[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OG Check-In

keggerz

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

These stories bring back some good memories, but also, makes me realize how I do miss a few of the originals from here that are no longer with us (I swear I don't mean this to be a downer).

A big cheers in heaven to our friends aqualung and Skippy (apologies if I missed anyone else), you guys are missed ---   :brew:  

5 minutes ago, Big John said:

Skippy died?

Hugh B Tool also died.

I didn't realize that Skippy and Hugh B passed. Wow. I remember Aqua passing and the huddle masses sending stuff and Mrs. Aqua reporting out how things were going. 

4 minutes ago, Big John said:

How come i didn't hear about that until now?

Our Usual Suspects forum is password locked. I'm sure some found out via PMs.

Our virtual league trophies are called "Skippy Trophy" now. Skippy Trophy #22 soon...

Edited by Riffraff

8 minutes ago, heehawks said:

To add some levity, thought I would start the "OG Evil Poster" list...I am sure you fellas can remember way more than I can.

1st one that comes to mind rhymes with Flax Smelf.

Just let @Big John pull the list of Newbie Tool of the Year award winners - that would be a good starting point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, heehawks said:

You'll never convince me that wasn't an alias. Dude was like Beetlejuice. Any time you said his name he'd show up. 

How about mushywankers?

1 hour ago, heehawks said:

To add some levity, thought I would start the "OG Evil Poster" list...I am sure you fellas can remember way more than I can.

That guy tried another FF board or too and had a presence on non-FF boards too. Such a treat.

2 hours ago, Big Country said:

Just let @Big John pull the list of Newbie Tool of the Year award winners - that would be a good starting point.

The search function is not working correctly.  But i found one.: 2006 Huddle Awards results. - Fantasy Football - The Huddle Forums

Edited by Big John

2 hours ago, heehawks said:

Triggered. He was a supreme troll.

Edited by awahl63

So old, dk what OG means (old guard?)Here since '98, I think.

Text Big F'n Dave every gulf hurricane and House of Pain, every few years.

Miss Billy Balata, REZ and all the FLS boys. Best f'n league ever!

Edited by Ramhock

2 hours ago, Ramhock said:

So old, dk what OG means (old guard?)Here since '98, I think.

Text Big F'n Dave every gulf hurricane and House of Pain, every few years.

Miss Billy Balata, REZ and all the FLS boys. Best f'n league ever!

REZ is still fairly active in Fusion,  but he rarely posts on the main boards anymore. 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:51 PM, Big Country said:

Lots of newbies trying to claim OG status in this thread.....

Care to offer some parameters for inclusion in the OG?  I'm pretty sure I don't qualify even though I've been around a long time, and recognize most of the OG guys checking in as the normal crowd back in the day.

Hard to believe the salty guy named Irish is the same one answering thousands of advice questions in the advice section. I guess he's living a double life...

49 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Care to offer some parameters for inclusion in the OG?  I'm pretty sure I don't qualify even though I've been around a long time, and recognize most of the OG guys checking in as the normal crowd back in the day.

Hard to believe the salty guy named Irish is the same one answering thousands of advice questions in the advice section. I guess he's living a double life...

LOL, you learn quickly, if you're part of the "in crowd" you can mock others and give people a hard time, and the others in the "in crowd" support them in the mocking, very much like high school bullies. If you're not in the "in crowd", you're just an A- hole.  At first, as a complete newbie tool, I took the bait and was offended all the time, I was a stupid kid. Now, you just bust back, move on and go shoot the shizz in the advice forum. The irony is some of the same people who have given me crap here are the same ones that will shoot me a text, PM or post in that thread.  You live long enough, you learn to let the little garbage go. Life's to short. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, irish said:

LOL, you learn quickly, if you're part of the "in crowd" you can mock others and give people a hard time, and the others in the "in crowd" support them in the mocking, very much like high school bullies. If you're not in the "in crowd", you're just an A- hole.  At first, as a complete newbie tool, I took the bait and was offended all the time, I was a stupid kid. Now, you just bust back, move on and go shoot the shizz in the advice forum. The irony is some of the same people who have given me crap here are the same ones that will shoot me a text, PM or post in that thread.  You live long enough, you learn to let the little garbage go. Life's to short. 

You have a funny way of letting things go. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I've been here since the old boards.  That's a good starting point,  but even so it doesn't necessarily make you an original gangsta. Guys like BC were here from the very beginning.  I didn't even show up here until a few years later and didn't become active on the boards until they started becoming more popular,  so there are a lot of those old guys who've known each other for many years that don't know me from Adam. I didn't respond because I consider myself "OG," I responded because I've known Keg (the OP) for a really long time.  We've been in many leagues together,  including one of the oldest and longest running BotH leagues. We've talked many times and I even got the pleasure of spending some time with him and his wife while I was traveling for work. He also sent my kids each a stuffed bear from his business after they'd lost most of their stuff in hurricane Katrina.  So I answered because I'd had a personal relationship with him,  as I'm sure many others who've responded have. So it's nothing about being part of some clique like irish suggests. It's just guys who've known each other for a really long time just like anything else. 

• Like 3