[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL fines, strips Raiders of draft pick for coronavirus protocol violations

League_Champion

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Ohh no, they're going to lose a 6th round draft pick. That'll learn e'm! And this is why the NFL is a joke. 

And if the punishment were harsher a whole bunch of people would be complaining that the NFL is out of control and acting like a bunch of dictators.

The punishments keep increasing with each infraction.

Some of this relates to what the call the "intensive protocols" which you can probably find more info online with a web search, that's what I did but don't have the story open anymore. It included things like having to wear masks inside the helmets while on the practice field.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

And if the punishment were harsher a whole bunch of people would be complaining that the NFL is out of control and acting like a bunch of dictators.

The punishments keep increasing with each infraction.

Some of this relates to what the call the "intensive protocols" which you can probably find more info online with a web search, that's what I did but don't have the story open anymore. It included things like having to wear masks inside the helmets while on the practice field.

Ever hear the term, practice what you preach? Another assinine "protocol" is that they have to do all this in practice but during games they are letting it eat. You see Sir, it's all hocus pocus BS nonesense to cover the NFL's collective arses. They don't care one dam bit about those players, sideline staffers, coaches, etc. They care about the brand & the almighty $$$$$, that's all. Can we at least agree on that? 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Ever hear the term, practice what you preach? Another assinine "protocol" is that they have to do all this in practice but during games they are letting it eat. You see Sir, it's all hocus pocus BS nonesense to cover the NFL's collective arses. They don't care one dam bit about those players, sideline staffers, coaches, etc. They care about the brand & the almighty $$$$$, that's all. Can we at least agree on that? 

Yes I've heard that term, I don't care what you think or believe I'm talking about facts not opinions. You think the punishment is meaningless, if it was more others would scream it is too much. Maybe you don't believe that, or don't care.

As for the rest, the NFL is no different than most other businesses, profits are priority one, not the safety of their workers. I'm working at home, not because the owners want to keep be free of the virus, but because they worry it could be a liability for them if I get sick, as well as missed time from doing my job. 

You have a choice not to consume the NFL product if you find their ownership and management to be so careless in how they treat their players. But like most fans you'll complain endlessly while watching tons of games and maybe even buying things that directly support the league. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yes I've heard that term, I don't care what you think or believe I'm talking about facts not opinions. You think the punishment is meaningless, if it was more others would scream it is too much. Maybe you don't believe that, or don't care.

As for the rest, the NFL is no different than most other businesses, profits are priority one, not the safety of their workers. I'm working at home, not because the owners want to keep be free of the virus, but because they worry it could be a liability for them if I get sick, as well as missed time from doing my job. 

You have a choice not to consume the NFL product if you find their ownership and management to be so careless in how they treat their players. But like most fans you'll complain endlessly while watching tons of games and maybe even buying things that directly support the league. 

As long as you know. It's hocus pocus BS nonesense, say it. 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I can for sure agree to that. It may be the one last thing that all Americans can agree on.

:usa:

Just now, League_Champion said:

Holier than thou I guess. You have dirty sweaty players touching, grabbing and breathing all over each other, no masks on the sidelines but they are worried about the coaches. Makes total sense 

The players likely need to be maskless in order the breathe properly, coaches haven't spent the same energy,  I assume that it's part of the image and impact (after fining the raiders) and having issues with the titans etc etc.  Bet you the fine is reversed if there is no further issues

On 11/8/2020 at 10:00 AM, millworkguy said:

The players likely need to be maskless in order the breathe properly, coaches haven't spent the same energy,  I assume that it's part of the image and impact (after fining the raiders) and having issues with the titans etc etc.  Bet you the fine is reversed if there is no further issues

Stop trying to be rational, the NFL is clearly a clueless group of idiots running a billion dollar industry. If only LC were in charge they'd be so much better.

Players were wearing masks on the sideline in the GB-SF because the local authorities have required them of everybody, unless on the field. NFL has also expanded their requirements that players were them more often. 

22 hours ago, League_Champion said:

No shizz Karen. That doesn't mean it makes sense, ya puppet. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

blah-blah-blah     and shove your Karen nonsense, you don't have a clue

27 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You're right Karen, the NFL is doing a phenomenal job. 

No disrespect to either of you, but geez, you guys are like an old married couple...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heehawks said:

No disrespect to either of you, but geez, you guys are like an old married couple...

No disrespect taken, LC is just a guy who likes to yap a lot. He thinks he is funny and witty. If this place weren't so dead and devoid of posts I think most would find him rather annoying. I doubt he would have lasted long in the old days of The Huddle Forums, before the big purge. 

I have him on ignore but he responds to so many of my posts and is quoted by other people it is kind of hard to escape his nonsense. 

• Sad 1