[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamar Jackson tests positive for Covid

Montana is da Man

They need to play this game

I have 44 Pitt Defenses

I have 21 James Conner

I have 11 Diontae Johnson

I have 23 JuJu Smith-Schuster

I have 6 Chase Claypool

I have 10 Justin Tucker

I have Mark Andrews on my #1 overall main event team

There is nothing on the waiver wire in these National leagues and the defenses I would have picked up to replace Pitt have already been picked over.

I am in 22 FFPC playoff games this week

I am in several RTS with win and get in playoffs situations

This is what I was most worried about this year is something like this happening during playoffs

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

I have 44 Pitt Defenses

I have 21 James Conner

I have 6 Chase Claypool

I have 10 Justin Tucker

There is nothing on the waiver wire in these National leagues and the defenses I would have picked up to replace Pitt have already been picked over.

This is what I was most worried about this year is something like this happening during playoffs

It's not looking good Henry. They are dropping like flies. 

The Steelers are going to be very pissed by the sounds of it if they reschedule.  Are we looking at a likely reschedule to after the season is done? Forfeit? Or just play with who can play? 

When I said before the season I didn't know how this is going to work, this is sort of what I had in mind, although the NFL has done far better than I would have guessed so far. 

Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, Henry Muto said:

I have 44 Pitt Defenses

I have 21 James Conner

I have 6 Chase Claypool

I have 10 Justin Tucker

The biggest problems are the Pitt and Balt defenses, kickers, Ebron and Andrews.  I actually have to clear some bench spots to get scrubby replacements for those positions.  DOn't have depth at those positions.  Still going to suck not playing Conner, Johnson or Claypool.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Adam Schefter: 

Four more Ravens’ players and one more staff have tested positive for COVID, source tells ESPN. Game Sunday still on for now, but chances of it being played are diminishing quickly.

The Steelers, although pissed, should be glad it wasn't played on Thursday, as it likely would have caused an outbreak on their team as well.  Although I doubt they are feeling too chipper after having the Titans and now the Ravens having issues affecting them. I found this  "The outbreak is believed to be caused by Baltimore's strength and conditioning coach, who was "disciplined" for failing to report symptoms to the club while also not wearing a mask or a tracking device mandated by the league. "

I doubt any solution is going to be well received by everybody. Postponing to Mon/Tues not ideal, playing week 18 not ideal, playing with non-Covid's not ideal, forfeiting not ideal. Playing with who you have does seem to have an element of fairness though because it seems this is squarely in the Ravens' court.  I would bet though they play Mon/Tues or week 18.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

they have a game on Thursday, so they can't play Monday. 

That'd be a tight turn around.  

BigBen, Tucker, Andrews, Conner, and PitDST.  I already sat Ben and can lose a backup to fill in one of the others.  But replacing all 4 players means a hard hit on my week 13 and 14 options, which at this point in the season I wont be getting back on waivers.

It's less about health and safety, travel arrangements,  or playing a rivalry than it is about screwing up my FF team.   Play sunday!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

That'd be a tight turn around.  

BigBen, Tucker, Andrews, Conner, and PitDST.  I already sat Ben and can lose a backup to fill in one of the others.  But replacing all 4 players means a hard hit on my week 13 and 14 options, which at this point in the season I wont be getting back on waivers.

It's less about health and safety, travel arrangements,  or playing a rivalry than it is about screwing up my FF team.   Play sunday!

I already pulled my Steeler and Ravens players for this week just in case. If they play I'll make the changes later. I feel like this game isn't going to happen. 

5 hours ago, buddahj said:

Didn't they make the 49ers play with a bunch of starters out with covid a few weeks ago? 

Niners  were missing a lot that game but I think only a couple due to covid, a lot missing for actual injuries which is why I think they still played.  Could happen to any team but for SF it was crazy.  I agree with the poster boy comment too

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Adam Schefter: 

Four more Ravens’ players and one more staff have tested positive for COVID, source tells ESPN. Game Sunday still on for now, but chances of it being played are diminishing quickly.

This is yesterday's news.  You made me think this happened again today by posting this 3 hours ago again.

Edited by Henry Muto
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

they have a game on Thursday, so they can't play Monday. 

They would move the Dallas/Bal game to Sunday if they need to just like when they cancelled the KC/Buf Thursday game when Buf played Tenn on Tuesday.

While the NFL would hate to lose another Thursday game they would choose that over losing a game or moving it to week 18.

I pray for no more covid positives as it would wreck me in fantasy playoffs.

I'm pretty much set on sitting Andrews in my lineup regardless. Pittsburgh wasn't the greatest match-up anyway & now Baltimore will be without Jackson. What other offensive players will be out? If they lose too many & Pittsburgh can key in on Andrews with already a poor situation there's no way I risk that in my lineup. I'm rolling with either Tonyan or Hurst this week.

27 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Latest ESPN from afternoon today says the game is moved to Tues evening (so far).

If this remains the case, For fantasy purposes, will my players still count?  Is there a monday eve deadline for games played in a week (Yahoo)?

Yes they should count.  What happened When Tenn/Bills played on Tuesday ? This already happened this year.

• Thanks 2

On 11/27/2020 at 3:27 PM, Henry Muto said:

Yes they should count.  What happened When Tenn/Bills played on Tuesday ? This already happened this year.

Or any other times games were rescheduled like this, why do people think the games won't count? The only issue is maybe the game is not played at all this week.