[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers fire Anthony Lynn

Wolverines Fan

Yeah, 12-4 2 years ago, and beat the ravens in the playoffs, but 5-11 and 7-9 in the next 2 years.  I think they just expected more, esp when rivers took the hit for going 5-11,  he ran out of excuses.   Remove the last 4 games from this season and they where 3-9.  

I hope whoever comes in can get even more out of Hebert, they could be very exciting to watch.

17 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Was he that bad?? I haven't seen much of the Chargers. It seems that he did a pretty good job with what he had, especially in developing Herbert. Seems unwarranted from a far. 

Some are saying the development of Herbert is thanks to the QB coach Pep Hamilton, not Lynn.

That said I think Lynn didn't get a fair shake here.  

Dean Spanos isn't know as a great owner or decision maker. Seems like he didn't get a fair chance, as a fan of a team that saw new coaches almost every 2 years I think many just don't have the patience. Maybe they want somebody new to work with Herbert going forward, instead of watching him possibly regress on a mediocre team.

And some NFL teams are looking for that college coach that can come to the NFL and bring his bag of tricks, like the talk of Urban Meyer to Jags to build with Trevor Lawrence. 

Sorry, i like Lynn- seems like a good guy, but i didnt think he was a good head coach.

His decision making and clock management got worse over time- not better.

He also seemed to be overwhelmed in big moments.

Now dont get me wrong here- not a fan at all of Spanos- but i dont disagree with moving on after 4 years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, doobwaa said:

Sorry, i like Lynn- seems like a good guy, but i didnt think he was a good head coach.

His decision making and clock management got worse over time- not better.

He also seemed to be overwhelmed in big moments.

Now dont get me wrong here- not a fan at all of Spanos- but i dont disagree with moving on after 4 years.

I think the Chargers fan makes the exact point why he was let go. Seems like a great players coach. But if you paid attention this year, his clock management decisions and everything else at the end of both halves, there were disasters almost every week it seemed. seems to me several games were lost this year based on those decisions alone this year.

• Like 2

So weird that Charger games can be boiled down to the last 85 seconds of the 4th qtr. Almost all losses in any year are within 7 points or a kicker missing a long fg.  Herbert looks like a QB that can make a difference but will he? Spanos family ruling by the almighty dollar may have snake bit this team until there is a new owner.

• Like 2