[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure if this is where I ask this, but here it goes...

mmevans217

I am looking for opinions on this situation. Did the Commish make the right call? 

I am in a 2 QB league where you can only roster 3 QBs. This week, team 1 had Lamar Jackson who was ruled out for this week’s game. Team 1 had Baker Mayfield which was started, and the only other QB option was Kyle Allen who has been on IR for a couple of weeks. This owner’s argument was that by the time the Lamar Jackson news came out, a move could not be made and wasn’t able to drop Allen because that game had started. 

Team 2’s owner is arguing that the Kyle Allen part was a move that could have been made before the fact since Allen has been out on IR prior to this week giving the other owner ample time to have made a move and get another QB that was not on IR. This owner feels that the Lamar Jackson owner should not have been allowed to add anyone because of carelessness and not checking lineups ahead of time. 

Ultimately, the Commish of the league allowed team 1 to drop Lamar Jackson (with the understanding that no one else could pick him up on waivers this coming week) and add Trubisky so that team 1 would not take a 0 in the QB2 spot. This move gave Team 1 24 points and the win this week. 

I think it is a bad move, you should be prepared and keep up with your roster especially in this crazy year.  The Ravens game was postponed prior to Wash kick so he should already have been on alert because they postponed a game earlier this year.  I would be arguing that Lamar is fair game or take the 0.  

16 minutes ago, mtraider27 said:

I think it is a bad move, you should be prepared and keep up with your roster especially in this crazy year.  The Ravens game was postponed prior to Wash kick so he should already have been on alert because they postponed a game earlier this year.  I would be arguing that Lamar is fair game or take the 0.  

I agree with this. This year has been such a debacle that you need to watch your lineup almost hourly. 

27 minutes ago, mtraider27 said:

Thank you for your response! 

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I agree with this. This year has been such a debacle that you need to watch your lineup almost hourly. 

Thank you for your response. I am guessing you can guess which side of this I am on or I would not have posted this. I just have a feeling nothing will get done about it. 

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's definitely wrong. 

I know the Commish thinks I am upset because I started Derek Carr and he got me a zero, but at least I started a player that was on my roster and didn’t fuss because I didn’t have a QB 30 minutes before kick off on Sunday. 
This loss will more than likely keep me out of the playoffs. That’s what hurts the most. 

You can't just drop a player and not say that nobody is allowed to pick him up unless that is a league rule.

If you need to start two QBs and are only allowed to have three, then you should have a viable alternative on your team. Sucks to be him.

You should be able to have more Qbs on your roster.

21 minutes ago, MikesVikes said:

You can't just drop a player and not say that nobody is allowed to pick him up unless that is a league rule.

If you need to start two QBs and are only allowed to have three, then you should have a viable alternative on your team. Sucks to be him.

You should be able to have more Qbs on your roster.

It is not a normal league rule. The only “Covid” rule we have had is of a game is in danger of being postponed or canceled, you can have a designated player that you can use in case your starter is going to miss a possible game because of being cancelled, but these players have to already be on your roster. 
The biggest issue I had was him knowing that Kyle Allen has been out and he didn’t have a plan in place. I just feel like he should have had to take a zero from either Jackson or Allen for not having his stuff together. 
The Commish said that rostering 4 QBs was not going to be a good thing because there would be nobody left on waivers. I guess he doesn’t understand that not everyone would roster 4... IDK. 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:35 AM, mmevans217 said:

I am looking for opinions on this situation.

Ultimately, the Commish of the league allowed team 1 to drop Lamar Jackson (with the understanding that no one else could pick him up on waivers this coming week) and add Trubisky so that team 1 would not take a 0 in the QB2 spot. This move gave Team 1 24 points and the win this week. 

IMO bad call unless the league is very informal, friendly, and not that competetive.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, mtraider27 said:

I think it is a bad move...

.  I would be arguing that Lamar is fair game or take the 0.  

I'd be arguing for this, and I'd probably be a jerk about it and grab lamar.  50-50 on that.  

The commissioner did take the 24 points away from the other team; however, The other owner will still retain Lamar Jackson. 
I will still get the loss for the week (he had Metcalf who went absolutely crazy this week), and still has Claypool going this afternoon. I’m only up by 6 so I don’t have a snowball’s chance, but at least this way, I don’t feel like I was cheated out of a possible win. I don’t mind losing in a fair setting. 
Thank you all for your input. I was able to use yalls opinions for my argument to the Commish, and I really think it made a difference. Good luck this week and rest of season! 

Well at least the commish made it right. It’s on the team manager to manage there own team and know if they need too add a player or not. That’s why most leagues added extra ir spots this year or a deeper bench. Good luck 

I'll admit, it can be hard to be a Commish and have to make decisions that benefit one person and screw another.  This year has been especially challenging. I agree with everyone else in this case though, failure to prepare is preparing to fail and that's on your opponent.  

31 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I'll admit, it can be hard to be a Commish and have to make decisions that benefit one person and screw another.  This year has been especially challenging. I agree with everyone else in this case though, failure to prepare is preparing to fail and that's on your opponent.  

I agree with that for sure. I am a commissioner in another league, and I have dealt with a lot this year from owners, but I feel like all I could do is put rules in place and stick to them as best I could. 
Like I said, I ended up losing this week, but it was easier to swallow knowing that the Commish came in and made his bad decision right. I don’t know that he would have though if he had not seen the comments on this post. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, 1fastdoc said:

I'll admit, it can be hard to be a Commish and have to make decisions that benefit one person and screw another.

Set it and forget it.  The best commish is one who is hands off.  Set it up in the begining of the season, everyone plays by the same exact rules.

Weird things happen.   So be it.

Such is life.