[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Fuller suspended 6 games

BillyBalata

Will Fuller announced via Instagram that he's been suspended six games for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing substances policy.

And now we know why Fuller has stayed healthy this year. Currently set to become an unrestricted free agent in March, Fuller will miss the rest of the 2020 season and sit out Week 1 for whichever franchise he ends up with for the new league year. Fuller wraps up his fifth and potentially final campaign with the Texans with career-highs in receiving yards (879) and touchdowns (8) from Deshaun Watson. With Kenny Stills on waivers and Randall Cobb still on injured reserve, Houston will move forward with Brandin Cooks, Keke Coutee, and rookie Isaiah Coulter in three-wide sets in the interim. Fuller turns 27 in April.

Have to admit, PED's do work.

Best fantasy season:

28-423-7 in 2017.

On pace for 77-1,279-12. Just saying...

Problem for the Brandin Cooks owner is that their next three games are IND, @CHI and @IND.

10 minutes ago, DMD said:

Have to admit, PED's do work.

Best fantasy season:

28-423-7 in 2017.

On pace for 77-1,279-12. Just saying...

Problem for the Brandin Cooks owner is that their next three games are IND, @CHI and @IND.

Was just thinking the same thing. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Wow, the guy went from an average always injured NFL receiver to a stud overnight. Who'd of seen this coming? 

Exactly. He went from a deep threat with so-so hands capable of a blowup game once in a while to an elite WR1 who stayed healthy.

I was starting to think his injuries from past seasons were just bad luck.

And Deshaun Watson's receiver corps looks thin.

Brandin Cooks has been doing rather well in the #2 spot.   Is this because fuller draws more coverage, or just that Cooks is legit?   What I am getting at is, now that Fuller is out will Cooks be likely to take advantage of the increased touches, or will he fair worse because he'll draw the best Dbacks now?

Discussion at lunchtime at work.  Split 50-50.  Some saying Cooks is lucky and benefitting from the attention Fuller draws.  Others saying Cooks is going to cook, taking advantage of the increased target share he'll get.

I figured I'd carry the conversaiton over here.  

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Completely different type of receiver and can't stay healthy himself.  Now if Brandin Cooks were to get hurt Coutee would rise.  Maybe I'm wrong.

True but they'll need weapons and his use should increase. 

On 11/30/2020 at 10:44 PM, irish said:

Hello Keke Coutee for a bigger role. 

On 12/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, darin3 said:

Completely different type of receiver and can't stay healthy himself.  Now if Brandin Cooks were to get hurt Coutee would rise.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Hello Keke Coutee!  

Targeted 7 times for 6 receptions and 107 yards, leading the team in receiving to this point and all season highs on the season to date. 16.7 in PPR leagues. 

Now I still agree that he's had trouble staying healthy, but that's a bigger role for sure, at least for one week. 

Coutee finished 8 receptions for 141 yards in 9 targets. Really nice game!