[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop 2 - who goes?

8rattoon

12-ream non PPR league. 9-3, 1st place and locked up a 1st round bye, meaning I won't play another meaningful game until week 15 and will be playing for at least 3rd place in week 16.

I need to drop 2 players. Before everyone jumps all over me for carrying two DSTs, please consider that the Rams play NYJ at home in week 15, but travel to SEA for week 16. NO plays MN at home in week 16, which is a better matchup than any DST currently on the ww. I did this by design.

After looking through my roster, though, if a DST needs to go, then so be it, and scold me accordingly!

QB: Herbert

RB: Cook, Drake, Carson, Davis, Duke Johnson, Harris, Mattison, Ekeler

WR: McLaurin, Parker, Chark, Pittman, Deebo

TE: Hockenson

DST: LAR, NO

K: Bass

My initial leanings are Mike Davis and either Harris or Duke.

Thoughts?

Id drop Duke, I'm doing the same thing.  I had the Browns for the last 2 weeks and they have NYG 15 and NYJ 16.  I grabbed Chi they have Jax week 16 and Sea has the NY teams upcoming as well.  If they are on my roster they cant be used against me is my thoughts.  I'm in the same boat 9-3 and first place locked up as well.  Made some killer trades and now sitting pretty.

QB: Rodgers

RB: Carson, Chubb, Mostert, Johnson, Snell

WR: Adams, Hill, Allen

TE: Kelce

Def: Browns, SEA, CHI

K: Carlson

The only players on my roster that I drafted is Kelce and Mostert.  

1 hour ago, mtraider27 said:

Id drop Duke, I'm doing the same thing.  I had the Browns for the last 2 weeks and they have NYG 15 and NYJ 16.  I grabbed Chi they have Jax week 16 and Sea has the NY teams upcoming as well.  If they are on my roster they cant be used against me is my thoughts.  I'm in the same boat 9-3 and first place locked up as well.  Made some killer trades and now sitting pretty.

QB: Rodgers

RB: Carson, Chubb, Mostert, Johnson, Snell

WR: Adams, Hill, Allen

TE: Kelce

Def: Browns, SEA, CHI

K: Carlson

The only players on my roster that I drafted is Kelce and Mostert.  

Your team is quite a bit stronger than mine! People in my league tend to not trade very frequently, if at all.

So you think Davis and Duke?

Edited by 8rattoon

3 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

12-ream non PPR league. 9-3, 1st place and locked up a 1st round bye, meaning I won't play another meaningful game until week 15 and will be playing for at least 3rd place in week 16.

I need to drop 2 players. Before everyone jumps all over me for carrying two DSTs, please consider that the Rams play NYJ at home in week 15, but travel to SEA for week 16. NO plays MN at home in week 16, which is a better matchup than any DST currently on the ww. I did this by design.

After looking through my roster, though, if a DST needs to go, then so be it, and scold me accordingly!

QB: Herbert

RB: Cook, Drake, Carson, Davis, Duke Johnson, Harris, Mattison, Ekeler

WR: McLaurin, Parker, Chark, Pittman, Deebo

TE: Hockenson

DST: LAR, NO

K: Bass

My initial leanings are Mike Davis and either Harris or Duke.

Thoughts?

Why do you have to drop two players? Just curious? If you have limited roster space, how are you already 2 over the limit? Because Carson and Ekeler back/off IR?

Harris would be my first drop. You'd never play him ahead of Cook, Carson, or Ekeler. Mattison is a must keep handcuff, but would only start for you if Carson, Cook, and/or Ekeler get hurt again. Unless you Flexed him? Plus, in the playoffs, not sure I could trust Harris/Belichik to give him touches. 

2nd drop... I guess Duke?

58 minutes ago, Rbrown said:

Why do you have to drop two players? Just curious? If you have limited roster space, how are you already 2 over the limit? Because Carson and Ekeler back/off IR?

Harris would be my first drop. You'd never play him ahead of Cook, Carson, or Ekeler. Mattison is a must keep handcuff, but would only start for you if Carson, Cook, and/or Ekeler get hurt again. Unless you Flexed him? Plus, in the playoffs, not sure I could trust Harris/Belichik to give him touches. 

2nd drop... I guess Duke?

Yes, Ekeler coming off of IR, and Chark most likely coming off of IR.

I'm curious: why do you think I should hang onto Davis?

1 hour ago, 8rattoon said:

Yes, Ekeler coming off of IR, and Chark most likely coming off of IR.

I'm curious: why do you think I should hang onto Davis?

Like Sheets said.. he's too valuable a handcuff right now. CMC isn't a sure bet this year, with injuries and that shoulder thing could linger. He's a viable plug-in play anytime CMC is out. Furthermore, if the CMC owner in your league makes the playoffs, you don't want to give him the safety net of Davis. Even if you don't play him since you're stacked at RB, keeping him helps prevent the other guy from having him. If he loses CMC, he'll have to pick up some risky RB from the waiver wire.