. 

From CBS sports player info

Seahawks' Carlos Hyde: Dealing with hamstring injury

October 26, 2020 6:36 PM ET |

Hyde suffered a hamstring injury during Sunday's 37-34 loss to the Cardinals, John Boyle of the Seahawks' official site reports.

Hyde took over as Seattle's lead back after Chris Carson sprained his foot in the second quarter, but coach Pete Carroll revealed Monday that Hyde picked up an injury as well. The Seahawks' top three running backs are now battling injuries after Travis Homer suffered a knee contusion during the divisional tilt, leaving rookie DeeJay Dallas as the only healthy remaining back. Homer's status is unclear, Carson is week-to-week, and Hyde's status isn't favorable because of the soft-tissue nature of his injury. We'll have a better idea of the trio's respective statuses once practices start up Wednesday. If they're all ruled out for Sunday's game versus the 49ers, Dallas likely would lead the backfield because Rashaad Penny (knee) isn't expected to be ready in time. Patrick Carr is on the practice squad and may be an option, and Marshawn Lynch's name could be floated under these circumstances as well.

Poor word choice. The point is picking up Hyde might not be the best pickup since there's a chance he might not play. Homer is injured. There is also complaints about Dallas's pass blocking.

10 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Poor word choice. The point is picking up Hyde might not be the best pickup since there's a chance he might not play. Homer is injured. There is also complaints about Dallas's pass blocking.

Fair enough, I was not suggesting anybody pick Hyde up, only talking about my own situation and how I had considered dropping him but he looked good in relief of Carson so I'm holding him as a handcuff. This beats the confusing backfields on many other teams where even if everybody is healthy we have no clue who is the lead back, let alone a clear handcuff/backup. I remember the Seahawks when I first had Carson on my team (2017 rookie year) waiting to see how things would shake out and if he'd really be the lead back. He got hurt, and did get the starting job, but after their years experimenting with many guys filling the hole left by Lynch I wondered if a SEA RB would ever have much value again. 

According to my fantasy site the SF defense is also stingy with RB points, ranked #1 (worst) even though they're midpack in rushing yards allowed. That seems odd but I know they have a formula that takes more into account and specifically what points that position scores against the team. (I recall DMD talking about this kind of stuff in his articles, and having charts that track positions scoring chances against various teams, so I know its a valid concept.)

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Fair enough, I was not suggesting anybody pick Hyde up, only talking about my own situation and how I had considered dropping him but he looked good in relief of Carson so I'm holding him as a handcuff. This beats the confusing backfields on many other teams where even if everybody is healthy we have no clue who is the lead back, let alone a clear handcuff/backup. I remember the Seahawks when I first had Carson on my team (2017 rookie year) waiting to see how things would shake out and if he'd really be the lead back. He got hurt, and did get the starting job, but after their years experimenting with many guys filling the hole left by Lynch I wondered if a SEA RB would ever have much value again. 

According to my fantasy site the SF defense is also stingy with RB points, ranked #1 (worst) even though they're midpack in rushing yards allowed. That seems odd but I know they have a formula that takes more into account and specifically what points that position scores against the team. (I recall DMD talking about this kind of stuff in his articles, and having charts that track positions scoring chances against various teams, so I know its a valid concept.)

Lol. Steve, you did say pickup Hyde which is why I commented about his injury. It's in your last sentence of your original post.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

If you rely on Carson to start every week, and don't have other good replacements I'd try to get Hyde, he showed he can still get things done. 

It's all good. I own Carson and Hyde, and am watching the situation closely. 

5 hours ago, Shaft said:

Lol. Steve, you did say pickup Hyde which is why I commented about his injury. It's in your last sentence of your original post.

It's all good. I own Carson and Hyde, and am watching the situation closely. 

Right forgot I said that, it was mostly in relation to the OP who asked "how much do I need to go after Hyde?"  and the answer was "if you rely on Carson to start get Hyde". 

I just saw this info below on Carson, sounds like he won't practice much this week so it may be hard to get a read on how ready he is. It is a 4:25 game, so if its a GTD it may be hard to have a replacement, that's one case where having the handcuff helps. And Pete Carroll downplayed the Hyde injury to the media "its not major" and used the term "tightness" in describing it. I'm kind of leaning towards Fournette at this point but will wait to make changes to my line-up.

from CBS Sportsline player info

Seahawks' Chris Carson: May not practice this week

1 hr ago |

Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that Carson (foot) will be held out of practice until the end of the week, Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle reports.

This means Carson likely won't practice Wednesday or Thursday, but the ambiguous phrasing leaves the possibility that he could return to the field for Friday's session. The 26-year-old running back is dealing with a mid-foot sprain that makes him week-to-week, but Carson has played through a myriad of injuries in his career, including a knee sprain back in Week 4. However, he practiced during the week with the knee sprain, and it appears he'll take a different course of action this week. Michael-Shawn Dugar of The Athletic believes that Carson is trending toward a game-time decision as a result, and fantasy managers should be prepared to pivot off Carson. It's tough to find a viable option in Seattle's backfield, however, as Carlos Hyde (hamstring) and Travis Homer (knee) won't be full participants in Wednesday's practice. DeeJay Dallas is the only running back with a clean bill of health heading into Sunday's matchup against San Francisco.

Edited by stevegrab

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Right forgot I said that, it was mostly in relation to the OP who asked "how much do I need to go after Hyde?"  and the answer was "if you rely on Carson to start get Hyde". 

I just saw this info below on Carson, sounds like he won't practice much this week so it may be hard to get a read on how ready he is. It is a 4:25 game, so if its a GTD it may be hard to have a replacement, that's one case where having the handcuff helps. And Pete Carroll downplayed the Hyde injury to the media "its not major" and used the term "tightness" in describing it. I'm kind of leaning towards Fournette at this point but will wait to make changes to my line-up.

from CBS Sportsline player info

Seahawks' Chris Carson: May not practice this week

1 hr ago |

Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that Carson (foot) will be held out of practice until the end of the week, Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle reports.

This means Carson likely won't practice Wednesday or Thursday, but the ambiguous phrasing leaves the possibility that he could return to the field for Friday's session. The 26-year-old running back is dealing with a mid-foot sprain that makes him week-to-week, but Carson has played through a myriad of injuries in his career, including a knee sprain back in Week 4. However, he practiced during the week with the knee sprain, and it appears he'll take a different course of action this week. Michael-Shawn Dugar of The Athletic believes that Carson is trending toward a game-time decision as a result, and fantasy managers should be prepared to pivot off Carson. It's tough to find a viable option in Seattle's backfield, however, as Carlos Hyde (hamstring) and Travis Homer (knee) won't be full participants in Wednesday's practice. DeeJay Dallas is the only running back with a clean bill of health heading into Sunday's matchup against San Francisco.

Thanks, so I'm hoping between Carson or Hyde, one plays so I'm not screwed. :unsure:

15 hours ago, heehawks said:

As an FYI, DJ Dallas whiffed hard on a pass rush assignment that lead to a poorly timed sack against the Cards. If he is the last man standing, better get his pass protection shiat put together.

Just go shotgun and let Wilson fling it around, 400 yards and 5 TDs is fine with me, I can find a RB on another team to get me some points, I'm replacing Carson with Fournette now (liked how he looked in the Raiders game I watched last night.) 

On 10/28/2020 at 4:33 PM, darin3 said:

Hopefully they have no healthy RBs and that'll force Wilson to throw 60 times.  :D

Even though you're facing Lockett and Metcalf in DW3?  Sounds good to me.  :headbang:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

The coach said he expects him to play.

I think Pete Carroll would say someone with covid just has a little sniffle and is ready to go. 😝

Everything I've ready sounds like no one has any idea what's going on and won't until game time.

Homer sounds like one of the most likely to play though since he just has a bone bruise. I guess that's not bad.