[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston

Rekroot

43 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I hate to be so blunt on Taysom but he's a notch above what Tebow was. He's a hell of an athlete and very talented but not good enough to be a full time starter in the NFL. I'd imagine he gets even more playing time with Jameis behind center. They'll need him 

How well do you know the guy? I mean,  honestly,  are you a big BYU fan? You've barely seen the guy play in the NFL. I know that you haven't been watching Saints games. It sounds like you're  completely talking out of your ass or do you actually have something to back that up? Who was Tom Brady before Bledsoe got hurt? Who was Brett Favre before the Falcons sent him to Green Bay? Who was Steve Young before the Saints let him go to San Francisco?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

How well do you know the guy? I mean,  honestly,  are you a big BYU fan? You've barely seen the guy play in the NFL. I know that you haven't been watching Saints games. It sounds like you're  completely talking out of your ass or do you actually have something to back that up? Who was Tom Brady before Bledsoe got hurt? Who was Brett Favre before the Falcons sent him to Green Bay? Who was Steve Young before the Saints let him go to San Francisco?

That's just my personal opinion from what I've seen. It's not a personal attack on you, it's just what I think. 

6 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

My question is what have you seen that makes you think that?

It's what I haven't seen. And Peyton feels the same. If he didn't Hill would undoubtedly be named the starter, especially with a couple years in the system. They brought Jameis in as the #2 because he doesn't trust Hill. That's undeniable. Once again it's my opinion, no need to take it personal. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

It's what I haven't seen. And Peyton feels the same. If he didn't Hill would undoubtedly be named the starter, especially with a couple years in the system. They brought Jameis in as the #2 because he doesn't trust Hill. That's undeniable. Once again it's my opinion, no need to take it personal. 

I'm going by what Payton has already said.  He "sees Taysom as a starting quarterback in this league."  They put a 1st round tender on him and paid him 4.6 million in order to keep him on the roster.  They then signed him to a 2 year $21 million  contract.  Do I think that he's ready to be a starter? Probably not. He's probably hasn't spent a lot of time preparing as a quarterback for one thing because of all of the additional things asked of him. So,  yes,  Winston will probably be the starter in this situation.  But do I think that he's just a gadget guy? No,  based on what I've seen he's much more than that. If he just played TE I think he could be a star at the position. If he just played a traditional RB role like a Mike Alstott he'd be a monster. But based on the limited sample I've seen and based on what Payton has said I think he could be a great QB as well and until he's actually given that opportunity I think it's ridiculous to claim he's a notch above Tebow,  especially when you have no sample at all to make that claim.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884279-sean-payton-talks-taysom-hill-says-saints-see-him-as-future-starting-qb

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/32095/the-next-steve-young-or-not-taysom-hill-could-become-drew-brees-heir

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 2

:pc: Steve Young did not play for New Orleans 

23 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Yay beat Big John

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zooty said:

:pc: Steve Young did not play for New Orleans 

Yay beat Big John

Wow, how did I get Marc Bulger & Steve Young's background mixed up? Bulger was drafted by the Saints before being waived and went on to have a great career with the Rams. Steve Young was a backup for the Rams & Tampa before going on to San Fran.

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

A great QB like Hill should easily beat out a retread, cement head, interception machine like Jameis. Would you not agree? 

Actually read what I posted & then answer the question.

What evidence do you have to support this statement?

I hate to be so blunt on Taysom but he's a notch above what Tebow was. He's a hell of an athlete and very talented but not good enough to be a full time starter in the NFL.

7 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Actually read what I posted & then answer the question.

What evidence do you have to support this statement?

We can agree to disagree. I just don't see what you do. I'm sorry, I don't see a future "great QB". You have to be less than average to not beat out Winston for a backup role. Don't forget that Jameis was the laughing stock of the league and almost out of the NFL a few months ago. I could very well be wrong, we'll see how it plays out. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

We can agree to disagree. I just don't see what you do. I'm sorry, I don't see a future "great QB". You have to be less than average to not beat out Winston for a backup role. Don't forget that Jameis was the laughing stock of the league and almost out of the NFL a few months ago. I could very well be wrong, we'll see how it plays out. 

Winston wasn't almost out of the league. He turned down more lucrative offers for a chance to play with the Saints and learn from Brees and Payton. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/26/nfl-free-agency-jameis-winston-saints-contract-news/

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Winston wasn't almost out of the league. He turned down more lucrative offers for a chance to play with the Saints and learn from Brees and Payton. 

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/26/nfl-free-agency-jameis-winston-saints-contract-news/

So Winston is or isn't better than Hill? In your opinion. 

11 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

So Winston is or isn't better than Hill? In your opinion. 

I have no idea. I've hardly seen Hill actually play the QB position,  but from what I've seen and read from Payton I think he can be. I know he has the leadership qualities.  I know he has the arm and seems to be accurate. I just don't know if he can run the full offense yet and question whether the current offense is suited for him to completely succeed.

Winston,  on the other hand, I really question whether he's a leader and when the pressure is on my concern is he will revert back to forcing throws and missing reads. 

Edited by rajncajn

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

Winston,  on the other hand, I really question whether he's a leader and when the pressure is on my concern is he will revert back to forcing throws and missing reads. 

Totally agree. I do know that Winston sucks and I would imagine that Peyton knows that as well. It's just confusing as to why he wouldn't name Hill the starter if he actually believes what he says. Hill is no young Buck, he's been in the league since 17 and has 2 years in Peyton's system. It doesn't add up, that's all I'm saying. Thanks for being cool and hearing me out. 

Just now, League_Champion said:

Totally agree. I do know that Winston sucks and I would imagine that Peyton knows that as well. It's just confusing as to why he wouldn't name Hill the starter if he actually believes what he says. Hill is no young Buck, he's been in the league since 17 and has 2 years in Peyton's system. It doesn't add up, that's all I'm saying. Thanks for being cool and hearing me out. 

Because I don't think Hill has been prepared to run the full offense because of all the other things that he's involved in on offense that he's a focal point on as well as the time he spends with special teams. I just think it's a lot to ask for him to be prepared for that shift in a weeks time. 

23 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Because I don't think Hill has been prepared to run the full offense because of all the other things that he's involved in on offense that he's a focal point on as well as the time he spends with special teams. I just think it's a lot to ask for him to be prepared for that shift in a weeks time. 

Tim Tebow, say it.

Just kidding 😊

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Tim Tebow, say it.

Just kidding 😊

One thing that I have always hated about this game is making player comparisons. No two people are ever alike in their experiences/abilities and situations almost always dictate so much. Every now and then there are players that can transcend even the worst situations, but those a extremely rare. That's why you have players like Ryan Leaf, who like like they could be world-beaters and then fall flat on their face when thrown into the wrong situation and then guys like Tannehill who look like JAG until given the right opportunity to flourish and develop.

15 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

One thing that I have always hated about this game is making player comparisons. No two people are ever alike in their experiences/abilities and situations almost always dictate so much. Every now and then there are players that can transcend even the worst situations, but those a extremely rare. That's why you have players like Ryan Leaf, who like like they could be world-beaters and then fall flat on their face when thrown into the wrong situation and then guys like Tannehill who look like JAG until given the right opportunity to flourish and develop.

I'm just kidding with you. He may very well be the next big thing, but right now, today he's Tim Tebow. You can't deny that. 

Edited by League_Champion