[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston

Rekroot

21 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm just kidding with you. He may very well be the next big thing, but right now, today he's Tim Tebow. You can't deny that. 

If your only comparisons are that they are both big, athletic, white, Christian, running quarterbacks that you knew nothing about until they stepped on the NFL field as an actual quarterback. :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Because I don't think Hill has been prepared to run the full offense because of all the other things that he's involved in on offense that he's a focal point on as well as the time he spends with special teams. I just think it's a lot to ask for him to be prepared for that shift in a weeks time. 

You described Tim Tebow to a T my friend. And that's not a knock on Hill, Tebow was very good at what he did. 

34 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You described Tim Tebow to a T my friend. And that's not a knock on Hill, Tebow was very good at what he did. 

Except from what I've seen Hill is both a better runner & much better passer, so you can just as likely say he's Josh Allen or Daniel Jones or Steve Young for that matter. But by comparing him to someone who tried & failed to translate his skills to the NFL you are actually knocking him. You're saying he's just a gimmick guy and a horrible passer & not a real quarterback, all of which is just a guess based on what you know about Tebow.

Edited by rajncajn

12 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Except from what I've seen Hill is both a better runner & much better passer, so you can just as likely say he's Josh Allen or Daniel Jones or Steve Young for that matter. But by comparing him to someone who tried & failed to translate his skills to the NFL you are actually knocking him. You're saying he's just a gimmick guy and a horrible passer & not a real quarterback, all of which is just a guess based on what you know about Tebow.

This could go either way, you could be right. And yes Hill definitely has a better arm than Tebow's linguine arm. I think I do. You're asking me why I think he's comparable to Tebow and all I have to go by is what I see. He's being used exactly as Tebow was. Now I ask you, what makes you think Hill is superior to Tebow? Can he read defenses better? Can he digest a playbook better? Is he smarter, faster, bigger, tougher? Or are you basing your evaluation on what Peyton tells you? Keep in mind that he was undrafted. Tim Tebow won 2 National Championships and broke about every record in the Country doing so. I'm not bashing Hill, I wish someone would compare me to Tebow. 

Yall need just to give Winston a chance. I think he will do just fine. Bruce loves his long risky throws which made Winston look bad. Payton will make sure to give Winston more secure throws to give Winston some confidence and then give him some more deep balls when he sees it will be effective. Payton will be smarter with those deep balls then Bruce was. So I can see Winston shine with Paytons play calling. He did a hell of a job with Teddy last year. I can see him doing the same with Winston this year. I like Taysom alot but he is to useful in TE and WR position for them to make him the full time QB. He just needs to move to TE, RB, or WR. He will have a better chance at being a starter and making more money. He can still do wildcat from those positions. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCajun said:

Yall need just to give Winston a chance. I think he will do just fine. Bruce loves his long risky throws which made Winston look bad. Payton will make sure to give Winston more secure throws to give Winston some confidence and then give him some more deep balls when he sees it will be effective. Payton will be smarter with those deep balls then Bruce was. So I can see Winston shine with Paytons play calling. He did a hell of a job with Teddy last year. I can see him doing the same with Winston this year. I like Taysom alot but he is to useful in TE and WR position for them to make him the full time QB. He just needs to move to TE, RB, or WR. He will have a better chance at being a starter and making more money. He can still do wildcat from those positions. 

I'm a Winston guy. I surely wouldn't want him commanding my football team but he's a Fantasy Legend. He's the only guy who could throw 4 picks in a game and still get you 30+ points. Straight pimp! 

I really think his Int ratio with drastically go down. He is working with one of the best most accurate QB's ever (not starting a GOAT talk) and a master mind of a coach. I think he is in the most ideal place to grow. He toke less money to get a chance to learn from two future HOF's. That shows me he wants to grow and get better. 

Edited by CrazyCajun

1 minute ago, CrazyCajun said:

I really think his Int ratio with drastically go down. He is working with one of the best most accurate QB's ever (not starting a GOAT talk) and a master mind of a coach. I think he is in the most ideal place to grow. He toke less money to get a chance to learn from two future HOF's. That shows me he wants to grow and get better. 

He's gonna puke from eating so many Ws. 

1 hour ago, Ramhock said:

Starting Winston over Goff and Stafford. Been wrong almost every week. Drafted Winston in every league without having Brees.

24 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Doing the exact same thing...Winston over Goff and Stafford...

I'm in the same boat, but I just can't do it. I'm rolling with Goff. Probably a mistake on my part, but so be it.

Here's to being wrong & seeing a lot of this vs Atlanta:

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

I'm in the same boat, but I just can't do it. I'm rolling with Goff. Probably a mistake on my part, but so be it.

Here's to being wrong & seeing a lot of this vs Atlanta:

Goff don't like the pressure and he will see some.