[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston

Rekroot

I seriously hope the fantasy sites change is designation to QB only. I run a 12 man std league and about 10 years ago we had a similar situation where the Vikings back up QB Joe Webb was listed as a WR as well. We got to the playoffs and Webb had to start at QB and one of the guys in the league snatched him up and played him at WR. The other guys in the league were up in arms about it, which to be honest I kind of don’t blame them. If a guy starts at QB he should be a QB only. So I snatched up Hill this week in case this happened. And to be honest if ESPN leaves him as a QB/TE I’m not going to play him at TE. I’m glad I got him so nobody else could do it either

Edited by Finn5033
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

I seriously hope the fantasy sites change is designation to QB only. I run a 12 man std league and about 10 years ago we had a similar situation where the Vikings back up QB Joe Webb was listed as a WR as well. We got to the playoffs and Webb had to start at QB and one of the guys in the league snatched him up and played him at WR. The other guys in the league were up in arms about it, which to be honest I kind of don’t blame them. If a guy starts at QB he should be a QB only. So I snatched up Hill this week in case this happened. And to be honest if ESPN leaves him as a QB/TE I’m not going to play him at TE. I’m glad I got him so nobody else could do it either

If I remember correctly a few years ago Yahoo had an issue where there was a tight end that basically was converted to a running back when Connor got injured and there was a lot of grumbling that you could use essentially a running back in a tight end position. Their policy was that whatever designation they started the year at they stayed at the rest of the year regardless of position changes. But I have to admit it would suck pretty bad to play against someone using a QB in a TE spot. Some people will say that's the strategy of drafting him but that just seems a little gimmicky to me

2 minutes ago, Red Storm said:

an owner in my league has him projected getting 20+ points and is in his TE position.  Crazy.

ESPN does not have an official statement as to whether or not they will remove the tight end designation.  Hopefully it will change. 

Yeah I have him in my ESPN league and he is projected for 19.7 pts. They need to change it, it’s just not right

6 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

If I remember correctly a few years ago Yahoo had an issue where there was a tight end that basically was converted to a running back when Connor got injured and there was a lot of grumbling that you could use essentially a running back in a tight end position. Their policy was that whatever designation they started the year at they stayed at the rest of the year regardless of position changes. But I have to admit it would suck pretty bad to play against someone using a QB in a TE spot. Some people will say that's the strategy of drafting him but that just seems a little gimmicky to me

Yea I kind of remember that, I can deal with that one a little better. But a starting QB that you can play as a TE is just flat out wrong. 

I’m in a league on Sleeper and they have Hill as a QB only

Edited by Finn5033

Or, Taysom Hill could be taking all the 1st team reps just to get him up to speed & ready to actually be the backup QB vs what he has been. I'm staying away from this from a fantasy football perspective, but I'm excited to see Taysom get the opportunity to show what he can do. I just hope he's ready for it.

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Like during Colston's first year, they listed him as a TE and wouldn't remove that designation.

19 minutes ago, Big John said:

Like during Colston's first year, they listed him as a TE and wouldn't remove that designation.

I picked up Colston that year. He was solid for half a season. Unfortunately, Cbssports back then changed Colston to a WR only just like they have Taysom listed only as a QB. I believe espn and/or yahoo listed Colston as a hybrid WR/TE

23 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Sean Payton says he hasn't announced the starting QB.

:lol:

Like I was saying,  he could be giving him more reps with the 1st team in order to bring him up to speed with the full offense,  get him comfortable and evaluate where he's at. 

38 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

:lol:

Like I was saying,  he could be giving him more reps with the 1st team in order to bring him up to speed with the full offense,  get him comfortable and evaluate where he's at. 

Even if they split the reps he should get at least 12-15 points in the TE position. Hopefully even more, I'll take that all day from a TE. Unfortunately ESPN is the only one of my leagues that have him as a TE anymore. All the others have him listed as a QB only which sucks, for my teams.