[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this ethical?

Dcat

2 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

A guy dropped Jameis with the intention of picking up Hill.  But for a few minutes in between he picked up Stafford and then dropped him immediately for Hill.  

So basically Stafford was out free on the waiver wire but now is locked because of this "move".  Kind of weak IMO

I agree, that would be bush league in a Gentleman's league with friends but in a money league with a bunch of jobbers, I say let it eat. As long as there's no rule in place it's well played. 

5 minutes ago, heehawks said:

So is that what is considered "churning"?

That is a minor churn.  Churning usually would have him pickup then drop all available QBs in order to prevent a league member from picking up a QB where the league setting prevents a dropped player from being picked up until the following week.

31 minutes ago, Big John said:

That is a minor churn.  Churning usually would have him pickup then drop all available QBs in order to prevent a league member from picking up a QB where the league setting prevents a dropped player from being picked up until the following week.

I haven't played in leagues that lock out. So how do you deal with churning in lockout leagues.  Judgment call?  

18 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I haven't played in leagues that lock out. So how do you deal with churning in lockout leagues.  Judgment call?  

I stay away from those leagues.  If i were commish on one of those leagues, i would manually unlock those players. It is clear when someone is doing it so not much judgment is needed.

2 hours ago, Big John said:

I see now. No, we don't do that in our league, it usually limited to one or two players. This season, I did pick up a def to block, dropped them next day (which locked them from getting picked up again), and picked up a player. I assume that is a minor churning infraction as it relates to this discussion.

On 11/21/2020 at 3:21 PM, SNOWBOUND33 said:

A guy dropped Jameis with the intention of picking up Hill.  But for a few minutes in between he picked up Stafford and then dropped him immediately for Hill.  

So basically Stafford was out free on the waiver wire but now is locked because of this "move".  Kind of weak IMO

We require that you can't drop a player you just added until 24 hours.

Guy in my league has a stacked team, and lets people know.  Luckiest guy ever in the draft.  He only has one QB , and he just got the Cov.  Lot of guys in the league holding mlutiple QB's, and with injuries imo the pickings are slim on the wa wire.  

Boy, I have half a mind to scoop up 5 QB's and sit on them!   

Nah... dont do it.  

Nah....

7 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Guy in my league has a stacked team, and lets people know.  Luckiest guy ever in the draft.  He only has one QB , and he just got the Cov.  Lot of guys in the league holding mlutiple QB's, and with injuries imo the pickings are slim on the wa wire.  

Nah... dont do it.  

Nah....

Load up! Haha 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Nah... dont do it.  

Nah....

Well let me tell you and everyone else the CONTINUING saga of my blocking attempt in this thread:  So I never needed to do any of that anyway in week 11 because 1) my opponent didn't try to replace Winston and 2) I blew him away by nearly 100 points anyway. 

But here's the catch...  and it really proves Karma exists...  Early waivers this week was before Lamar Jackson's Covid was announced.  At that time, I had Jackson, T Hill, Rivers and A Smith all on the roster due to my hoarding them last week.  I dropped Rivers and Smith to add some depth at other positions.  I tried to drop Hill for Cousins but was outbid by a lot. So I head to week 12 with Lamar and Hill.  No big deal.

Then BOOM.  Jackson has Covid and will probably miss 2 weeks.  I am stuck with T Hill this week or Baker Mayfield, who I just picked up.

THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS 100% PROOF OF KARMA

kar·ma
/ˈkärmə/

noun

1. (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
    • INFORMAL
      destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.
Edited by Dcat

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Well let me tell you and everyone else the CONTINUING saga of my blocking attempt in this thread:  So I never needed to do any of that anyway in week 11 because 1) my opponent didn't try to replace Winston and 2) I blew him away by nearly 100 points anyway. 

But here's the catch...  and it really proves Karma exists...  Early waivers this week was before Lamar Jackson's Covid was announced.  At that time, I had Jackson, T Hill, Rivers and A Smith all on the roster due to my hoarding them last week.  I dropped Rivers and Smith to add some depth at other positions.  I tried to drop Hill for Cousins but was outbid by a lot. So I head to week 12 with Lamar and Hill.  No big deal.

Then BOOM.  Jackson has Covid and will probably miss 2 weeks.  I am stuck with T Hill this week or Baker Mayfield, who I just picked up.

THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS 100% PROOF OF KARMA

kar·ma
/ˈkärmə/

noun

1. (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
    • INFORMAL
      destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

Eh, you still have Hill and a backup in Mayfield and Hill is a top 10, could be top 5 play this week. So, I don't think this is a great example of Karma.  Now if you had no options left at QB and was outbid by another owner for Cousins for your only shot at one, then that would've been the fantasy gods crapping in you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, irish said:

Eh, you still have Hill and a backup in Mayfield and Hill is a top 10, could be top 5 play this week. So, I don't think this is a great example of Karma.  Now if you had no options left at QB and was outbid by another owner for Cousins for your only shot at one, then that would've been the fantasy gods crapping in you. 

why would I leave myself w/no options? That would be self-destructive, not Karma.  

Here is the Karma: I profited off another team's hardship w/respect to his QB position in week 11.  In week 12, my starting QB is shelved .. and probably for week 13 too.  Double payback. Karma.  

(Of course you know I'm playing with this, right?)

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Stop with the hocus pocus Karma nonesense.

It's a money league, do you want to win or not?

Unless it's a friend, family member or a Gentleman's league go get it.

This is how the game is played. 

Yes Coach! 

Yes Coach, I want to win. 

Yes sir!

Thank you, Sir!

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

why would I leave myself w/no options? That would be self-destructive, not Karma.  

Here is the Karma: I profited off another team's hardship w/respect to his QB position in week 11.  In week 12, my starting QB is shelved .. and probably for week 13 too.  Double payback. Karma.  

Yes Coach! 

Yes sir!

Thank you, Sir!

Always, that's what we're here for, to have some fun. Otherwise, you're not living. 

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yes Coach! 

Yes sir!

Thank you, Sir!

Now go win some money and take the Wife on a nice vacation!