[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dan Campbell hired as new Lions coach

League_Champion

Well he's certainly building a good staff.  :shrug: 

They pulled Duce Staley, who is a "hot" name out there, as the assistant HC / RB coach.

They nabbed Anthony Lynn as the OC, who folks think is a far better coordinator than HC.

They also got Aaron Glenn at DC, which many think was a great hire.

I don't get the hate for the hire.  Campbell's been a name out there for quite some time.

• Like 2

I hadn't heard his name mentioned much, and I suspect that may be part of the hate, plus the Lions have been a punching bag for NFL fans for many years, much like my Browns were for years.

The last head scratcher HC hire for the Browns was Mike Pettine, he had been DC in BUF but I didn't see him as a HC candidate, and I mostly wanted somebody with experience at that point, but the job was never very attractive and they kept getting the ugly fat girl in the corner dance partner treatment. It does suck that he's probably going to be without Stafford as well, I would hope the team management informed him of that very real possibility before hiring him. 

The Lions aren't competing next year or for the next few years.  They might as well groom a guy like Campbell who appears to have a lot of the qualities needed in an effective leader in this league.  Heck, as a Bears fan I'm actually kinda jealous.  

13 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Well he's certainly building a good staff.  :shrug: 

They pulled Duce Staley, who is a "hot" name out there, as the assistant HC / RB coach.

They nabbed Anthony Lynn as the OC, who folks think is a far better coordinator than HC.

They also got Aaron Glenn at DC, which many think was a great hire.

I don't get the hate for the hire.  Campbell's been a name out there for quite some time.

I don’t know anything about the guy, I was just poking fun at his news conference. It was pretty ridiculous

As a Packer fan I applaud the "amazing" job the division rivals continue with hires and personnel. Thank you for consistently being so dumb. Maybe Detroit can then go get one of the two "QB's" in CHI. Can't wait to see what CHI-DET-MIN do in the draft. Thank you for your continued ineptitude. Packer fans appreciate it!!

GO PACK GO!!