[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too early to ask about 2021 breakouts?

1fastdoc

For those of us in dynasty leagues, it's nearing that time to look ahead.  We've seen some nice production from a few guys this year but it's been mired by injuries and Covid losses.  

I'm not in contention anymore so I'm going to make trades before the deadline, like selling Thielen for younger talent.

Any young players that you're holding onto or looking to acquire for next year?  

There are a number of players with high potential that haven't done much so far or haven't played much.

Hard to believe Ruggs is such a dud but Carr won't throw to him.

Jalen Reagor is starting to come on

Justin Jefferson and Tee Higgins look like hits. Especially like Higgins paired with Burrow.

Denzel Mims in NYJ is interesting if they ever get a QB.

JK Dobbins - I think Ingram moves on next year.

For anyone wondering, I calculated on 0.5 ppr, this is the approximate breakdown so far, although they are all pretty close 100 to 80 essentially, Lamb and Jefferson close to 100, the rest close to 80. Not that this predicts where they will be next year, but always nice to have some stats.  Ruggs/Reagor/Mims aren't up there, but all have missed big chunks of time, so hard to gauge.  

Lamb

Jefferson

Higgins

Jeudy

Aiyuk

4 hours ago, purplemonster said:

For anyone wondering, I calculated on 0.5 ppr, this is the approximate breakdown so far, although they are all pretty close 100 to 80 essentially, Lamb and Jefferson close to 100, the rest close to 80. Not that this predicts where they will be next year, but always nice to have some stats.  Ruggs/Reagor/Mims aren't up there, but all have missed big chunks of time, so hard to gauge.  

Lamb

Jefferson

Higgins

Jeudy

Aiyuk

I have Reagor and Moss.  Put up a trade offer of Thielen/R Higgins for Jeudy/T Higgins.  He's got a hx of grabbing young talent at the right time and he usually scores 180-210 pts.  So I'm hoping these two follow the pattern. I like Ruggs too.  Haven't looked at the others much.

7 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Lamb

Jefferson

Higgins

Jeudy

Aiyuk

I guess it depends on your definition of breaking out, but those guys have already broken out in my opinion.  Jeudy and Ayiuk are in the top 30-35 WR's in most formats, and improving every week.  Jefferson and Higgins are, at worst, WR3's.  And, Lamb as well.  If Dak was healthy, he'd probably be a low-end WR1.  

7 hours ago, Gopher said:

I guess it depends on your definition of breaking out, but those guys have already broken out in my opinion.  Jeudy and Ayiuk are in the top 30-35 WR's in most formats, and improving every week.  Jefferson and Higgins are, at worst, WR3's.  And, Lamb as well.  If Dak was healthy, he'd probably be a low-end WR1.  

Right, I get what you are saying.  When I read his post, I was thinking along the lines of DK Metcalf, who was projected to do well, but not anywhere this good. But you're right, Cee Dee Lamb isn't necessarily sneaking up on anyone next year.  

14 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Right, I get what you are saying.  When I read his post, I was thinking along the lines of DK Metcalf, who was projected to do well, but not anywhere this good. But you're right, Cee Dee Lamb isn't necessarily sneaking up on anyone next year.  

That's what I was thinking.  Looking for the hidden WR1, RB1 gems

Homer opinion here and I've already mentioned him in other threads, but I love Marquez Callaway. He's got an uphill battle to replace Emmanuel Sanders next season & I don't think he will, but I think that after next season he will easily be the #2 or even #1 WR for the Saints if something happens with Michael Thomas. Big question there is what will that mean if Drew Brees is gone. If Winston is still there it could be good for the Saints passing offense. It's a roll of the dice, but one I would think you'd want to get in on next year if you're in a deeper league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, and Travis Fulgham seems to be on his way as well. He's legit 

Yeah, that's one I slept on. I considered him a couple of times for FA, but by the time I decided I wanted to bid I knew I'd be outbid for him so I didn't even bother. I was right that what I was considering would have been too low and every other bid would have beaten me in a tiebreaker.

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Yeah, that's one I slept on. I considered him a couple of times for FA, but by the time I decided I wanted to bid I knew I'd be outbid for him so I didn't even bother. I was right that what I was considering would have been too low and every other bid would have beaten me in a tiebreaker.

I was late getting in on Fulgham as well. He's been putting up good steady numbers but I'm afraid they'll drop now that Goedert, Reagor & once/if Jeffries comes back. I still think he's an eventual WR1. 

39 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I was late getting in on Fulgham as well. He's been putting up good steady numbers but I'm afraid they'll drop now that Goedert, Reagor & once/if Jeffries comes back. I still think he's an eventual WR1. 

No mention of Ertz, not even from an Eagles fan. I laughed when I noticed somebody in our league snatched up after I dropped him. He'll be lucky to end the season with 500 yards and 2-3 TDs. I was watching the Chiefs game and dreaming of Ertz having some of that Kelce magic.  Like 2018, 116 rec, 1160 yds, 8TDs. Ahhh the good ole days. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

No mention of Ertz, not even from an Eagles fan. I laughed when I noticed somebody in our league snatched up after I dropped him. He'll be lucky to end the season with 500 yards and 2-3 TDs. I was watching the Chiefs game and dreaming of Ertz having some of that Kelce magic.  Like 2018, 116 rec, 1160 yds, 8TDs. Ahhh the good ole days. 

True, but a healthy Ertz and Goedert could change things though. I don't think Ertz was ever healthy this year. It was obvious that something was wrong with him. He may return to his old self when he comes back. 

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

True, but a healthy Ertz and Goedert could change things though. I don't think Ertz was ever healthy this year. It was obvious that something was wrong with him. He may return to his old self when he comes back. 

Agreed.  Ertz may not do much in 2020 but I think he has 2-3 good years left in him.  

Even last year when Ertz had decent numbers over all, but there was too little output early in the season when his owners needed it to win games and get in playoff position. Far too much of his production game after week 8, and by that point it wasn't going to help me. But I was thin on talent on my roster, so I had him as one of my 5 keepers going into 2020. In our league the top 5 TEs or so that are clearly above the rest usually get protected. I think Ertz is done in that category, he will still be rosterable and startable, but not as often, and not a top 5 or even 10 TE in fantasy. 

He may be better once he returns, if he was fully healthy. Was just easier for me to move on, I think Fant and Hooper can provide better value now, and at least as good as Ertz down the stretch. Goedert is also taking on a larger role and reducing the targets for Ertz. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

He may be better once he returns, if he was fully healthy. Was just easier for me to move on, I think Fant and Hooper can provide better value now, and at least as good as Ertz down the stretch. Goedert is also taking on a larger role and reducing the targets for Ertz. 

Ertz was also a victim of the situation. The offensive line & receiving corp was decimated by injury and he was forced to serve as a blocker which he's rarely been asked to do. And when he did get a route he was double teamed because they had 4 practice squad receivers on the roster, so it's not all on Ertz. Now that the Eagles are getting healthy on the line I think you'll see a much different Ertz when he gets back. 

32 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Ertz was also a victim of the situation. The offensive line & receiving corp was decimated by injury and he was forced to serve as a blocker which he's rarely been asked to do. And when he did get a route he was double teamed because they had 4 practice squad receivers on the roster, so it's not all on Ertz. Now that the Eagles are getting healthy on the line I think you'll see a much different Ertz when he gets back. 

Ertz's situation reminds me a lot of Hayden Hurst where there is better talent lower on the depth chart. Granted Goedert is no Mark Andrews, but with Richard Rogers showing he can step in I think Ertz has become expendable and will lose significant targets to Goedert as they phase him out.

Edit: Don't forget, you've got Hakeem Butler on the practice squad as well :doh:

Edited by rajncajn

35 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Ertz's situation reminds me a lot of Hayden Hurst where there is better talent lower on the depth chart. Granted Goedert is no Mark Andrews, but with Richard Rogers showing he can step in I think Ertz has become expendable and will lose significant targets to Goedert as they phase him out.

Edit: Don't forget, you've got Hakeem Butler on the practice squad as well :doh:

Haha, you're right. I'm not sure what to make of Butler but I do know that the GM & Coach rave about him. I still don't think they'll bring back Ertz. They are in serious cap trouble for next season and Goedert is clearly the future. I just wish they would have traded him while they could of. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Haha, you're right. I'm not sure what to make of Butler but I do know that the GM & Coach rave about him. I still don't think they'll bring back Ertz. They are in serious cap trouble for next season and Goedert is clearly the future. I just wish they would have traded him while they could of. 

Good to hear about Butler. He's hanging on by a thread on my taxi squad, but the last time I gave up too early on a player like that was Devante Adams. :bash: