[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos just ran out of QBs before the game ever started

DMD

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Saints def is behaving with no class

Howso? Multiple interceptions and I haven't seen them doing any end zone celebrations like they normally do. I thought they were showing a lot of class by respecting the fact they weren't intercepting an NFL quarterback. 

Edited by rajncajn

4 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

The celebrations on sacks or tackles for losses on a team that has no qb.

Maybe I'm just being overly sympathetic for a kid (hinton) who barely made the practice squad and just trying his best.

I know, there is no try, do or do not.

Also, duck you yoda

Yeah. I think you're being a little sensitive to expect the defense to not celebrate a good play at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, loaf said:

my opponent thought he was being sly and picked up and started the WR turned QB in his flex spot. Where QBs are not allowed. Got him negative .78 points...ha!

I F'd up to. I needed a WR so i picked him up and started him in my WR slot thinking I'd get at least 10 just by him rushing a ton. I was very wrong! He killed me. 

2 minutes ago, loaf said:

my opponent thought he was being sly and picked up and started the WR turned QB in his flex spot. Where QBs are not allowed. Got him negative .78 points...ha!

I started both of them-  RBqb and WRqb.  Plus my qb.  I knowingly ceded about 25 points doing so.  It wasnt a difference maker... i did it for fun.  

Did he really think that the guy(s) were going to put up points?  

I think he won the state championship as QB in high school and played two years of quarterback in college. If nothing else is kind of interesting to see what a talented but relatively untrained and unprepared guy can do. He's about as close as some glory days guy at the bar saying he wants to try quarterback as we're going to see.

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I think he won the state championship as QB in high school and played two years of quarterback in college. If nothing else is kind of interesting to see what a talented but relatively untrained and unprepared guy can do. He's about as close as some glory days guy at the bar saying he wants to try quarterback as we're going to see.

ffd1b75d484f4146f87f92a239186056.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Fangio needs to be fired.

yesterday

Local radio played a clip of Fangio a month ago dismissing the idea of keeping a QB isolated. Then today, he dismissed the idea again. He threw his QBs under the bus, backed it up and did it again. He has thrown many coaches and players under the bus. He takes almost no responbility for anything.

He doesn't know when to call time outs, nor whether to go for it, punt, or kick a FG. Dude sucks.

Fangio, take some responsibility. If the job is too big for you, be a man and step down.

Yes. Not a Broncos fan but I live in the Denver area. Fangio was a decent coordinator. HC is way over his head.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's ashame what they did to that kid. He's lucky he didn't get killed and now it's back to the practice squad to never be heard from again. 

Lol.  He was a brand new practice player who likely would have never made it on the NFL field in the first place.  He probably made more than his annual salary in one week. If he didn't have an agent before, he has one now.

I think he'll be okay.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

I bet the Denver situation has every other NFL team scrambing to figure out how they would address that happening.

I heard that Denver wanted to promote a position coach or trainer into being the starter for one day since he was a college QB but the NFL said they could not, so they went with Hinton as Plan B.

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Lol.  He was a brand new practice player who likely would have never made it on the NFL field in the first place.  He probably made more than his annual salary in one week. If he didn't have an agent before, he has one now.

I think he'll be okay.

Yeah, that $50,000 a year on the practice squad is really going to set him & his Family up for generations, lucky guy. 

8 hours ago, DMD said:

I bet the Denver situation has every other NFL team scrambing to figure out how they would address that happening.

I heard that Denver wanted to promote a position coach or trainer into being the starter for one day since he was a college QB but the NFL said they could not, so they went with Hinton as Plan B.

This has happened in the NBA before a couple times, right. I think Tree Rollins played in a game even though he was part of the coaching staff. 

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Yeah, that $50,000 a year on the practice squad is really going to set him & his Family up for generations, lucky guy. 

Practice squad players make a minimum of $8400 a week.  That's $142,800 for a full 17 week season.  That's not bad.

10 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I think he'll be okay.

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I have seen a few sources that say he got about 36K

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/broncos-news-kendall-hintons-salary-for-being-emergency-qb-revealed/amp/

23 minutes ago, jerlane said:

Practice squad players make a minimum of $8400 a week.  That's $142,800 for a full 17 week season.  That's not bad.

He got 36,000 to be embarrassed and ass beat in front of the World. After taxes it's Dog Piss Willy. Now it's back to obscurity. Just saying 

Edited by League_Champion

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He got 36,000 to be embarrassed and ass beat in front of the World. After taxes it's Dog Piss Willy. Now it's back to obscurity. Just saying 

Judging by his interview he wasn't embarrassed at all,  nor should he be. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I agree, everyone knows the predicament he was in. That being said, he's a proud man. In his mind I doubt he's happy with how it went? He was a sacrificial lamb 🐑 

In his mind I'm certain that he knows that he doesn't have a real shot at the NFL, certainly not at QB since he was never even brought in to be a QB in the first place. In his mind he got a chance to get on an NFL field, get a real NFL game jersey with his name on it & a great story to tell for the rest of his life. Oh & they paid him $36k to do it, which is probably at least half of what he'd make in a year working a sales job & right before Christmas time too. I would be willing to bet anyone who's ever had aspirations, including you or me, would jump at the chance to "embarrass" themselves the way he did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

In his mind I'm certain that he knows that he doesn't have a real shot at the NFL, certainly not at QB since he was never even brought in to be a QB in the first place. In his mind he got a chance to get on an NFL field, get a real NFL game jersey with his name on it & a great story to tell for the rest of his life. Oh & they paid him $36k to do it, which is probably at least half of what he'd make in a year working a sales job & right before Christmas time too. I would be willing to bet anyone who's ever had aspirations, including you or me, would jump at the chance to "embarrass" themselves the way he did.

He did fine considering the circumstances, that's a lot of pressure. I hardly know the Players Union agreement or contracts but I wonder why they couldn't of just signed some jobber QB to a 1 week contract. Perhaps it's against the rules or it was too soon of notice.