[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Survivor pool advice - playoff reset

rpaulson7

I know this isn't FFL, but maybe close enough. 

I made it through the regular season, it's double elimination, and I have 1 strike.  Now the NFL teams reset, with these rules. Who would you pick in week 1, and why?  Straight up, not ATS.

1. The playoff teams are all reset. However, once you pick a playoff team you can't pick that team again for the rest of the playoffs.

2. You may need to have some strategy in picking your teams. If you happen to get to the Super Bowl and don't have a team to pick, that is considered a miss and if you already have a miss then you are out of the pool.

I have narrowed to 2 options, but wondering what others think.

I think you take the Bucs in the wild card round, since they probably lose to the Packers next week. The other options which are the Bills and Saints, big favorites, both have a better chance of winning next weekend too. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, irish said:

I think you take the Bucs in the wild card round, since they probably lose to the Packers next week. The other options which are the Bills and Saints, big favorites, both have a better chance of winning next weekend too. 

Thanks for the input. I tend to agree, TB was my first choice followed by Buffalo. 

I think I need to pick a team in week 1 that I expect to not go very far (but that will win) . The problem is that the way TB and Buffalo are playing, they could go to the Super Bowl! 

16 minutes ago, rpaulson7 said:

Thanks for the input. I tend to agree, TB was my first choice followed by Buffalo. 

I think I need to pick a team in week 1 that I expect to not go very far (but that will win) . The problem is that the way TB and Buffalo are playing, they could go to the Super Bowl! 

True but then again both could lose in round 2, one to GB and the other to Pitt.  I think the Bucs win handily in round 1 and make for a perfect pick. I'm in the same boat and made the same pick. 

• Thanks 1