[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wildcard games chat

Big John

19 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Did loaf and Steve just have an orgasm?

Don't know about loaf but I don't chat with online folks during the game, mostly since I already have a circle of friends I do that with, and that group all watches games on delay like me (sometimes we're in synch other times we are not).

It was a great game, nothing like I was expecting and it wiped away decades of futility and embarrassment. Don't even really care how we look against the Chiefs. I wonder if any of their players will talk trash about it just being the same old Browns :)

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 2:56 PM, Gopher said:

Yeah, I'm not saying I expect either underdog to win.  I'd love to see that happen (especially the Rams), but I'm just hoping for entertaining games.  Keep it close.  If they play well, I think they both can do so.  

The Browns since Week 10 were 6-2 and one loss was to an unbelievable last second heroics from last year's MVP. The other loss was a head scratcher to the jets. I expect the Browns to keep it close. They aren't at the Chiefs level. If I were a betting man, I'd take the Browns with the points. I don't even know how many they're getting but I expect the game to be decided by 6 points or less. Or I'll come back here in a few days and see that this didn't age well at all, lol.

2 hours ago, loaf said:

I were a betting man, I'd take the Browns with the points. I don't even know how many they're getting but I expect the game to be decided by 6 points or less. Or I'll come back here in a few days and see that this didn't age well at all, lol.

I wouldn't touch the game. I think 10-13 points is about right. I would strongly consider the under though. 

• Chiefs vs. Browns point spread: Chiefs -10
  • Chiefs vs. Browns over-under total: 57 points
  • Chiefs vs. Browns money line: Chiefs -500, Browns +400
  • CLE: Underdog has covered the spread in five of the last seven meetings in this series
  • KC: Chiefs have covered four of their last five postseason home games

2 hours ago, loaf said:

The Browns since Week 10 were 6-2 and one loss was to an unbelievable last second heroics from last year's MVP. The other loss was a head scratcher to the jets. I expect the Browns to keep it close. They aren't at the Chiefs level. If I were a betting man, I'd take the Browns with the points. I don't even know how many they're getting but I expect the game to be decided by 6 points or less. Or I'll come back here in a few days and see that this didn't age well at all, lol.

I agree.  It's around KC -10 and they (KC) have not been good against the spread.  I think KC wins, but if I had to guess, I think it's within a TD.  

Just now, League_Champion said:

I wouldn't touch the game. I think 10-13 points is about right. I would strongly consider the under though. 

• Chiefs vs. Browns point spread: Chiefs -10
  • Chiefs vs. Browns over-under total: 57 points
  • Chiefs vs. Browns money line: Chiefs -500, Browns +400
  • CLE: Underdog has covered the spread in five of the last seven meetings in this series
  • KC: Chiefs have covered four of their last five postseason home games

Yeah, that's a lot of points.  

It does seem high, but then you think about the possible scenarios that could go down.  This game could end up 31-27, or it could end up 42-14.  I think the former is more likely than the latter, but it's really hard to say.  Will CLE have a letdown after such a monumental win last week?  Will KC come out flat after basically two weeks off (and they didn't play great the two weeks before that, at least on offense)?  Only time will tell, and I can't wait to see what happens.

As much as I'd like to think that I have these games figured out, I know from experience that that's probably not the case.  Somebody is going to surprise us this weekend.  Will it be CLE?  Or the Rams?  Will the BAL defense, which may be the best defense in football right now, shut down a BUF offense that needs a huge game from Josh Allen to move on?  I don't want to call BUF a one-dimensional offense, because Allen is so dangerous with his feet, but let's face it.... I don't think anybody expects Singletary to do much on the ground.  He's gotten three carries a game the past two weeks.   

As for the last game, is there any merit to the idea that it's hard to beat a divisional opponent three times?  What if NOS is simply better than TB?  I heard yesterday that, of the 70+ times where two teams meet for a third time in a season (in the playoffs, obviously), the NO-TB point difference in their first two meetings is the greatest of all of those 70+ matchups.  That's pretty crazy, but not surprising when you really think about it.  TB got handled easily in Week 1, and completely smoked in their second matchup.  I expect it to be closer this time, but I'm still leaning Saints.  

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It does seem awfully high. But Vegas has been nailing the over unders this year. Maybe they know something we don't but it does seem way too high. 

Like that all games are fixed.