[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCaffery Shoulder?

heehawks

Huddle News says that McCaffrey is now doubtful for next week game with a shoulder injury.  What a freaking tease, wait for six weeks, get great production in first game back, and now could be out again. Was stoked to get a second half infusion of points for my bad local team. But now it could be all a pipe dream for the overall #1 pick. Ug.

12 hours ago, Shaft said:

I just need to overpay for Davis now to protect my asset.

Met too, but I don’t even want to ask. The guy who has him tried to offer me Davis and D. Moore for Metcalf weeks ago. I don’t think I’ll be willing to give up what he’ll ask for

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

Met too, but I don’t even want to ask. The guy who has him tried to offer me Davis and D. Moore for Metcalf weeks ago. I don’t think I’ll be willing to give up what he’ll ask for

Ouch, that would hurt too much. I'm considering trading DJ Moore, Godwin, or Golladay and I'm losing sleep. I couldn't imagine trading Metcalf.

Hopefully it's minor, I wouldn't think an AC issue would be great though for a guy like McCaffrey who absorbs a lot of punishment and gets a zillion touches, needs to reach for balls

Edit: reach for footballs, not his own balls. Although an AC joint issue could affect that too 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThatDude said:

He’s looking like he’s out this week and considered week to week

Yep there is an article on ESPN stating sources saying he’s not expected to play this weekend and is looking to get a second opinion.

So now the question becomes, will they legitimately go to a significant timeshare when he is ready to play again? If the Panthers lose they will be 3-7 so will they take it easy and not rush him back. If you have CMC should you try to trade him now if you can get reasonable value?

Edited by Finn5033

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

Yep there is an article on ESPN stating sources saying he’s not expected to play this weekend and is looking to get a second opinion.

So now the question becomes, will they legitimately go to a significant timeshare when he is ready to play again? If the Panthers lose they will be 3-7 so will they take it easy and not rush him back. If you have CMC should you try to trade him now if you can get reasonable value?

I'm strongly considering trading him. 

21 hours ago, Shaft said:

That was too many touches in his first game back. 

I was wondering about that. 

Seriously think they overworked him in his first game back.

Davis touched the ball just five or six times I think.

On 11/10/2020 at 5:20 PM, millworkguy said:

Guy in my league wants a 2nd for Davis,  hard no for me

I swapped Logan Wilson (LB prospect) for Davis (I'm a CMC owner).  Figured it was good for both sides... he gets a young prospect, I get coverage on CMC in case the injury lingers.

I actually did fine without CMC in my lineup somehow, but now that the season is winding down I wanted to be fully loaded.  I have absolute studs at LB so I was able to afford losing Wilson.

15 hours ago, darin3 said:

I actually did fine without CMC in my lineup somehow, 

I have heard that a lot and anecdotally I wonder if that's bc there wasnt much difference b/w drafting 10 or drafting 30-35 this year. Seems like there were a lot of late first round through 3rd round busts and you kind of just needed to get lucky with injuries or pick the right guy. 

Edited by purplemonster

12 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I have heard that a lot and anecdotally I wonder if that's bc there wasnt much difference b/w drafting 10 or drafting 30-35 this year. Seems like there were a lot of late first round through 3rd round busts and you kind of just needed to get lucky with injuries or pick the right guy. 

In this particular league I have mega-stud LBs who score a lot, Davante Adams, and breakouts like Antonio Gibson and Darrell Henderson.  So while I would have loved to have CMC, I somehow scored a ton without him.

19 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

That's a pretty reasonable offer in a redraft league.

I have CMC, Metcalf, and do not have Davis. I was offered Davis, Fulgham, and Fournette for Metcalf and I said no. Metcalf is the best WR in fantasy right now. I’m not giving him up for an RB that’s only useful if CMC is out. You need to be getting an RB1 if you trade Metcalf

Edited by Finn5033