[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fans hilariously slam Eagles coach Nick Sirianni for his systems rant in first news conference

League_Champion

52 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This was the worst press conference I have ever heard, he's an idiot. How the hell did this guy get a head coaching job? He won't last long, not in Philly. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/philadelphia-eagles-fans-slam-jokes-coach-nick-sirianni-systems-rant-twitter-reaction-222125633.html

What are you talking about?!  This guy is absolutely perfect for Philly!!  As soon as I saw him at the podium, I started laughing and said this guy is a dolt.  Then he started talking and I was like, what a perfect match for Philly. I'm thrilled!!

28 minutes ago, irish said:

What are you talking about?!  This guy is absolutely perfect for Philly!!  As soon as I saw him at the podium, I started laughing and said this guy is a dolt.  Then he started talking and I was like, what a perfect match for Philly. I'm thrilled!!

I'm sure you are thrilled. But I'm pretty confident that your dolt owner/coach out dolt my owner/coach. Then again, maybe it's a wash. How bout that Washington Football Team? 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm sure you are thrilled. But I'm pretty confident that your dolt owner/coach out dolt my owner/coach. Then again, maybe it's a wash. How bout that Washington Football Team? 

Lmao!  Who the hell knows?  Does Washington get a QB?  What does Barkley look like when he returns?  If we get Dak back and he's good to go, we'd absolutely be in the running for sure. A lot of IFs.

43 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

All he kept saying was "look" & "ok". That condescending I know more than you attitude may work in other Cities, but not in Philly. He's already a dead man walking. They are lighting him up. 

Yeah I didn't see the whole press conference so I didn't get the condescending angle you're talking about, I just saw a guy fumbling over his words. But that's interesting that Philly responds particularly negative to perceived arrogance. He may be trying to act tough and smart bc he's young. Kind of the same stuff that made whatshisface unlikeable in Detroit.  He may need to tone it down, might not be used to the press. Or he could be an arrogant dick idk. 

The owner, Jeffrey Laurie said that he had 2 great interviews with the Eagles, how? He couldn't answer a single question, doesn't know what offensive/defensive system he's running, what his philosophies are and was more nervous than a hooker in church. It was by far the worst introductory press conference that I've ever seen. Just brutal. The Philadelphia media is going to eat him alive. 

On one hand, he is a first-time head coach and was probably nervous. On the other, he's probably getting $5 million a year to build a smart football team that is a system that is easy to learn but complicated to other offenses and defenses because the first part is knowing what to do because it is easy to learn because less thinking means talent with systems in place because then less thinking means talent takes over with systems.

33 minutes ago, DMD said:

On one hand, he is a first-time head coach and was probably nervous. On the other, he's probably getting $5 million a year to build a smart football team that is a system that is easy to learn but complicated to other offenses and defenses because the first part is knowing what to do because it is easy to learn because less thinking means talent with systems in place because then less thinking means talent takes over with systems.

I should be allowed to upvote this 

1 hour ago, DMD said:

Haha! Were you his speech writer? 

23 hours ago, DMD said:

John Madden couldn’t have explained it any clearer than that. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 10:04 PM, League_Champion said:

Hey, it's not Adam Gase.  You've got that going for you. His initial PC was worse. 

11 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Does anybody know what he was looking at and why he was looking that way? 

His eyes were all over from the outset.  I'm thinking too much meds of some sort.  It was abnormal.  The Eagles HC just got all tangled in his presentation and seemed underprepared.  Gase seemed insane. Literally.

• Thanks 1

Maybe it’s just me but I think this is being blown way out of proportion. I’m sure he was nervous, lost his train of thought and it snowballed. The Detroit coach with his biting off knee caps speech is worse. 

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

Maybe it’s just me but I think this is being blown way out of proportion. I’m sure he was nervous, lost his train of thought and it snowballed. The Detroit coach with his biting off knee caps speech is worse. 

I'm just worried that if he's nervous now then what will he be like week 16 in Dallas fighting for a playoff spot? A virtual press conference is cake compared to that pressure cooker. 

21 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'm just worried that if he's nervous now then what will he be like week 16 in Dallas fighting for a playoff spot? A virtual press conference is cake compared to that pressure cooker. 

Don't worry, since your team is in the NFC LEAST you'll still have a chance to make the playoffs in week 17 (or 18) with your sub .500 record. 

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Don't worry, since your team is in the NFC LEAST you'll still have a chance to make the playoffs in week 17 (or 18) with your sub .500 record. 

I think Washington is a QB away from being a really good team and Dallas will bounce back with Dak. Hell, last place in the NFC Least is looking like a sad reality.