keggerz

OG Check-In

5 minutes ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

Who was it (I'm thinking it was Steeltown Dre ?) that used to do the Gamblers Anonymous threads ? 

Or it could of been Swammi  

Not swammi, it was Dre.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:03 PM, Zooty said:

You're not and posting in every thread doesn't make you one.  I don't even think I am since I didn't start posting till 2004

Yeah, I started posting here in 2004 too, so whatever that makes me. I can't remember the last time I posted on the main board. 

On 12/8/2020 at 5:46 PM, rajncajn said:

I've been here since the old boards.  That's a good starting point,  but even so it doesn't necessarily make you an original gangsta. Guys like BC were here from the very beginning.  I didn't even show up here until a few years later and didn't become active on the boards until they started becoming more popular,  so there are a lot of those old guys who've known each other for many years that don't know me from Adam. I didn't respond because I consider myself "OG," I responded because I've known Keg (the OP) for a really long time.  We've been in many leagues together,  including one of the oldest and longest running BotH leagues. We've talked many times and I even got the pleasure of spending some time with him and his wife while I was traveling for work. He also sent my kids each a stuffed bear from his business after they'd lost most of their stuff in hurricane Katrina.  So I answered because I'd had a personal relationship with him,  as I'm sure many others who've responded have. So it's nothing about being part of some clique like irish suggests. It's just guys who've known each other for a really long time just like anything else. 

You're good peeps, Raj.

3 line max response

so I know you'll read this!

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 1:19 PM, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

Who was it (I'm thinking it was Steeltown Dre ?) that used to do the Gamblers Anonymous threads ? 

Or it could of been Swammi  

Steeltown Dre is Warren Sharp and I'm pretty sure it was him. Warren and I were both on a radio show weekly in Tampa for years until the host got brain cancer and then died. It was a ton of fun and a great lineup with Warren and Todd Fuhrman being the segments before mine. If you don't know who Warren is, he's one of the best football minds around imo. 

This is him: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 2:08 PM, msaint2020 said:

:lol::lol:...I don't even have copies anymore, it'd be a miracle if any of you guys did, other than holding up the busted end of your couch!

Still have a copy of it on my bookshelf. I’ve read it a few times, still has me laughing out loud in spots. Love that book!

3 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

I'm OG.  Maybe not here but in another circle for sure.

Circle jerk?

;)

Edited by LordOpie

On 12/10/2020 at 1:18 PM, BillyBalata said:

I still have my copy. Wish I'd had it that weekend so you could sign it. It would be worth...um...lots!

:D:D

20 hours ago, SeductiveNun said:

Still have a copy of it on my bookshelf. I’ve read it a few times, still has me laughing out loud in spots. Love that book!

:bow:

12 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

You never invite me....

Party of one.

4 minutes ago, The Grey Pilgrim said:

The Grey Pilgrim is still here.  Remembering Sarge, Bronco Billy, Breez4Prez, way back in the day.  

Remember Billy. Just didn't want to say his name.

• Haha 3

Hey guys, I've got a ton of new crockpot recipes I didn't just copy and paste from a book that I bought with the funds that were supposed to go to FF winners!

Been here sinco 2002 officially.  Has anyone heard from Puddy? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Life got away for puddy, but he is seen on facebook.

19 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Remember Billy. Just didn't want to say his name.

He has since disappeared from "another board" too.  I was always lukewarm on him.  Sometimes he seemed like a fairly cool guy (I even became "LinkedIn" with him), but other times he was a straight-up-d00shnozzle.  

For the record he was apparently the same "elsewhere".

1 hour ago, Swashbucklers said:

Hey guys, I've got a ton of new crockpot recipes I didn't just copy and paste from a book that I bought with the funds that were supposed to go to FF winners!

Lol.  

7 hours ago, Swashbucklers said:

:lol:

Panther Dave...a name that will live in infamy

Just now, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Oh, missed that.  He was like a grumpy old uncle.

I didn't remember it either yet, I found it when I searched, the other posts that mentioned him were from long ago.  I remember his grumpiness

2 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Dare I bring up Grits....

You mean blitz