[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Busts

purplemonster

Seems like quite a few injury plagued seasons and busts in the top few rounds.  Including both categories: 1, 2, 3, 6, 11, 13, 15ish,17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26ish, 27(not bad but ending poorly), 28ish, 29, 30ish. There are definitely quite a few who played well but just got injured. I have not compared directly to other years, but that is close to a 60-70% bust rate in the top 2-3 rounds.   Even removing the iffy ones leaves you at 50%. 

0.5 PPR ADP 

RANK
PLAYER Team (Bye)
POS
CBS
MFL
FANTRAX
AVG
1 Christian McCaffrey CAR (13) 

RB1   1 1 1.0
2 Ezekiel Elliott DAL (10) 

RB2   3 2 2.5
3 Saquon Barkley NYG (11) O 

RB3   2 3 2.5
4 Derrick Henry TEN (4) 

RB4   4 6 5.0
5 Dalvin Cook MIN (7) 

RB5   5 5 5.0
6 Michael Thomas NO (6) 

WR1   7 4 5.5
7 Alvin Kamara NO (6) 

RB6   6 7 6.5
8 Davante Adams GB (5) 

WR2   13 9 11.0
9 Nick Chubb CLE (9) 

RB7   12 11 11.5
10 Tyreek Hill KC (10) 

WR3   16 8 12.0
11 Joe Mixon CIN (9) 

RB8   15 10 12.5
12 Josh Jacobs LV (6) 

RB9   14 14 14.0
13 Julio Jones ATL (10) 

WR4   17 12 14.5
14 Aaron Jones GB (5) 

RB10   11 19 15.0
15 Clyde Edwards-Helaire KC (10) 

RB11   10 21 15.5
16 Patrick Mahomes II KC (10) 

QB1   8 25 16.5
17 Lamar Jackson BAL (7) 

QB2   9 24 16.5
18 DeAndre Hopkins ARI (8) 

WR5   21 13 17.0
19 Travis Kelce KC (10) 

TE1   19 16 17.5
20 Chris Godwin TB (13) 

WR6   23 15 19.0
21 Kenyan Drake ARI (8) 

RB12   22 17 19.5
22 George Kittle SF (11) 

TE2   25 18 21.5
23 Miles Sanders PHI (9) 

RB13   20 23 21.5
24 Austin Ekeler LAC (6) 

RB14   18 26 22.0
25 Kenny Golladay DET (5) 

WR7   27 20 23.5
26 Mike Evans TB (13) 

WR8   26 22 24.0
27 Todd Gurley II ATL (10) 

RB15   24 32 28.0
28 Amari Cooper DAL (10) 

WR9   30 28 29.0
29 Odell Beckham Jr. CLE (9) O 

WR10   35 27 31.0
30 Chris Carson SEA (6) 

RB16
Edited by purplemonster

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

I am new to FF, but imo this makes things more interesting and emphasizes the skill of the ff owner as opposed to simply rewarding a great draft class each week.

ymmv.  

I agree. While it's been frustrating as hell it's also been a unique challenge. I have teams where I flipped almost the entire roster. 

• Haha 1

Well I was on first place of the first ten weeks, so I was not able to pick anyone from ww for the most part, Slowey my team went from 5-0, to 6-1  to 7-7 (ty McCaffery).  Since I run my league I will change the ww next year from last place picks first to a rolling list each week.  Sour grape, perhaps, but seeing teams with bad drafts get rewarded each week unit they have a better record that me.  lol      strange but maybe better to lose week one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dougsul said:

Well I was on first place of the first ten weeks, so I was not able to pick anyone from ww for the most part, Slowey my team went from 5-0, to 6-1  to 7-7 (ty McCaffery).  Since I run my league I will change the ww next year from last place picks first to a rolling list each week.  Sour grape, perhaps, but seeing teams with bad drafts get rewarded each week unit they have a better record that me.  lol      strange but maybe better to lose week one.

FAAB. It’s so much better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dougsul said:

FAAB or rolling, either would be a major improvement on your system. I know the experts seem to think FAAB is fairest but it is slightly more strategy. Either system would be a major upgrade. 

5 hours ago, purplemonster said:

FAAB or rolling, either would be a major improvement on your system. I know the experts seem to think FAAB is fairest but it is slightly more strategy. Either system would be a major upgrade. 

Agreed. Reverse standings is the worst.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:26 AM, FinishTheDrill said:

IMO a rolling list rewards prioritizing while still permitting research and HW and dd to overcome an unlucky draft class or compete against lottery winning drafts.

I agree and have suggested that change in our league, but people in our league hate change, anybody suggesting a change is suspected of trying to create an advantage for themselves. I am one of the two commissioners, we only change rules that are agreed to by a majority of our owners. I saw the post by somebody else saying they got screwed by this and are commish so they're going to change it next year, if the league owners allow that I suppose go ahead. Or maybe they won't be told even. (Not a good way to run a league in my opinion.)

FAAB may be best, but some leagues don't have owners willing to put in that extra time, and are happy with that. 

Edited by stevegrab

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I agree and have suggested that change in our league, but people in our league hate change, anybody suggesting a change is suspected of trying to create an advantage for themselves. I am one of the two commissioners, we only change rules that are agreed to by a majority of our owners. I saw the post by somebody else saying they got screwed by this and are commish so they're going to change it next year, if the league owners allow that I suppose go ahead. Or maybe they won't be told even. (Not a good way to run a league in my opinion.)

FAAB may be best, but some leagues don't have owners willing to put in that extra time, and are happy with that. 

this is my league to a T...they don't wanna put in any more work than necessary 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-12-21 at 7:58 PM, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Best ballers.  smh

Hey, I do about 11 dynasty leagues, and 2 best ball.   1 redraft, 1 dynasty. Sure, I dont look at them as often, but the dynasty one does have weekly faab, and as for the redraft, it's a fun way of looking at your early thoughts at the end of the season

In my dynasty BB rookie only draft (16 team), I got Gibson at 2.08 and james Robinson at 3.14

Edited by millworkguy