[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The trade that lost my season

TheGingaNinja

Traded Claypool and Ronald Jones for A Rob a couple weeks ago. This week, in a must win situation, I played the guy I traded with. He started Claypool and Jones who combined for 46 points, as A Rob sat on my bench. I also dropped Cole Beasley (27.9 points) and Diontae (23.6).

There’s always next year. :bash:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheGingaNinja said:

Traded Claypool and Ronald Jones for A Rob a couple weeks ago. This week, in a must win situation, I played the guy I traded with. He started Claypool and Jones who combined for 46 points, as A Rob sat on my bench. I also dropped Cole Beasley (27.9 points) and Diontae (23.6).

Wow, I've never seen someone make so many moves at once and all of them combined to end their season, until now.

2 hours ago, TheGingaNinja said:

That was an awful trade!  Man, that guy laughed himself too the bank!  What made you do that trade?!?

16 minutes ago, irish said:

That was an awful trade!  Man, that guy laughed himself too the bank!  What made you do that trade?!?

In hindsight it's a bad trade but a couple of weeks ago I'm not so sure that was a bad trade. He thought Claypool was the flavor of the week since they have Juju Schuster and Deionte Johnson. And RoJo in a weird time share for a guy with a guaranteed role and #1 receiver. 

4 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

In hindsight it's a bad trade but a couple of weeks ago I'm not so sure that was a bad trade. He thought Claypool was the flavor of the week since they have Juju Schuster and Deionte Johnson. And RoJo in a weird time share for a guy with a guaranteed role and #1 receiver. 

Exactly my thinking. Also had depth at RB with Mccaffrey, Sanders, Swift, D Mont, and Mostert. Figured I’d never start Rojo ROS anyway. And I was tired of watching Claypool go off on my bench and do nothing when I started him. Injuries killed me all season, so I really liked A Rob’s consistency. My WRs were Julio, Crowder, Diontae, Claypool, AB at the time.

In the past I gave Thomas to get Thielen and then Thomas went on to be the WR1.  Worst trade I ever made.  Got Thomas back for Evans/Mckissic, not sure that was wise.

I gave up Drake for Edmonds.  Two days later Drake was traded to Arizona.

My son traded away Ridley for Akers week 1.  If it wasn't for that trade he would have held first place for weeks and be in the top 3.  Instead he's 9th.

There's more but I think I mentally blocked them out.  I recall passing on Hill for Drake a few years ago, lol.