[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos just ran out of QBs before the game ever started

DMD

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

He got 36,000 to be embarrassed and ass beat in front of the World.

He got paid to play football in the NFL, when his skill set alone would have never, ever provided that opportunity.  

I give him credit for seizing this crazy 2020 opportunity, stepping up and stepping in, knowing full well what it would mean.  

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

In his mind I'm certain that he knows that he doesn't have a real shot at the NFL, certainly not at QB since he was never even brought in to be a QB in the first place. In his mind he got a chance to get on an NFL field, get a real NFL game jersey with his name on it & a great story to tell for the rest of his life. Oh & they paid him $36k to do it, which is probably at least half of what he'd make in a year working a sales job & right before Christmas time too. I would be willing to bet anyone who's ever had aspirations, including you or me, would jump at the chance to "embarrass" themselves the way he did.

This, 100%,  absolutely.  

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Dic Fangio compared the qbs to his children when his children were young. He said he might punish the qbs. He compared adults to children and might punish them.

This team will be dysfunctional until it's sold.

I can't remember exactly the source I read, maybe it was on a Reddit FF forum but multiple people who seemed to know what they were talking about were not happy with Fangio in any number of respects, essentially saying he's a good head coordinator but not a head coach.  It kind of surprised me bc he seems to be talked about in glowing terms otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, League_Champion said:

He did fine considering the circumstances, that's a lot of pressure. I hardly know the Players Union agreement or contracts but I wonder why they couldn't of just signed some jobber QB to a 1 week contract. Perhaps it's against the rules or it was too soon of notice. 

:rolleyes:   Seriously how many replies do you need before you realize you're wrong. The guy dreamed of playing in the NFL as a kid, probably in HS and college too, now he got his chance. I doubt he's looking at like you are are. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

:rolleyes:   Seriously how many replies do you need before you realize you're wrong. The guy dreamed of playing in the NFL as a kid, probably in HS and college too, now he got his chance. I doubt he's looking at like you are are. 

Thank you Karen. I love that I trigger you, it makes me soo happy! You're a Mark. 

• Haha 1