[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cardinals vs Seahawks (TNF)

League_Champion

Mahomes and co will be hoisting the trophy again as much as that pains me to say one year later they are just far superior in talent and have the youngest most athletic and poised player and qb in the world.... and may possibly be the new patriots dynasty that we’ll have to deal with for the next 10-15 years

3 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

We shall see.  Steelers and KC may not look quite as hot if they had to play every team in the NFC west twice a year. 

Rams... meh... Seattle speaks for itself everything runs through Russ(STUD) ... niners the most messed up injury riddled good team I’ve had the pleasure of rooting for( THEY SUCK BALLS WITHOUT THERE STUDS) Cards ( Murray is a stud but has a lot to learn to be a legend like Russ) so the division besides Seattle isn’t that great and Seattle D will have to improve immensely to contend for a title but will never count Russ out ever he’s a stud 

I was mainly speaking to the idea that KC doesn't have to roll against 2 playoff caliber teams in its division 4 times a year.  It looks like Pittsburgh does though and I was under the false impression they've had a somewhat easy schedule to date.

Seattle's next four games consist of  Jets Giants Eagles and WA Football team. They have one winning team left to play and the tougher grind of their regular season is seemingly over.

Buffalo , Saints. Packers , Titans, Tampa Bay aren't mincemeat and I wouldn't eliminate any of them from the conversation.

Lot of games left for perceptions to change for the season, let alone the next 15 years.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

We are a "what have you done for me lately" society.   A month ago, many were saying SEA was the front-runner in the NFC.  Last week, I heard a lot of people doubting whether they would even win their division.  Some went as far to wonder if they'd even make the playoffs.  Obviously, with the upcoming schedule, it would have to be a total collapse for them to miss the post-season, even if they had lost last night's game.  

That said, the front-runner in the NFC seems to change regularly.  Just when we think someone has secured the spot, they falter.  SEA, GB, TB, NO... they've all looked unbeatable at times, and downright terrible at other times.  NO may be the most consistent of the bunch, but now they've got no Brees for a while.  We'll see if Winston and company can hold serve in the same manner that Bridgewater was able to do so the last time Brees missed significant time.

The way I see it, the NFC is more wide open than it's ever been.  Not only do the top few teams all have significant flaws/weaknesses, but we also have the Covid factor, meaning things could change drastically at any moment.  Not to mention, home field advantage has never meant less than it does this year.  Anybody who gets in legitimately has a chance, in my opinion.  

Breaking it down in tiers of sorts....

The four aforementioned teams... NO, SEA, TB, GB.  Not locks, but highly likely they make the playoffs.  If you base it on who has beaten who, and common opponents, you could make an argument for any of these four being the best in the conference.  And, depending on who is playing well in December/January, I could see any of them in the SB.

LAR, ARI - In if the season ended today, they're in.  Certainly not locks, but chances are probably better than those below them.  That said, they need to win the games that they "should" win.  If that happens, they'll get in.    

The rest of the NFC North - Chicago is faltering, having lost four in a row.  Detroit is playing better.  MIN looks great, but they dug themselves such a hole (1-5) that they literally have no room for error.  And, no matter how much better they're playing, a team that started 1-5 is typically going to make some errors (or have an off game) sooner or later. That said, they are all in a position where, if they get hot from here AND either LAR or ARI falters, they could squeeze in.  Even if I set my homer glasses aside, I think MIN has a slightly better chance than CHI or DET.  CHI is going in the wrong direction, and Detroit is.... well, Detroit. As a long-time MIN fan, I can say that we've been down this road before, unfortunately.  No room for error usually means disappointment at some point.  They not only need to take care of business against the teams that they should beat (DAL, CAR, JAX, CHI, DET), they also need ARI or LAR to lose a winnable game somewhere.  Either that, or MIN needs to not only take care of business, but beat either NO or TB as well.  

NFC East - Sadly, they're all in the mix.  Five wins is going to take this thing, in all likelihoood.  Philly, having the tie, is the favorite, but don't count out the Giants.  They're playing better, and schedules are similar.  If the next month goes chalk, we could be looking at the Eagles sitting at 3-10-1, with games against WAS and DAL in Weeks 16 and 17, to win the division.  Crazy.  

Others that I'd love to include, but just don't see it happening.....

SF - So many injuries.  Combine that with the first-place schedule, and I think it's going to be too much to overcome, even if they do get relatively healthy.  Still have to play @LAR, @ARI, SEA, and BUF.  Need to win at least two of those to have a chance.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but I can't see that happening, the way they've looked lately.  

ATL - Playing better, but their schedule is brutal.  Still have to play NO and TB twice, plus KC and the Raiders.  They probably have to win four of those six, which is unlikely.  

Meanwhile, I don't think the AFC is as wide open in terms of who could reach the SB (I think there are a couple of clear favorites).  But, the AFC actually has more teams with a legitimate shot at the playoffs (9 or 10 versus just 7-8 in the NFC).  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Seattle's next four games consist of  Jets Giants Eagles and WA Football team. They have one winning team left to play and the tougher grind of their regular season is seemingly over.

Seahawks defense will be fantasy gold for the rest of the season, playoffs.  Adding Dunlop makes a huge difference.  Now if only Jamal Adams didn't suck so bad.  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Are you saying my beloved Birds aren't a legit Superbowl contender? 

The NFC East may be the worst division in the history of the NFL. It's a trainwreck. 

look at it this way... the added wildcard this year will compensate the rest of the NFC for having a 5-11 team win the East.