[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wildcard games chat

Big John

Steelers getting their azzes whopped. Makes me feel slightly better about my Hawks embarrassing effort yesterday. Spotlight will be all over Steelers instead of my lowly Hawks. 

Edited by heehawks
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

And this is where it could get dangerous quickly, can we come back to football ...

Can't believe "and Pittsburgh is very much in this" was said

Just trying to keep the viewers from jumping over to Netflix or Hulu to see what movies are in "my favorites" list. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Steelers getting their azzes whopped. Makes me feel slightly better about my Hawks embarrassing effort yesterday. Spotlight will be all over Steelers instead of my lowly Hawks. 

Heh.  Sehawks may have had the most disappointing finish to a 12-4 season in NFL history.

Pittsburgh:  Hold my beer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Heh.  Sehawks may have had the most disappointing finish to a 12-4 season in NFL history.

Pittsburgh:  Hold my beer.

I was coming to say something similar. They both started the season on fire and then flamed out. Neither could get the offense, particularly the running game, going during the 2nd half of the season.

Didn't get a chance to watch the games but surprised how many points the Browns put up.  Not going go be happy Pitt fans out there.  The Seahawks disappointed but their D was a problem and they looked out of sorts at the end of the season. I thought the Titams would beat Baltimore, or maybe hoped they would.  Should be some interesting games these playoffs

The football bettor/contest player in me is hoping for a chalk championship weekend (GB/NO and KC/BUF), as I am heavily invested in those teams making it.  That said, all bets/contests aside, the football fan in me is truly hoping that the Rams and Browns absolutely bring it this weekend.  If they do, I think they can both give GB and KC some trouble, respectively.  If not, and either of them suffers a bit of a letdown, they could get blown out, which would be a shame.  

33 minutes ago, Gopher said:

The football bettor/contest player in me is hoping for a chalk championship weekend (GB/NO and KC/BUF), as I am heavily invested in those teams making it.  That said, all bets/contests aside, the football fan in me is truly hoping that the Rams and Browns absolutely bring it this weekend.  If they do, I think they can both give GB and KC some trouble, respectively.  If not, and either of them suffers a bit of a letdown, they could get blown out, which would be a shame.  

I fear both games have a better chance of being a blowout versus the underdog winning. 

9 minutes ago, irish said:

I fear both games have a better chance of being a blowout versus the underdog winning. 

Yeah, I'm not saying I expect either underdog to win.  I'd love to see that happen (especially the Rams), but I'm just hoping for entertaining games.  Keep it close.  If they play well, I think they both can do so.  

1 minute ago, Gopher said:

Yeah, I'm not saying I expect either underdog to win.  I'd love to see that happen (especially the Rams), but I'm just hoping for entertaining games.  Keep it close.  If they play well, I think they both can do so.  

Agreed, I just want good, competitive games. 

On 1/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, Big John said:

For winning the division. they got the #4 seed.  Non-division winners get the 5-7 seeds.

Exactly every few years some horrible team wins a division, and host somebody with a better record and some fans scream for change.

Don't want to play on the road in the first week of the playoffs, its simple win more games than the 3 other teams in your division, the 4 of you have 14 common opponents (if you count 6 games in division, which are not the same 3 opponents since WAS does not play WAS) so the schedules are plenty fair and balanced.